What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player comments - need a rebuild

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I believe that Lomax will become a utility player
capable of playing centre, fullback or lock. He is still only 20 but will gain confidence if he is allowed to settle in one position for a while. I remember that Ken Maddison moved from centre to second row, Brad Mackay moved from centre to lock and Ben Creagh moved from wing to back row.

TruSaint

Referee
Hadley is a complete farkwit I actually thought there might be something to the JDB situation until now but McInnes would have more credibility in his little finger to that raving lunatic

Both can be true.
Hadley is a f..wit, and what he says is true.
Cam has been sent out by the gutless Club to dispel these rumours. Why wont the CEO / Chairman aim up and say it aint so ?
I couldn't imagine the Cooks / Melbourne Boards copping such innuendo of a serious nature without a reply.

possm

Coach
It’s clear we need a rebuild

Forwards

Frizell is leaving
Graham wishes he didn’t exercise his option
Vaughan will leave as soon as he can
Lawrie is barely worthy of a bench spot
Host will go given the lack of game time
Korbin Sims has the mental scare of injury
JDB is done after such a long layoff

Backs

Norman should be shown the door
Lafai is finished
Aitken is ordinary
Pereira tried hard but is not good enough
Rava is ordinary compared to most Fijian wingers
Williame is ordinary
Dufty is too inconsistent
Lomax lacks the speed needed at centre

Seems we have plenty of money to spend and zero ability to attract quality players without paying massive overs

We need a coach capable of attracting and developing talent

thankfully I know that tomorrow the sun will rise again
Why do we have sooooo many rubbish players when Millward is doing such a fine job. Both Mary and Millward are to blame for the on-field mess and the Board to blame for hiring both of them in the first place.

History has shown that Mary does not have the last say on recruitment/retention. It was Millward that sent Dugan packing and left Packer hanging. This was against Mary's wishes. At the same time Millward extended Aitken and Lafai long term when their form only warrented a short term extension if at all.

Millward jumped to the microphone and claimed the great signings of Ravalawa and a couple of other outside backs who have since left the Club. I say both Mary and Millward are not up to the job and the results on the field and the qualtiy of our roster bare out this statement.

Time for a clean-out.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I believe that Lomax will become a utility player
capable of playing centre, fullback or lock. He is still only 20 but will gain confidence if he is allowed to settle in one position for a while. I remember that Ken Maddison moved from centre to second row, Brad Mackay moved from centre to lock and Ben Creagh moved from wing to back row.
With such a dumb coach at the Dragons right now, it would be much safer to leave Lomax at right centre; especially given we Suli is no longer coming to the Club and Ramsey looks to be the the next fullback.

When I see Robson, Herbert and Garrack performing so well, I find it hard to understand why the decision to let them go was made. Right now we could do a lot worse than have Garrack on our left wing, Herbert at left centre and Robson at hooker with McInnes at lock.

We have two fools, Mary and Millward in charge and both haven't got a clue how to do their job propertly.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We have bought some poor wingers in Matautia, Mac Donald, Maranta, Nabuli, Pearson, Pereira, Ravalawa, etc. when we should have kept Carr,Garrick, Herbert and Marsters. The failed list of wingers is endless.

BLM01

First Grade
And for those here who refuse to understand, for the 76th time, Herbert was off contract and told the club during his last season that he and his partner wanted to move to NZ to start a family. The club did not release him, fmd
And he aint that good..see his game against the Panthers.

BLM01

First Grade
We should have kept B Morris and enticed J Morris to join him at the Dragons. These two are still playing top football at the Roosters.
Now your talkin Possm...but I think we tried a few years ago and they stuck the middle finger up at the club.
But when BMOZ management contacted the Dragons at the end of 2018 and said he was available...he was too old..too slow..cant tackle.....shame really

BLM01

First Grade
We have bought some poor wingers in Matautia, Mac Donald, Maranta, Nabuli, Pearson, Pereira, Ravalawa, etc. when we should have kept Carr,Garrick, Herbert and Marsters. The failed list of wingers is endless.
Where is Marsters now..and Herbert..please
Garrick....yeh i will say he goes alright now

BLM01

First Grade
Why do we have sooooo many rubbish players when Millward is doing such a fine job. Both Mary and Millward are to blame for the on-field mess and the Board to blame for hiring both of them in the first place.

History has shown that Mary does not have the last say on recruitment/retention. It was Millward that sent Dugan packing and left Packer hanging. This was against Mary's wishes. At the same time Millward extended Aitken and Lafai long term when their form only warrented a short term extension if at all.

Millward jumped to the microphone and claimed the great signings of Ravalawa and a couple of other outside backs who have since left the Club. I say both Mary and Millward are not up to the job and the results on the field and the qualtiy of our roster bare out this statement.

Time for a clean-out.
Least you are now acknowledging Mary has some part in all this..baby steps Possm..well done

denis preston

First Grade
This year is a clusterf**k and i now hold on to these hopes for the rest of it:

* Coach goes and experienced coach & staff appointed for 2021
* We don't win the wooden spoon.
* Interim coach adopts a youth policy to give these players NRL experience to see if worthwhile resigning.
* Real change at Board level with perhaps NRL involvement to make sure.
* Interim coach to let players play whats in front of them offloads , chip kicks etc .Play for fun
* Players that won't be there next year on the bench but players not putting in before them , no matter who they are.

I can dream can't i ?

possm

Coach
Least you are now acknowledging Mary has some part in all this..baby steps Possm..well done
And I'm still refuting the idea that Millward is doing a good job and shares no blame for the mess we are in. Just look at our roster.

To me, the lame exuse for creating Millward's job is now shown how it was just a job for the boys exercise. It has not improved the situation and in fact has made it worse because now nobody is taking ownership for the poor management of recruiting/retention and pathways.

When Bennett was with us these duties were within the responsibility of the head coach. With Mary, it was all too hard so the opportunity was created for another old boys son to be given a plumb job.

You only have to look at the make-up of key positions within SGI to see how far the Illawarra cancer has spread.
Chairman of the Board - Gordon - Illawarra
CEO - Independent
Head Coach - Mary - Illawarra
Recruitment/Retention/Pathways Director - Millward - Illawarra

BLM01

First Grade
And I'm still refuting the idea that Millward is doing a good job and shares no blame for the mess we are in. Just look at our roster.

To me, the lame exuse for creating Millward's job is now shown how it was just a job for the boys exercise. It has not improved the situation and in fact has made it worse because now nobody is taking ownership for the poor management of recruiting/retention and pathways.

When Bennett was with us these duties were within the responsibility of the head coach. With Mary, it was all too hard so the opportunity was created for another old boys son to be given a plumb job.

You only have to look at the make-up of key positions within SGI to see how far the Illawarra cancer has spread.
CEO - Independent
And just when we were getting closer to the facts ;)
You go and spoil it about pathways and kicking into Millward
Not saying he is the best person that we could possibly have nor the ease i agree he was appointed in roles like others in the club...job for the boys I agree
However having said all that Millward is doing an OK job with hands tied..you keep forgetting he cant change the non- or unattarctiveness of our club and 1st grade.
We had a better roster in 2018 thtat we had done for 5-6 years..and now the 1st grade coach and BOD is letting all that fall apart at the seams
Pathways have been created we have some great up and comers....
the road block is not Millward it is the 1st gradfe training . coaching

getsmarty

Immortal

CEO - Independent

Latest posts