What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player contracts

COACH STERLING

Juniors
We need to buy HALVES and HOOKERS.
HALVES, HOOKERS, HALVES, HOOKERS, HALVES, HOOKERS, HALVES, HOOKERS.
Nothing else but HALVES and HOOKERS. OK, Once more folks - HALVES AND HOOKERS.
But I'm sure DA is fully aware that we need HALVES and HOOKERS ...right :crazy:

Noa

First Grade
Jeez Sika Manu played well again today. He is such a good player. I would really love for us to have a good crack at him when he comes off contract at the end of 2010. He is the perfect player to compliment Fui Fui and J Poore.

You can look but you cant touch :).

He's a good player though aye.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Hayne will stay, he will get an upgrade and he deserves it. Inu will not re-sign and take a pay cut, if anything his management will be asking for more.

TheRam

Coach
Well tell them they're dreamin. No way will anyone in Oz at least pay over 200-250 for a finisher who has not got the ability to do something on his own or the power to break tackles. His greatest asset is his footwork and finishing ability. Therefore he is really just a winger that has had one good season, now one and a half seasons ago.

If anyone is willing to pay 2 or 3 times his current salary, which we all believe is quite hefty anyway, then they can have him. But honestly if his manager is seriously going to ask for more, which in my mind he should be embarrassed at what Inu has been producing thus far, then he is just a joke. But I can't see him getting more then what he is on now.

As much as I am disappointed in Inu though, I feel it is more the teams overall predicament then Inu not having a go. For starters we have now seen enough of him to know that he is more of a winger then a centre, and adding to that not having the talent in the halves has been a real problem for him as has been for the entire team.

ElectricEel

Juniors
it'll be interesting to see DA shapes up the 2011 roster, which currently looks very bare atm..

Nathan Hindmarsh
Justin Poore
Shane Shackleton
Ben Smith
Joel Reddy
Matt Keating

are the only players that make up the fulltime squad atm....certainly plenty of money available.

Im a big fan of Reddy. IMO he is probably our most underrated player. He is solid and reliable in defence, and is exciting in broken field play.

ElectricEel

Juniors
i cant see Fui going anywhere else really, hes kind of like Hindy and Burty loves the jersey hes playing for!!! and u can see it in his performances especially lately.

i think hayne will look for bigger money though but i hope he doesnt sign with another club.

Hopefully Haynes mum will get in his ear again and tell him he has to stay, like she did a couple years ago. :D

Pazza

First Grade
Yeah. But I doubt we'll get Wing.

maybe not wing but someone!

with the addition of Poore & shacks, with the development of Mannah and blooding of Horo, we have no doubt fixed the problems in the forwards. Our back have plenty of fire power with Hayne, Burt, Reddy and Grothe.

I have no doubting the ability of KK and Mateo, plus Morts and kinga have shown great potential i just think these guys need a leader, like a Orford or a Barrett. Just a guy with experience that can guide them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
:lol: argh yes, another Hagan masterstroke, sign the guy to a 4 year deal after a f**king knee reconstruction or whatever it was before other clubs pounce:lol: and just to make sure he isn't swooped upon, sign him to a 4 year deal:lol:
And he hasn't lost any of his blistering speed and acceleration,,,,,,,,,

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I hope INU doesn't turn into David Vaeliki

atleast Vaeliki could play centre from the start, injury stuffed him, Inu's problem is he's a first grade centre.

I find it funny how people are still persisting with Inu at centre after 2 years of absolute nothing, yet, the same people critizized and hung out Jarryd Hayne to dry in his 3 appearances at 5/8....where funnily enough he still played better in that more foreign position then anything Inu has done in first grade at centre, but hey, he's worth it, i mean? he's a nice guy...doesn't drink..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And he hasn't lost any of his blistering speed and acceleration,,,,,,,,,

tbf i though Ben was great in 2005, then injuries came and straight away i though i'd pay some extra attention to him, he has just gotten worse and worse, he has no lateral speed, and this myth about being the best defensive centre in the league sh*t? f**k me!! some of the softest trys over the past 2 years that i've seen was were Smith was defending, 4 more years.....

thesloth96

Juniors
I wouldn't be suprised if we do get Wing. But I would want him for cheap considering how injury ravaged he is.

Latest posts