What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player scenarios

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All guess work but there are a few possibilities.
Baz. More likely to retire now. So we need to buy a 5/8
Snowy. We wont be able to afford to keep him. it will be a $ shootout for his signature. Mid next year
Toops. Off contract end next year so will sign somewhere else mid next season.
Kelly. off contract next year.
Pomm. Will prob move on after this year.

We are going to be really struggling in the player market with an untried rookie coach.

Hughesy215

Juniors
Surely flanno has built some relationships with the players over the years he was with Ricky and toops at the roosters wasn't he? Plus his time at SOO would have seen opportunities to build relationships with top line players. I agree it'll be hard but I can't see it being impossible I think we may be ok. We owe a lot to Ricky especially for financially saving our club by walking rather than going through a public and damaging sacking!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
. We owe a lot to Ricky especially for financially saving our club by walking rather than going through a public and damaging sacking!

Ricky would never have been sacked & he hasn't resigned over on field results or poor results. If we were coming first, he would have still resigned.

Feej

First Grade
But Reefy, I thought he was just about to sign an extension to his current contract?

webShark

Snowy. We wont be able to afford to keep him. it will be a $ shootout for his signature. Mid next year

We are going to be really struggling in the player market with an untried rookie coach.

Baz. More likely to retire now. So we need to buy a 5/8 - Agreed
Snowy. We wont be able to afford to keep him. it will be a $ shootout for his signature. Mid next year - Bad news
Toops. Off contract end next year so will sign somewhere else mid next season. - good ,free up some cash
Kelly. off contract next year. - good done jack so far
Pomm. Will prob move on after this year. - to NSW/QLD cup or UK?

We are going to be really struggling in the player market with an untried rookie coach (Flanagan or Brown?) - Not if we find cash from somewhere.

RUBIKS

Juniors

I agree with most of it.

Hope we will be able to hang on to Snowy.

I'm pretty sure Toops signed a four year deal?

squiddy

Juniors
Dunno , I reckon Baz might give it one more year now -

You're right about Snowy , the offers will be massive and the competition fierce

Dunno , I reckon Baz might give it one more year now -

You're right about Snowy , the offers will be massive and the competition fierce

Snowy hard to keep would've been the case with Ricky as coach or not.

As for Pom. Doubt we were looking to re sign him.

Baz has always said last year.

AK- still has much to prove.

Toops- Who knows.

azzah72

Bench
Except for snowy, all those players are expendable anyway, although if toops gets back to form, i'd like him.

jackal

Juniors
Ricky would never have been sacked & he hasn't resigned over on field results or poor results. If we were coming first, he would have still resigned.
Correct.

RS - "the time is right for me and the club".

The club will make a play at extending Snowdens contract. That should initiate in the short term as opposed to the long term.

Barromundi

Juniors
My thoughts exactly, not that I ever take anything from BTR's mouth as gospel. The only time I would do that was if he said he was a c**k, I would believe that.

BTR knows nothing more than the average Sharks supporter, although he claims to, history has proven several times.

Well he didn't. But that talk certainly got some posters in here fired up.

Last edited:

The Dodger

First Grade
We need to keep Kelly.

The kid is a star.

If baz stays on then good but if he leaves, throw Kelly there.

KKW

Juniors
Manly are after Snowden and will probably get him now with Perry most likely off to UK.