What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL Grand Final

The Nulla #2

Bench
SirShire said:
Unfortunately for him, he's gone to all the home games this year but can't make it to the big one as he and my mum and going on holidays. Looks like I could end up going in the colours for him...

So your wearing a jets jersey to sunday northies?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mellars could be a good chance to come over. He won't get a first grade spot at the roosters- they have bought John Williams (Parra) to replace Cross with Monahan playing centre.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The money i hesitated putting on a raper coached Sharks throughout the year will be well spent on the Jets!

At $3.50 its the bet of the day!

Parra struggled in their win;-)

Manfred Moore

Juniors
The 25 year reunion of the 81 grand final was celebrated a few weeks ago. It was a major excuse to get on the KB's but it showed the passion that many of these ol diehards have for the club and that particular grand final.

Unfortunately it still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth...

f**king brett kenny...:(

However ironically in what is the clubs biggest game since their exclusion from the comp in 83, the jets will once again be taking on parramatta in a grand final.

Premier league it may be...but a big day is planned and for those not going out to the game it'll be great to see the old royal blue live on Tv again!

Quigs

Immortal
bluebag43 said:
You guys are welcome to join the Newtown Confederate Army in Bay 140 if your going out to the game.

Dammm Yankees ... go the bluebags.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

greg

Juniors
Premier league it may be...but a big day is planned and for those not going out to the game it'll be great to see the old royal blue live on Tv again![/quote]

Spot on Manfred. The TV coverage will be a good history lesson on our great game for the younger viewers. Should be compulsory viewing for all post 1983 league fans.
Hey Quigs, any photos of a young Poppa Clay in his bluebag attire prior to also being poached by the dragons?

Jeffles

Bench
gunnamatta bay said:
On the Sunday roast Mark Geyer said he will be calling the Newtown v Parra PL GF and is hoping to have Tommy Ridiculous beside him.

I'm glad I'll be at the game then. :lol::lol::lol:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Newtown's selection policy is up the sh**!

Bringing in JF players over blokes that hav been there all year! Loyalty straight down the dunny!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Huh?
Team looks pretty good.
For a sharks point of view, everybody will get to see Doom run around in a GF. he is picked at Lock.
Lafi Manua is interchange prop.
Vince Mellars is in the centres.
keep an eye on the Paea briothers in the 2nd row. They will destroy the Eels. They go well. Endeavour high lads & their brother has been picked up by the Titans. They seem to stick together. Destroyed oour PL GF team a few years ago. Sorry, Flegg team that brown played in?
Also Glen Hall is still going well up at prop.
i reckon we will land Soward this coming year or next. So watch him too.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
Huh?
Team looks pretty good.
For a sharks point of view, everybody will get to see Doom run around in a GF. he is picked at Lock.
Lafi Manua is interchange prop.
Vince Mellars is in the centres.
keep an eye on the Paea briothers in the 2nd row. They will destroy the Eels. They go well. Endeavour high lads & their brother has been picked up by the Titans. They seem to stick together. Destroyed oour PL GF team a few years ago. Sorry, Flegg team that brown played in?
Also Glen Hall is still going well up at prop.
i reckon we will land Soward this coming year or next. So watch him too.

I'm talking about a mate of mine who played 3/4's of the year for them at fullback/centre/wing starting the year in Jim Beam Cup. He unfortunately missed the JB Cup GF cause the PL team needed him only to be dropped THIS WEEK for a flegg player! I Dont rate that mate!

I'm looking forward to this game immensely.
The '81 GF was the first one i ever attended, cracker of a game.
I've been to about 5 Newtown games this year and they are a good side.
Won't be able to get out there this weekend but the BBQ taking place is only 100m from Henson.

"JETS! .........whooooaawhoooaa.........JETS!"

:lol:

Latest posts