What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

C

CanadianSteve

"Well my question to you is: How is it obviously a fake? Based on what?" Based on common sense.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey Steve... I have to ask now... base on what version of common sense?
Is is that all UFO sightings are fake?
Or is it that ETs simply can't exist for reasons of your own?

I agree that in all liklihood it is probably a fake but to say it is obviously a fake based on 'common sense' isnt really answering the question.

Surely, you canhave common sense and still have anopen mind.

Ryback

Juniors
Canadian Steve, first you say (or imply may be a more appropriate term)that you cannot make out a clear and decisive vidoe clip, than you claim that it is evidently (or <u>obviously </u>the term you prefer)a fake. Correct?
And now you claim that your assumption is based on common sense.
You're digging a hole further for yourself mate. Why don't you come out and just say your initial comments may have been a tad overboard.
I find it difficult to comprehend that you can possibly possess common sense following your most recent reply. At the very least, on this issue at hand.
Oh, and just for arguements sake, I also havesome doubts to the credibility of the clip (though I have expressed my uneducated and unprofessional opinion earlier in this peice to the contrary), but I certainly wouldn't be silly enough to express it in the manner in which you addressed it mate....especially based on your lack of 'evidence.'
Good post Willow.

Based on common sense.
LOL Steve! That's one of the funniest things I've ever read on these pages.
What are you choofing on mate? Pass it around buddy... we're all mates here.
ROTFLMFAO!
Raging Bulldog

E

Edwahu

Im with Steve on this one. Common sense should tell you that a object like the one in the video couldnt fly around like it does, leaving huge vapour trails and making huge noises, over one of the busiest and most populated citys in the world, without thousands of people noticing.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
This has NOT A THING to do with common sense. It's about PERSONAL opinions!
Don't insult anyones intelligence Steve by claiming it's a matter of common sense. That's nothing more than your opinion, and now I see another has joined you. You're only making yourself look the jackass. Both of you.
Take the clip for what it is mate. A chance to come to your own conclusion. Don't play with other people's intelligence. They haven't insulted yours.
:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"leaving huge vapour trails and making huge noises, over one of the busiest and most populated citys in the world, without thousands of people noticing."
Well in all fairness, it isa busy, noisy and smoky mega-city and a lot of things get missed. I agree that it's doesnt sound right but who's to know?

"that a object like the one in the video couldnt fly around like it does..."
Theproblem is Steve couldnt see it very well. Hey, I reckon people are only curious as to how we can call it a fake without getting a good look at it.
I've already said its hard to believe... it probablyis a fake.

...but to dismiss it out of hand without explanation and have a go at others for even discussing it is a bit harsh, imo.

Steve: I have my suspicions as to why you're so sure... I don't think it has anything to do with the video.

C

CanadianSteve

Edwahu pretty much sums up my view of this topic. Funny how this sighting was not reported by thousands of New Yorkers, as he says, nor on any credible media outlets. But it does appear on some obscure website that seems to specialize in UFO sightings and conspiracy theories.
But, hey, anyone is free to believe it was a real video if they want. Maybe the space aliens were in cahoots with the terrorists, scouting out the twin towers for them before the attacks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"But, hey, anyone is free to believe it was a real video if they want. Maybe the space aliens were in cahoots with the terrorists, scouting out the twin towers for them before the attacks."

Thats exactly what everyone is thinking Steve.. amazing perception you got there... too clever for me. :(

L

legend

I'll side with Steve and Ed on this one and say that although it looks fairly real to the novice sceptic such as myself, Steve's points about coincidence and credibility do stand up to scrutinyIMHO.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Legend: I think people tend agree with that but it appears the issue has moved on a little since then with the old chestnut of right to opinion being opened up. IMO, Steve has momentarily fallen into the trap of forgetting that.

E

Edwahu

I dont mean to insult anyones intelligence. You can all come to your own conclusions. Everyone can express whatever opinion they want, valid or otherwise.

Im downloading what should be a higher res version from Kazzaa as we speak. Incidentally the filecomments say that the video is now known to be a hoax.
The craft actually flys towards the copter and right up to its window, which I cant say I picked up in the original video.

The video was sent into the Scf-fi channel (who I believe also brought us "Alien Autopsy") as part of the "Sci-fi Happens" promotion, in which the public is asked to send in tapes of these sort of things. There are dozens of these types of videos and some are frankly laughable.

imported_bronco

Juniors
The video is so damn small how can anyone come to a conclusion on what it actually is? I could barely see it and if you go fullscreen its too pixilated to distinguish anything.
It is easily done though with the advancements we've seen in special effects and we are talking about one of the biggest cities in the world here and two buildings which pretty much had thousands of eyes on them 24/7. I think its a fake but too often people only need to hear the word UFO to write something off. To believe we are the only ones out there in this huge galaxy is a bit of wishful thinking.

C

CanadianSteve

"Thats exactly what everyone is thinking Steve."
"Steve: I have my suspicions as to why you're so sure... I don't think it has anything to do with the video"
I'll bite, Willow. Tell me what I'm thinking, why I'm so sure.
I'm glad to see from posts 813 and 814 that it is ok to consider this a hoax.
And if I receive many more criticisms I'm going to quit this forum and delete every post I've ever made.

El Duque

Bench
If you had footage of a UFO flying around New york would you

a)Sell it to a TV network

or

b)give it to some pissant wbsite

I know what I'd do if it was fair dinkum.I'd say it's bullshit and belongs with the Bible in the rubbish.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Canadian Steve: "I'll bite, Willow. Tell me what I'm thinking, why I'm so sure."
If I knew what you were thinking I wouldnt have tried to put it to discussion. I simply thought that you were just trying to put people down for having an opinion. I can live with that. But given that benefit of the doubt is important, I was curious to see if you could elaborate.

"I'm glad to see from posts 813 and 814 that it is ok to consider this a hoax."
I consider it a hoax as well. But others are entitled to discuss it.

"And if I receive many more criticisms I'm going to quit this forum and delete every post I've ever made."
Huh? :(

L

legend

Come on CanadianSteve, those last words were a little harsh don't you think. I enjoy reading your posts and I would hope it would take a lot more than what I have read so far on this threadfor you to pack your bags and call it a day.

I'm not begging you to stay as I don't beg anyone to stay especially if they threaten to pull the pin but I can guarantee you will regret deleting all your posts in a moment of frustration five minutes after you do it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Steve: I'm still trying to work out ifyou're fair dinkum or not. If your're serious then its quite out of character.
In any case mate, as much as you're welcomed to keep up the contributions, we can't guarantee that no one will criticise you... andthe fact is,no one should have to worry about it. So I guess it when it happens, it's up to you.

C

CanadianSteve

I was just joking about quitting. I don't think my droll sense of humour comes across so well in writing.:)

Latest posts