What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

They most definately will be hard spots to fill.
I think Joel Barnes will get first shot at Araon Barba's spot. I'd like to see Barnes vs Barba in a race I reckon Barnes could just about get him. Although I think Barba is more elusive on his feet.

The Cowboys are also sending the guys who don't make the Young Guns down to play for the Comets.

I'm not sure how that will work because there has been a rule that you can't play for two Qld Cup sides in the same season but that may have changed late into this season from memory.

Reports from the QRL forum that David Seage could be headed to a NRL club in 2004. One post suggests Newcastle could be the team and another says the Dragons.

I think Jason Wrigley is going to Penrith, which would be a good reward for a great season.

Also maybe Mark Leafa could head back to Sydney on his form in 2003.

Darren Smith will become the second ex-Kangaroo to play in the Q Cup full time (not including Meyers) after G Mackay. That's pretty good for the game and great for Easts.

zulu

Juniors
The Ear on Monday said that Darren Smith wont be the only high profile player to join an QLD Cup team for next year.

Any names?
zu.

Oh I forgot, Trent Young is going to Canberra too. He had a good year too. The funny thing about it is if he hadn't come to the Tigers this year he might not have picked up a Raiders contract even though Souths are their affiliate. Easts may soon add more players to the NRL if these guys make it, that would be in addition to Wilshere (off the Warrington next year), Booger and Bickerstaff. Not bad for a club that hasn't had the success or the strong affiliation of say Redcliffe.

Seage is going to the Knights he signed Friday I think.

I think you sound like one of the guys from the QRL forum ECT if you think Trent Young is going to Raiders.

I think the other NRL clubs sign more Redcliffe players than the Roosters

Harko

Juniors
Up the mighty Phins said:
Ashley Alberts was allowed to play for the Clydesdales after starting the season with the Comets.

So, I guess so.

It's up to the first club I think because once we ok'ed Ashley's moves the QRL had no problems with letting him.

Harko

Juniors
Young Gun Simon Phillips is set to sign with Wynnum-Manly!

Also Clint Rothery from Tweed has signed with the Comets as well as former Wynnum player and brother Wade Rothery.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Harko said:

Also Clint Rothery from Tweed has signed with the Comets as well as former Wynnum player and brother Wade Rothery.

Stretching it a bit to call Wade Rothery a Wynnum player - he might have signed but he never played !

Harko

Juniors
XXXX Cap said:
Harko said:

Stretching it a bit to call Wade Rothery a Wynnum player - he might have signed but he never played !

Yeah I was thinking that, did he ever play for them? What are his previous clubs?

Also I read someone calling it Wynnum-Manly, it's not is it? My apologies if it isn't.

zulu

Juniors
Harko said:
XXXX Cap said:
Harko said:

Yeah I was thinking that, did he ever play for them? What are his previous clubs?

Also I read someone calling it Wynnum-Manly, it's not is it? My apologies if it isn't.

I was caught out with that one too. It just went right over my head.

I still say Wynnum-Manly. Hard habit to break!!

P cetera or zu.

I think Clint Amos was picked in one of the rep sides last year from memory. I'm not sure if it was Brisbane or the Qld Residents side that played QAS.

Is he heading up your way Harko

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Seage gone Phillips In. I think we lost a great fullback and gained an ok winger. Its not backs that Wynnum need. Its forwards. I mean whos gonna replace Monkey Maher and Mohammed Allouche when they retire. Chris Anderson is past it. There is the Durnford twins but I think Wynnum is wasting there time buying backs.