What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

Aragorn

First Grade
I use to work at the Caltex petrol station near Mt Smart stadium and would see Auckland Warrior players come in all the time… I remember once telling Tea Ropati he had a bad game and needed to tighten up his tackling… boy he was p*ssed… my lesson learnt from there on, only tell players what they want to hear ie how brilliant they are and its not their fault the team lost....

Anyone have other player sightings/talks they want to share with us?

Packy

Bench
Used to see Bronco players out all the time. Shit they got away with would have ended some sydney based players careers.

Charlie124

First Grade
I ran into corey parker in the food court at my shopping centre the other day. He was trying to eat a kebab but kept missing his mouth, after four unsuccessful attempts he just gave up and let corey norman finish it off.

Aragorn

First Grade
I remember thinking he’s also “got quite a big jaw…” that I kept to myself….

Frailty

First Grade
Back in 1997 I saw Tawera Nikau at Dreamland (this was after the season)....
Was extremely nice and signed autograph for me....

Sleep

Juniors
I've probably seen the Dragons entire squad out on the drink over the years. Just hang around at the Harp the night after games and it's a sure thing to meet them all.

No really exciting stories. Big Dell was always good value though and incredibly friendly. Pictures and a yarn with anyone who wanted one.

T.T

Juniors
a few years back was out one wednesday night and bumped into ryan girdler and craig gower.. greg alexander was also there as their 'minder'?

anyways girdler and gower were off chops challenging us to shots and kept asking where are the bitches at.. both were married at the time lol

Funny story about a former first grade player banging a career reserve grade player's sister in the toilets of a seedy pub while they were out pissing up :lol:

BDR

First Grade
Was having breaky at the Cowboys Leagues club at the end of 2010 and the lads came in after being on the piss all night. Michael Bani stole someone's crutch and started poking them with it :lol: they were hammered. They kept yelling out to the kitchen staff to bring them more bacon and laughing hysterically, this was like 9am.

I also met Thurston at the local Toyota dealership last year doing a sponsor promo and met the Sims lads at a members day.

Aragorn

First Grade
I also met Thurston at the local Toyota dealership last year doing a sponsor promo and met the Sims lads at a members day.

what are the sims like in person? on tv they come across as total tossers....

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I see players and ex-players all the time near my work. Only said hi a few times. I wouldn't want to be annoyed by randoms all the time if I were them when trying to eat lunch plus they are always with other people

gronkathon

First Grade
When I was a younger man I made the mistake of taunting Jason Williams all game one day at a Reggies match at Leichhardt after his prison stint.

After the game he came over and told me exactly what he thought of me.

It was interesting and informative

Latest posts