What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player votes: round 6. Sharks vs Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

jed

First Grade
Ok, it's my sad duty to open up the voting for tonight's game.

2 - Schif
1 - Macca
1 - Hindy
1 - Hodgo
1 - Robbo

Very average performance all round.

Raider_69

Post Whore
4: Robbo - Played well tonight and was the best for us by a fair distance IMO
1: Macca - tryed hard and played well in the 2nd half
1: Schif - fanstistic in ever aspect bar goal kicking and me suspects the 90 sec rule has a lot to answer for :evil:

Anonymous

Juniors
Sigh, where does one start?

OK here goes:

3-Schif. Although his kicking boots have probobly cost him his only real shot ever of representing his country, his positional play, one-on-one defence and difusing of kicks were all great.
2-Robbo. Was good out the back, found some brief attacking flair with limited opportunity.
1-Evo. Scored a try and not much else. More a case of 'who the hell do I pick for one point'. Came down to not doing much wrong.

jed

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
4: Robbo - Played well tonight and was the best for us by a fair distance IMO
1: Macca - tryed hard and played well in the 2nd half
1: Schif - fanstistic in ever aspect bar goal kicking and me suspects the 90 sec rule has a lot to answer for :evil:

I recall that the most a player can be given is 3 mate - who is the 6th point going to?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i thought we could alocate the 6 points in any which way
umm give it too..... Rhino, was our only prop that did anything

both cross and davico were quiet

greeneyed

First Grade
I give:

3 points - Macca, never stopped trying to do something
2 points - Schif
1 point - Robertson

The forwards don't deserve any points. No sting in defence, no ground in attack. Awful. I don't know whether it is lack of application or the game plan that was to blame. It seemed to me we decided to be "expansive" by throwing the ball wide, but either to men that were so deep it meant we gained no territory, or by throwing it so flat that no ground was made either.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Robbo - Most improved player this year bar none. 3
Choc - As many, including Loz highlighted tonight, positional play was second to none. 2
Evans - Playing above his ability at the moment. Scored a simple try and solid defense should see him continue in first grade. Hope the blokes alright though, his head needed about 3 rolls of bandaging to stem that cut.

Shockers of the night

Stump man - If you want to kick on the 2nd tackle, make sure the ball doesn't go on the full -- whether the player or the out line. Not only that but where's the distance on the kicks!

Statue - Worse game for him in ages.

Muss - He's been one of the best players in the comp this season, but tonight being driven back on nearly every hit up and making some crucial high tackles really hurt us. Really an important player for us, so when he goes bad, everything does :!:

The Boss - Got hammered a few times and dropped the ball way too much. Was fortunate he got that penalty.

Smith - It's back to business for Tyran, knocking the ball on, right where he left off.

Not really any positives to come out of the game. Still a problem of not having enough points for a shoot out, and not coming out with any intensity for the 2nd half. We can pull out games when were only down by 10 or so, but 20? Forget about it.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I can't think of any positives from that performance apart from Robbos and a few others performances. A bit worrying that our forwards can't motivate themselves when we play crap team like the Sharks.

azza

Juniors
Bloody oath, after tonight's performance, we night need to make an emergency call to Greg Wolfgramm and Albert Fulavai to come out of retirement and play for us :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
azza said:
Bloody oath, after tonight's performance, we night need to make an emergency call to Greg Wolfgramm and Albert Fulavai to come out of retirement and play for us :lol:

harsh!!!
we wernt fuvagramm bad were we!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Foz

Bench
Your number 5 looks a good player.
I would have liked to have seen more of 16. He looks likely.

jed

First Grade
Yeah, 5 is Robbo, that kid's playing great this year, 4 tries from 5 games. 16 was Cross, he's still got a long way to go, but isn't bad.

Paullyboy

Coach
3 - Robertson
2 - McLinden
1- Shifcofske

Im trying to remember back to the game now, did Woolford even play for most of it? I cant remember him actually doing anything. I could be wrong, but I just cant remember seeing him.

Paullyboy

Coach
Just a more positive note though - I thought it was great to see Michael Hodgson so involved, I thought he had a very good game - it wasnt spectacular but he worked hard all night.

3 - Robbo. The improvement in him is amazing.
2 - Schif. Average in attack, but outstanding in defence. He saved a certain 3 or 4 tries and his positional play was superb.
1 - Macca. Tried hard all night and setup several tries.

I don't think any of the forwards deserve any points, even Muss...

skeepe

Immortal
3 - Schif. Was definately the most valuable on the park tonight. If he's not our fullback, we lose by 80
2 - Robbo. Wow, I never rated him last season but he's sure proved me wrong.
1 - Hindmarsh. Kept trying all night.

Cross wasn't that bad last night. Sure he dropped the ball too much (maybe he was trying to imitate Statue?), but when he actually held it he had some real go-forward. He just needs to stop trying to step :D

What happened to our defence on the right? When Phil Bailey is making line breaks, you know there's problems. It's almost as if, in many Sharks sets, the play went run, get tackled, pass it out to the left, make a huge break, get tackled... it really pissed me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts