What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

DeeJ

Bench
Someone in this thread earlier said they saw Justin Hodges having a smoke too. Was really surprised when I read that. Ciggies are bad shit, f**k up your lung capacity, etc. Anyways, it's a free country, if they wanna smoke that's their choice, I'm not uppity about it, was just really surprised is all, because they are so professional these days.

Sam Thaiday was smoking up until 2 years ago. They even mentioned it on teh footy show.

thorson1987

Coach
You would be surprised how many players light up, mainly when on the piss.

In the footage from the dogs mad Monday bullshit you could see someone at the window having one.

Fibroman

First Grade
Thought I saw Ben Roberts in a car at a Caltex servo a few months ago. I'm still waiting on the club PR people to get back to me and confirm.

Red Bear

Referee
Costigans a smoker as well I think.

They train enough the effects are probably minimal on their athletic performance, despite still being bad for their health

bjm8

Juniors
Whilst we're talking about smoking I ran into Willie Mason, Jamal Idris & Bronx Goodwin last saturday night in Toowoomba. Saw Willie duck out for a androtop quite a few times.

Someone in this thread earlier said they saw Justin Hodges having a smoke too. Was really surprised when I read that. Ciggies are bad shit, f**k up your lung capacity, etc. Anyways, it's a free country, if they wanna smoke that's their choice, I'm not uppity about it, was just really surprised is all, because they are so professional these days.

If it's just a one-off thing when they're pissed it actually doesn't do much.

You'd be worse off attending a barbecue or being in a pub with a natural fire(don't know if you have those in aussie)

Smoking cigs is only really a problem when you're doing it on a regular basis. A few on the piss once a week will have practically zero impact

I used to smoke so looked into it a bit when on the road to quitting

Edit - The only real problem with social smoking is not that it's seriously harmful, but that it rarely remains just a social thing, and lamost always leads to regular, addictive smoking

Last edited:

DictatingTerms

Juniors
I very briefly met Tommy Raudonikis as a kid at a sports awards function, and got a sports annual signed. Even in a function you could smell the smoke reeking from him.

When I was a kid I knew both Neil Baker & Tony Melrose.

They were both married to a pair of sisters who's family had holiday house next to ours.

Neil Baker is how I ended up a panthers fan.

Iafeta

Referee
In addition to my previous entry into the thread, at our last Corporate Golf Day we had Lawrence, "Contract Renegger" Moltzen (Beau Ryan's words), Beau Ryan and Heinington there. Heinington was outed for having his eye on one of our sales chicks. The year before Steve Edge was the MC.

Saw Cameron Ciraldo at Summer Salt a few years ago. Dude is unbelievably tall.

Aragorn

First Grade
In addition to my previous entry into the thread, at our last Corporate Golf Day we had Lawrence, "Contract Renegger" Moltzen (Beau Ryan's words), Beau Ryan and Heinington there. Heinington was outed for having his eye on one of our sales chicks. The year before Steve Edge was the MC.

Saw Cameron Ciraldo at Summer Salt a few years ago. Dude is unbelievably tall.

were they any good at golf?