What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL Coach for 2007

newmanj

Juniors
I believe the current coach of the Newcastle Jersey Flegg side, Rip Taylor, is going to be the PL coach at Parra next year.

Fairleigh to be assistant to Hagan. Craig Smith to be forwards coach.

Good signing for Parra. The Newcastle JF side is top of the table.

Rip wasnt in Brian Smiths plans for next season.

Welcome to Smithsville, Knights Fans.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
We could do alot worse than Craig Smith as a fowards coach. 35 years old and he is still showing the young guys how it's done.

Some Knights fans said Fairleigh and Hagan didn't get along though?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Kinda doubt he will unless things get serious

if for example Cayless, Vella, Cannings, Oake, Weller and Cordoba all get long term injuries you could see him play but other then that.....

Hurriflatch

Referee
I thought it was Smith-Farilegh who didn't get along and Brian basically said Fairleigh was a cra* coach

number8

Juniors
I've heard plenty of Knights fans say the very same thing. Fairleigh isn't a coaches ar*ehole apparently!

MrT

Juniors
newmanj said:
I believe the current coach of the Newcastle Jersey Flegg side, Rip Taylor, is going to be the PL coach at Parra next year.

:lol: I read that as R.I.P Taylor.

Hope he brings some of the talent with him, but didn't we beat them:roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
newmanj said:

Oh damn...Look forward to our forwards being dirty...

strider

Post Whore
newmanj said:

you could basically say the same thing to us ... ie. "Welcome to Hagansville, Eels Fans" ... our coaching staff has pretty much getting a cleanout too .... I think its a pretty wide practice that a new coach will get his own staff.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
would have like to have seen JT in the mix there some where, hopefully he'll be back soon

number8

Juniors
I'd gotton over being unhappy about next year but the feelings are comming back now. & are getting rid of a lot of good loyal staff for these guys to come in. Unbelivable!

strider

Post Whore
I have no knowledge of the situation but I get the feeling from what I saw on last weeks NRL on Fox that JT is not overly happy with Parramatta - I wouldn't expect him to return anytime soon .... he'll do a great job as our coach the rest of the season cos he's professional and wants to succeed.

parra pete

Referee
I received a Press Release from the Knights at the paper today, advising Trent Robinson has been appointed PL Coach at Newcastle...

parra pete

Referee
number8 said:
I'd gotton over being unhappy about next year but the feelings are comming back now. & are getting rid of a lot of good loyal staff for these guys to come in. Unbelivable!

The BIG mail I had last week was John Lang is set to replace Bomber at Souths as head coach...
It came from impeccable sources..I find it hard to believe especially as Taylor is moving there as assistant coach...and I told that to my source..
His reply "That's what I've heard in Queensland..and from sources close to Langy and Richo"...Mmmmmmm!!!!
We'll just have to wait and see how close it is to the money...If it is wrong, it will be the first time this season from about ten 'tips'...

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
I received a Press Release from the Knights at the paper today, advising Trent Robinson has been appointed PL Coach at Newcastle...

former lower grade player at parra who went to France to play???

strider

Post Whore
parra pete said:
The BIG mail I had last week was John Lang is set to replace Bomber at Souths as head coach...
It came from impeccable sources..I find it hard to believe especially as Taylor is moving there as assistant coach...and I told that to my source..
His reply "That's what I've heard in Queensland..and from sources close to Langy and Richo"...Mmmmmmm!!!!
We'll just have to wait and see how close it is to the money...If it is wrong, it will be the first time this season from about ten 'tips'...
well apart from the whole darren lockyer won't captain qld thing ;-) :lol:

actually - just on john lang - i cannot believe he is not a coach in demand (well maybe he is after all) .... personally i would have liked to see him at parra