What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Time to start up the player movements thread again.

Post all player movements within the Qld Cup clubs here.

Here's a start:

Retired: Jason Campbell (Redcliffe), Scott Thorburn (Easts), Graham Cotter (Easts), Graham Mackay (Ipswich), Jason Keough (Wynnum), Lance Cronk (Wynnum), Grant Benson (Wynnum), Darren Ireland (Wynnum), Glenn Polson (Wynnum), Craig Kimmorley (Central)

Dimitri Pelo (Burleigh) is off to Cronulla and Aaron Barba (Redcliffe) is off to Penrith.

Grant Wooden (Manly) has signed up for Wynnum.

I believe Brian Jellick is going to play in France fulltime.
John Manning from Norths has retired.

And a former Dolphin could be coming out of retirement and no before you ask Stew it's not Wayne Miller, thankfully.

I see Darren Smith will play for Easts next season in the Qld Cup and have an off field role in development and marketing. He will trying to get the local community behind the Tigers

zulu

Juniors
Big Cam Cherry said:
I see Darren Smith will play for Easts next season in the Qld Cup and have an off field role in development and marketing. He will trying to get the local community behind the Tigers

If so that is great news for Easts and the QLD Cup. That means he will make a return to the club he left 14 years ago. Must be a record.

More top players should be doing this. zu.

mud n blood

Juniors
With Smith playing for the sh!t-eaters, I hope Treleaven pulls on the boots for the panthers just for the game against them .... :lol:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
zulu said:
[
If so that is great news for Easts and the QLD Cup. That means he will make a return to the club he left 14 years ago. Must be a record.

More top players should be doing this. zu.

I think Artie's 16 year gap at Redcliffe between 1965 and 1981 would be the record.

Wynnum is one of the clubs he is talking to and I believe Easts and Norths are two of the other clubs. But I don't think it helped their cause when they cited him in the semi final at Ipswich.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It may be wishful thinking and I know Redcliffe always buy astutely to plug gaps, but you would think they would feel the effect next year of losing Barba and Tronc.

One of them scored 33 tries this season - a lot of them with pace that few other players have. The other was Redcliffe Player-of-the-Year and a top performer in all the Rep games.

It will be hard for them to replace Barba's pace and Tronc's size. Not saying they won't be hard to beat as usual.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
No doubt - but there simply aren't a lot of blokes about as fast as Barba or as big as Tronc.

They were a big influence in the big games this year.

Latest posts