What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL Coach for 2007

number8

Juniors
That said, I had my fingers crossed for JT & really didn't think I needed too. I couldn't belive he didn't get 1st crack! It still makes me cranky.

parra pete

Referee
Mick Crocker was set to captain Qld in State of Origin until suspended. Believe it or not......I don't class that as a misinformation...and let me say this..THAT source was from someone who WOULD know.. ;-)
It came from the same source that nominated Dallas Johnson and Matt Scott in the starting lineup for game one, the same source that advised Mal would coach both the President X111 and SOO, that Clinton Schifoscke was to become a Red, Choc to play fullback in the SOO, Rhys Wesser to replace Hodges on the wing, Simon Woolford moving to St George, and Neil Henry to coach the Raiders.
His strike rate is awesome. He makes Danny Weidler and Rebecca Wilson look like tittle tats. I'll bet they wish they had him on their side....
He is just about infallible..Let's call him the Pope...
Next time I hear something I'll say "The Pope" told me........

parra pete

Referee
Yeah I know...I thought I was on the Raiders forum there for a while. Have a look at a thread I started there "Scoop on Choc" and the number of hits it received and the initial reaction at the start..and the last few after Clinto actually signed.
Talk about stirring up a hornet's nest....:lol:

newmanj

Juniors
If what Pete says is true, and i have absolutely no reason to disbelieve him, it surely would not make JT very happy.

Let me propose this scenario to you all. This is not a rumour, just me thinking aloud. One would think that JT would have a clause in his contract, that if offered a first grade job at another club he would be given a release. (the same clause Peter Sharp had earlier this season). If Parra finish the season VERY strongly, and make an impact in the semi's, maybe Fitzy could offer JT the job as FG coach at Parra, and thereby gain a release from his contract with Souths. Then appoint Michael Hagan as the coaching co-ordinator or something along those lines.

Maybe that is just me being wishful, as i am quite disappointed to see JT leave. Having said that, i am sure Michael Hagan will do a fantastic job.

strider

Post Whore
fitzy is too tight - he won't pay 2 coaches

i'm fine with hagan coming too .... i think the team's success is more about players than coaches tho - so i'd be happy with any good coach

number8

Juniors
The following is 8's young blokes opinion on Hages comming next year. As typed by a 5 year old.

i wont him to leav & he will leav when I tel him to.

I wish that were so Robbo. We've let go two better coaches to get him over now!

parra pete

Referee
newmanj said:
If what Pete says is true, and i have absolutely no reason to disbelieve him, it surely would not make JT very happy.

Let me propose this scenario to you all. This is not a rumour, just me thinking aloud. One would think that JT would have a clause in his contract, that if offered a first grade job at another club he would be given a release. (the same clause Peter Sharp had earlier this season). If Parra finish the season VERY strongly, and make an impact in the semi's, maybe Fitzy could offer JT the job as FG coach at Parra, and thereby gain a release from his contract with Souths. Then appoint Michael Hagan as the coaching co-ordinator or something along those lines.

Maybe that is just me being wishful, as i am quite disappointed to see JT leave. Having said that, i am sure Michael Hagan will do a fantastic job.

Jason, I think the fact that Lang is to coach South is completely out of left field...I PERSONALLY do not believe it will happen.
First of all, it would be very disruptive to Souths, and would rock the boat in the coaching ranks. It would not be fair to Bomber, Langy OR J Taylor..and that's what I told my mate.
He was philosophical about it, just said "Well, that's what I've heard"..
Me..the odds of it happening (ie J Lang to Souths) in my opinion are about 100/1...

MrT

Juniors
parra pete said:
Mick Crocker was set to captain Qld in State of Origin until suspended. Believe it or not......I don't class that as a misinformation...and let me say this..THAT source was from someone who WOULD know.. ;-)
It came from the same source that nominated Dallas Johnson and Matt Scott in the starting lineup for game one, the same source that advised Mal would coach both the President X111 and SOO, that Clinton Schifoscke was to become a Red, Choc to play fullback in the SOO, Rhys Wesser to replace Hodges on the wing, Simon Woolford moving to St George, and Neil Henry to coach the Raiders.
His strike rate is awesome. He makes Danny Weidler and Rebecca Wilson look like tittle tats. I'll bet they wish they had him on their side....
He is just about infallible..Let's call him the Pope...
Next time I hear something I'll say "The Pope" told me........

Pete, get this guy to do his homework on Parra

Hurriflatch

Referee
a lot of people said the club needed to get rid of everything in the coaching ranks to eliminate any "Brian Smith influenced people" now that they are people are still not happy.

Denis could sign Benji, SBW, Mason, Gasnier, Buderus, Inglis, Slater, Hunt and Lockyer all for an average of 100k each while still keeping the likes of Taia, Hauraki, Hayne and Cordoba and people will still find some way to complain on these forums

James_Hardie

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Oh damn...Look forward to our forwards being dirty...

Why would our forwards be dirty under the direction of Craig Smith? He is as clean a prop as has ever played the game.

He got in trouble for his knee lifting, but that was about technique, not to do with him being dirty.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Look forward to our forwards lifting the knees. :lol:

Fairleigh isnt a bad signing, I keep hearing Farrar is coming to our club, maybe PL coach.

Anyone know whats happening with Matt Cameron and Craig Culnane.

As much as I like a change, its back to a rebuilding stage that may take 1-2 years to get back on top. :(

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Craig Smith might be able to have a very positive influence on some of the younger props like Tsoulos, Cordoba, Hauraki and Oake. Cannings could learn a fair bit too.

ps. anyone know who our current forwards coach is? or if we even have one?

roopy

Referee
Rip Taylor is about 60 years old and is a legend in country football.
He has won titles in 3 different country divisions, many times over.
If you go into the Wyong Roos club you will see several photos of Rip around the place holding up trophies - and he won several titles in the Newcastle comp with Lakes United.
He was coach of the country cockatoos several times when they used to play city - and he has also coached australian junior sides.

He has coached the Knights Flegg team for three seasons (including this one) and has really turned them into what you would expect a Taylor coached team to be - tough as nails.

The Taylor style is to basically dominate in the forwards - and he won't stand forwards who take a backward step. He gets them to have pride in 'owning' the centre of the field - and doesn't care too much about penalty counts to achieve the front foot. in one of the earlier posts someone said you can look forward to 'dirty' forwards now - more like totally uncompromising forwards i would say.