What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
My old job used to have a fair bit to do with players, the entire 2010 Eels team and most officials, most of the 81 Eels Grand Final side, Wayne Pearce, Andy Raymond (douche), Wayne Bennett and a few others.

I remember one night in particular in 09 I think it was, Paul Gallen and most of the Sharks team were celebrating his birthday at our bar. The interesting thing is that they had a minder and their minder was Vulcan from Gladiators. I thought it was so awesome. I won't go too far into it but lets say he was there for a good reason.

Hutty1986

Immortal
When I was a younger man I made the mistake of taunting Jason Williams all game one day at a Reggies match at Leichhardt after his prison stint.

After the game he came over and told me exactly what he thought of me.

It was interesting and informative

I hope you thanked him for the educational experience.

What a nice young man.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
Met Matt Utai at a NSW cup game, asked to get a photo, then he made a snide comment telling me that it's $5 per photo.

Aragorn

First Grade
When I was a younger man I made the mistake of taunting Jason Williams all game one day at a Reggies match at Leichhardt after his prison stint.

After the game he came over and told me exactly what he thought of me.

It was interesting and informative

you mean Jake "the Muss" Heke?!

958826-jason-williams.jpg

Evenflow

Bench
In the Storm's first couple of years they used to have the members social club in a building next door to Olympic Park where all the players would come back to have a drink, mingle with fans and have after match presentations. The players were very accessible back then and always happy for a chat but by far the best of them was Rusty Bawden.

Absolute cracking bloke he was, funny as f**k and always ready to continue on with the drinking session up the road in Swan St or in the city which happened on several occassions as i'm sure many Storm fans could. Ben Roarty and Danny Williams were also never far behind though they don't really see eye to eye these days :lol: They were also good blokes even though William's career finished the way it did, grubby on field but a top bloke off it.

Probably slightly off topic being that its Super League but have seen Stuart Fielden at a few football games, always seem to end up behind him when cueing for a pie

And completely off topic, I knew UFC fighter Michael Bisping before he was famous, used to be a DJ - he's shit, Englands answer to Clintdogg he is.

Met Lote Tuqiri in the city one night, seemed like a decent bloke, although he seemed to get frustrated that every 15 seconds someone asked him for a photo.

Luke Stuart did a chat at our school a while back, again seemed like a decent fella

My mates met Matty Utai at the Albion (lol) apparently he is a massive tosser.

RABK

Referee
Met dozens either through work, at pubs or through been friends with some players. Experiences ranging from been a wingman for Jarryd Hayne who was interested in my friend to sharing a cab to the city with Anthony Minichiello and Craig Wing after a mutual friends 21st a few years back, was hoping we might pick up Gaz so we could get toey.

eozsmiles

Bench
I lived in Newcastle for a few years when I was younger and partying and you'd see Knights everywhere in pubs and clubs. It's no secret Joey likes to let his hair down, I've seen him at the Burwood on crutches and at the Ducks Nuts in a neck brace. That's commitment. I still get there sometimes and if you hang around Darby St or Merewether then you'd see Knights players all the time drinking lattes. Haven't seen Wayne though.

Aragorn

First Grade
Met dozens either through work, at pubs or through been friends with some players. Experiences ranging from been a wingman for Jarryd Hayne who was interested in my friend to sharing a cab to the city with Anthony Minichiello and Craig Wing after a mutual friends 21st a few years back, was hoping we might pick up Gaz so we could get toey.

nice one..

reminds me of the Gaz sex scandal... fire up!

"(Woman's name), where the f--- are you? There's four toey humans in the cab ... and you're in bed. F--- me - fire up".

all class that guy...

Last edited:

Tigger Madness

Juniors
I ran into Gareth Ellis at Concord Stadium when I was buying some merch. It was pissing down with rain and I made some feeble remark about how he must enjoy it because it reminds him of home. He said he hates the rain....awkward silence ensued.

BDR

First Grade
what are the sims like in person? on tv they come across as total tossers....

They were both incredibly nice actually, especially Tariq who was really jokey and played around with all the kids. Ashton's was there with his Mrs so he was a little more quiet but still very nice and was happy to sign stuff and take photos.

Tariq is the member's ambassador so I guess it was his job to be there.

natheel

Coach
Used to see the Morris twins out at the local pub in kiama alot and live near their dad too

Saw Eric grothe jnr at soundwave one year watching faith no more next to me was a pretty cool bloke

Kris keating at Marconi club in Fairfield...little prick walking round like he owned the place

Had a few beers with Matt keating at a party in 09 nice guy he had all the time In the world to talk

superparra

Juniors
Ran into Nate Myles in an Olympic Park hotel during the Four Nations a couple of years back and asked him if he'd be watching the games.
As soon as it was out of my mouth I realised that he was the 18th man.

Murf

Juniors
See all the Eels around my work all the time. Sandow deadset gives Dangi a run for his money.

Also happened to be at Scubar on Mad Monday last year. A recently married high profile first grader was definitely not sticking to his vows.

Big Sam

First Grade
Once saw Anasta, Myles, and one other Easts player (think it was Mason) having lunch on Coogee Bay Rd. Myles had brought his dog along and decided to feed the dog food off his plate with his fork which he then went and re-used on his own meal. Revolting, but understandable from someone who thinks that defecating in hotel corridors is acceptable behaviour.

Also in the 2 or so minutes I was getting takeaway at the shop next door, at least 5 drivers put down their windows and told Anasta to 'get f**ked' or something similar. Quite amusing.

Other than that I've seen numerous Souths players at Maroubra beach or shopping at Maroubra.