What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

Aragorn

First Grade
really, was she your ex at the time and how did that make you feel?

if i had a rugby league star grab my GF's arse I think I would be ok.... i guess it depends how hard he grabbed it though.... a bit of a pat is ok, a half grab still ok, a full hand slap then squeeze could be pushing it....

Actually, in hindsight, I don’t think I’ll be ok with it… just picturing it in my head now…

Fire

First Grade
Marty Bella! brings back some memories....

sounds like he did a Willie Mason... didnt use to draw pictures of penis's when kid's asked him for his autograph.... what a d*ck.

Really? If true what a wanker.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

if i had a rugby league star grab my GF's arse I think I would be ok.... i guess it depends how hard he grabbed it though.... a bit of a pat is ok, a half grab still ok, a full hand slap then squeeze could be pushing it....

No, we were living together at the time, she went out with some friends and came home later that night and said "Lance" had groped her, so I never had a chance to beat him up or anything (lol as if, the bloke is even shorter in person than he looks on the field but his biceps are about 3 times the size of mine).

Unsurprisingly It was a short-lived relationship between Lance and her friend.

Red Bear

Referee
Saw a bunch of Roosters out in 08 or so when World Youth Day was on. Freddy and Fitzy were nice guys.

Served Fitzy at work since then. Used to serve a heap of dragons at my old job as well on the way to/from training, also Sterlo one night after a match had been broadcast from Win Stadium. Seen a bunch of others around the nightlife spots/races at different times, usually just minding their own business and of no concern.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I lived in Newcastle for a few years when I was younger and partying and you'd see Knights everywhere in pubs and clubs. It's no secret Joey likes to let his hair down, I've seen him at the Burwood on crutches and at the Ducks Nuts in a neck brace. That's commitment. I still get there sometimes and if you hang around Darby St or Merewether then you'd see Knights players all the time drinking lattes. Haven't seen Wayne though.

My gf and her mum seen him walking along bar beach in march i think. Chatted to them for a 5-10mins, they said he was really pleasant and easy to talk too.

If i met joey out and about i would jizz my pants

Iafeta

Referee
If we're talking outside of after match functions or seeing them off at the airport after the 2002 Grand Final... I've talked to Lance Hohaia and Evarn Tuimavave as they were wandering through Church St mall in '04... Simon Woolford at the John Edmonson VIC all you can eat buffet... and basically the entire Penriff Panfers after this year's Ladies Day at the bar at Rydges. Olsen Filipaina used to work in the same yard as me as well. And I've seen Terry Lamb a fair few times, work with his brother. Mark Horo was also in the office the other day hawking shoes from memory.

More importantly, my brother was on the same flight as Hulk Hogan when he was full on Hollywood Hogan from the nWo.

Aragorn

First Grade
Really? If true what a wanker.

I was looking for the article but could only find him signing autographs in someone else's name - deadset wasnt making it up.... it's stuck in my head as really odd when I first heard it..might have been on the footy show.... all due to his ADHD....

I guess if no one else remembers, it probably didnt happen....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

Isn't Lance married? How long ago did this happen?

Murf

Juniors
Saw Carney and Pearce at the Ksubi warehouse sale in Rosebery earlier this month. A few other league looking types with them, didnt recognise them however.

As a side note, how disgraceful is Carney's chest ink? It is a f**king monstrosity.

beagle

Juniors
Saw Ivan Cleary and some Penrith players at Sydney Airport on Friday waiting for the flight to Townsville.

Also saw Johnathan Thurston, Matt Bowen and Willie Mason in the foodcourt at Sydney Airport a couple of years ago.

Have seen a few Parra players around Parramatta also. Ben Smith, Jarryd Hayne and Casey Maguire most recently.

Crazy Steve

Juniors
Once saw Anasta, Myles, and one other Easts player (think it was Mason) having lunch on Coogee Bay Rd. Myles had brought his dog along and decided to feed the dog food off his plate with his fork which he then went and re-used on his own meal. Revolting, but understandable from someone who thinks that defecating in hotel corridors is acceptable behaviour.

Also in the 2 or so minutes I was getting takeaway at the shop next door, at least 5 drivers put down their windows and told Anasta to 'get f**ked' or something similar. Quite amusing.

Other than that I've seen numerous Souths players at Maroubra beach or shopping at Maroubra.

Don't worry Big Sam, us Roosters fans feel the same way. Actually come to think of it, it probably was us Rooster fans. Can the Tigers take him off our hands now?????? (Please!!!)

Lambretta

First Grade
Talking of Chris Flannery, I was watching Man City v some other Premier League team play on Fox Sports a couple of months back and he was on the screen in the crowd. It felt like seeing a mate on TV!

I was in Mudgee recently and Tom Learoyd Lars walked straight past me with two other players. I only looked up at the last minute before crashing into him (I was paying attention to my youngest kid at the time) and thought "bloody hell he's a big unit" before saying g'day and sidestepping him. He was with two other players, but I didn't really look properly. I just saw them briefly from behind.

rabbitohs95

Bench
See Easts and Souths players all the time at the local shopping mall, like Mason (when he was at the chooks, he's a bloody giant) Carney (same) and SKD.

I've seen Anasta a few times too around my local area at the cinemas, and saw the whole Souths squad there too another day. Maroubra and Coogee beaches are a popular spot to see them.

Timbo

Staff member
Brad Fittler used to live near me. Friendly guy, always used to say good morning or g'day when he'd walk past you in the street.

And I seem to recall giving Jarrad Croker a hug in Mooseheads in Canberra the night of the 2010 semi in Canberra and telling him no hard feelings for the penalty goal.

Fire

First Grade
I could imagine Fitler being a nice person in real-life. Yeah he gets bagged out for being a space cadet, etc, but he never says a bad word about anyone/has a hidden agenda, unlike some of the other tools on TV. He's always smiling and having a laugh, doesn't take things too seriously.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
I went to a cricket match which featured a team of Indigenous NRL players against an up and coming rep cricket team... for some sort of charity at the SCG in January 2011

Met the following players; Wendell Sailor, Scott Prince, Jamal Idris, Greg Bird, Greg Inglis, Preston Campbell, Ben Barba, Jharal Yow Yeh, Ryan James, Nathan Merritt, Shannon Walker, Jono Wright, Michael Lett, George Rose.

The best one would of been George Rose. Real light-hearted man. Funny bloke

Wendell, Preston Campbell, Greg Bird were also good too.

Ben Barba, Jharal were surprisingly a bit reserved. As was GI

The worst of all was Nathan Merritt by a mile. Asked him what did he think of Sandow back when he used to play for Souths and he just responds back with "he's a halfback". Thanks scoop.

Wendell Sailor lives up the road from me and I've seen him a couple of times too. See a fair few Dragons players in Crown street Mall or one of the cafe's on the beach in Wollongong. Sharks player Jeremy Smith still lives in Wollongong and lives across the road from my mate (used to live with Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa too) and see him regularly at my local Woolworths, Ben Creagh is there regularly too. He copped a bit of flak after the 2009 Origin series when he ran like a cat away from Hodgo lol

Last edited:

effnic

Bench
Cant really get any better than partying it up with the team for 3 days straight in the hotel room after the 2008 grand final.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I was looking for the article but could only find him signing autographs in someone else's name - deadset wasnt making it up.... it's stuck in my head as really odd when I first heard it..might have been on the footy show.... all due to his ADHD....

I guess if no one else remembers, it probably didnt happen....

i think he signed hindmarsh's name...maybe fitzgibbon? doent rememebr the dicks

Cant really get any better than partying it up with the team for 3 days straight in the hotel room after the 2008 grand final.

were you the bun? :lol: hope you remembered to tell work you were "sick"