What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PL Grand Final

Quigs

Immortal
well I know ... now I am not one of those new age sensitive guys.... I am an old fashioned knock around type of a bloke, but I will admit it in here amongst friends.

As the year progressed as it did, George Roper reduced me to tears. Then it went from tears, to tears of laughter. I look back and laugh now.

When it comes to rugby league super coaches, Our George was certainly a

come ah, come ah, come ah, come a cameleon......

If I listen to your lies would you say
I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction
You come and go
You come and go

Karma Karma Karma Karma
Karma Chameleon
You come and go
YOu come and go

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Frenzy. said:
Quigs, are you part of the brethren from The Church Of The Poisoned Mind?

:)

Mate.... How the f**k did you know that??

Ive been carting around the collection box for zonks. Its been me designated job. They wanted me to light the candles, but hey, I was warned. ( wink wink )

Trouble is all the members of the congregation of the Church of the The Poisoned Mind are tight arse bastards.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
See you think I just talk sh!t.

Just got back from the morning swing at the Church of the Poisoned Mind.

8.30am Sunday Morning.

Two bloody dollars and 62cents is all I could swindle from the tight arse mongrels. Couldn't even buy a bloody loaf of bread for that.

Hey does Simmo's crew throw the money around, I might have to jump ship.

Cheers
Declared idiot #88
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
Josh Lewis was definately best on park IMO.

Soward was very average. The paea brothers and Dumas were solid as well.

Heartbreaking for the Bluebags but they can hold their heads high.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
PL was a fantastic game. Lewis was outstanding ass was the parra player remember his name tomoz. In everything.
Doom went well.
soward too, but he cant kick.
Bags lost in extra time. tokk a shot on tackle 2 , threw it 20 metres back to lewis from 40 out.
should have takentthe kick from 20.

spider

Coach
Soward was very, very ordinary.

I thought half backs had a kicking game and could direct and organise a side around the park.

And im referring to the topic here.

Quigs said:
Mate.... How the f**k did you know that??

Ive been carting around the collection box for zonks. Its been me designated job. They wanted me to light the candles, but hey, I was warned. ( wink wink )

Trouble is all the members of the congregation of the Church of the The Poisoned Mind are tight arse bastards.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I somehow doubt that Quigs. :lol:

beekershark

Bench
Soward was f*cked, I seriously hope that any talk of him coming to the sharks is just thrown out in the wash now.

not just his poor kicking game, but the total lack of direction, poise under pressure, and guidance he gave his team at the pressure end of a GF proves that he is not up to standard as a halfback.

cheese

Bench
Fairs Fair though

In the elite flegg competition he single handedly stood up and beat cronulla in the final. A player that cant handle pressure doesnt spin out of a tackle and kick a 45 metre field goal by fluke.

He did play farked though ...but I wouldnt write him off from one poor performance. I reckon he's just down on confidence after a year of being left out of the loop.

spider

Coach
I was screaming for the Bluebags yesterday - some Eels lady was going to stab me with her flag - and she was bigger than me. But thats not hard, as i said, a snake has bigger shoulders than me.

Thats why females should stay away from growth hormone's.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
PL was a fantastic game. Lewis was outstanding ass was the parra player remember his name tomoz. In everything.
Doom went well.
soward too, but he cant kick.
Bags lost in extra time. tokk a shot on tackle 2 , threw it 20 metres back to lewis from 40 out.
should have takentthe kick from 20.

Wasn't Feliti Mateo was it reef? He was outstanding.

Wasn't impressed with Sowards game. Both his kicking and his running were ordinary. Played like he was injured. I've seen better from him in both Flegg and the NRL.

Lewis was good but took too many wrong options in the extra time for me. Understandable to an extent but needs to learn patience.

I thought Flegg was the best GF on the day to be honest. Lot's of standout kids. The King of Woy Woy, Akuila Uate was sensashe. Kid called Liam Campbell for Penrith has the look. Jennings, the other centre, was flashier but this Campbell didn't miss a trick. Penrith also had a big young snorkel, SG Ball player, at prop. Tim Grant - good worker for such a giant.

beekershark

Bench
cheese said:
Fairs Fair though

In the elite flegg competition he single handedly stood up and beat cronulla in the final. A player that cant handle pressure doesnt spin out of a tackle and kick a 45 metre field goal by fluke.

He did play farked though ...but I wouldnt write him off from one poor performance. I reckon he's just down on confidence after a year of being left out of the loop.

Totally cheese, we said it many times in the second half of the Jets Parra GF, we were barracking for the jets, and every soward touch, anbd ensuing break down of play we'd say " I cannot believe this kid won the GF against the sharkies flegg with his boot" !

It was just another chapter of our luck as a club mate, his one good game in the past 5 years and it won a GF against us.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
thats him Frenz, Mateo.
excellent game.
I thought sowards game was pretty good. Field goal attempts were awful.
I thought he took a back seat to lewis myself because Lewis was on fire. I like that in a player.

spider

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Wasn't impressed with Sowards game. Both his kicking and his running were ordinary.

It was worse watching him live - seeing him try to get in at dummy half, then not be in position when the rake was already there. It was terrible more so for the stuff not seen on TV.

Latest posts