What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Played the final version

Orsunfen

Juniors
Hey guys, i know this is my first post but i have been viewing this forum for about 3 months!, and today it finally happend i played what i was told was the final version at Gamesmen penshurst and i must say it was FREAKING EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!! could not find a single complaint, i did ask how they came to have the xbox version and was told it was sent to them to demo at the store and let people play. I know there has been minor complaints about such thing as left footed kickers, ect,ect but those irrelevant things dont even come into mind after choosing your childhood team watching them walk onto the ground you have been to countless times and then smashing, bashing and destroying any team you choose at any time............Heaven!

Bunny Boy

Juniors
drool.gif

Rustay

Juniors
Sounds great.

I wish i could just sleep until the day the game comes out so therefore the time will go quickly. Plus i like sleep and it is better than working everyday :D

nz_kid

Juniors
Orsunfen said:
Hey guys, i know this is my first post but i have been viewing this forum for about 3 months!, and today it finally happend i played what i was told was the final version at Gamesmen penshurst and i must say it was FREAKING EXCEPTIONAL!!!!!!! could not find a single complaint, i did ask how they came to have the xbox version and was told it was sent to them to demo at the store and let people play. I know there has been minor complaints about such thing as left footed kickers, ect,ect but those irrelevant things dont even come into mind after choosing your childhood team watching them walk onto the ground you have been to countless times and then smashing, bashing and destroying any team you choose at any time............Heaven!

Since you have played the final version i will ask you a question.Do you know the camera angles is it far away from the action when controlling a player or is the camera right up in the action when u are controlling a player.I hope you know what i mean. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks

Orsunfen

Juniors
I was told it was the final version!, I only played the one angle which was from behind, most of the play was from far away unless there was a big two man tackle or scrums and try replays! feels like im trying to justify that i played the game today, for anyone not believing me all you have to do is ring the Gamesmen at penshurst!!!!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah sounds great i'd be stoked if i played it already but in a way i think it would spoil it playing it at a shop, i can't wait to play it at home!

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
can u choose any team to play with. if thats the case i might pop into the gamesmen in the morning its only a couple of streets away, i will give the game a whirl.

Orsunfen

Juniors
Yeah i know what your talking about mate but i couldnt resist, i was working 2 streets down from the store all week and the frustration of 7yrs got the better of me!!!, not dissapointed though and like everyone else cant wait to get the game home!

Orsunfen

Juniors
Any team any stadium any conditions, thats what makes me think the shop assistant wasnt lying, if you live that close theres no harm stopping in for a look.

PONGIA

Juniors
i played it 2 and i have 2 say before i played it i thought "would this spoil it" cuz i always imagined getting the game and on the trip home reading the manual as my mouth waters... but i must say if anything the only word that can be used 2 describe the experience is tease... Thank god its close and thank god i got Manhunt 2 tire me over before it comes out

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
i know the young guy that works there he comes into my work for a coffee often he sed he would let myself and my boss have first copies. do the stores have the game a couple of days before they release it or what.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
it would depend where u live....i think most companys would get it a 1 or 2 days before release, if they did and u preordered that also means that u can pick it up a couple days before release ;-) (well thats wat eb told me neway)

saints4ever

First Grade
i live in blakehurst, ive been to penshurst a couple of times, wheres the gamesmen store? ive never seen it! lol how frustrating it is! plz can someone tell me so i can give the game a whirl?

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
depends which way your coming from

its on forest road , if ur coming from hurzy, its not far after penshurst girls high its on the left amongs a little group of shop including dominos and a bottle o.

its also across the road from 7 eleven

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
i went and played it today.

hope it is bette ron ps2 coz it was a shocker on xbox.

the controls are so hard to use.

i couldnt change player properly or tackle

coz the buttons are apart and u have to change fibngers etc to tackle.

got knocked up by saints 32-0

the closes i got was when they threw a forward pass 10metres out but still i couldnt score.

the graphics and commentry are good and all but geez the controls on that xbox are shocking.

please be better on ps2!

Maccas

Juniors
I played it on the xbox, im used to the controls and found it pretty easy. Then again, im used to them so its all good. I ended up winning a game 22-0 so its all good 8)

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
see thats where im probably lost, i have never played an xbox before in my life so things were all too strange for me

Latest posts