What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players left to sign

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jizmizm said:
I thought we would have had quite a bit of money left? :|

I think everyone including myself have over estimated the sort of salleries that players like Widders, Morris and Wade were on...I think were earning that much at all.

Bazal

Post Whore
scottyj said:
Matt Ballin would be a great sign to any club.

In negotiations with Manly - hope he stays

Not sure we need a hooker though...from that list I'd take any out of these players...

Darius Boyd...but we don't really need wingers
Jermaine Ale...talented young kid, but do we need centres? Still take him.
Alan Rothery...decent enough forward, fairly young too...
David Seage...damn talented kid this one
Shane Rigon...solid depth forward if necessary
Dan Tolar...talented player IMO...injury prone though
Jamie Feeney...old yes, but experienced, decent, and a forward
Matt Bickerstaff...as above

I think we need to get another couple of forwards yet, we are looking a little light on there next year with;

Cayless
Vella
MoiMoi
Hindy x 2
Wagon
Lowrie
Corboba
Robbo
Taia

Our only currently signed forwards with first grade experience (excluding hookers).

caylo

Bench
that is 10 players to fill 14 possitions(nrl, and pl forwards), also with mateo, tsulous in there that is 12 spots filled, and with players like oake, weller.h etc, do u realy need any more forwards i say no.

Phillips

Referee
Jermaine Ale 'potentially' could be a great signing for any club

David Seage is a great fullback aswell..

parra pete

Referee
Phillips said:
Jermaine Ale 'potentially' could be a great signing for any club

David Seage is a great fullback aswell..

Save players going to the pub if Ale is on tap....They could end up in a 'seage' situation from the media though,

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Need to sign some forwards, of that list none are good. But watching PL in the last few weeks we've got some good young forwards coming through, are most of them staying next year?

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Need to sign some forwards, of that list none are good. But watching PL in the last few weeks we've got some good young forwards coming through, are most of them staying next year?

if you name them I can answer..

The Colonel

Immortal
Darius Boyd...but we don't really need wingers
Jermaine Ale...talented young kid, but do we need centres? Still take him.
David Seage...damn talented kid this one

Outside backs are probably more a priority than forwards at the present time. Seage or Ale would be very good signings. Boyd would want to play firsts.......

Freak2

Juniors
I'm with you Colonel.
Bit skinny in centres and fullback at the moment.

David Seage should have fully recovered from ACL now and would be ready to have an impact.

Wouldn't mind Carmont either. Would be a great backup for Benny or T.

Stagger eel

Staff member
problem is we've only really got room for players willing to be in the part time squad and most of thos players mentioned would want to play firstgrade.

Freak2

Juniors
eelavation said:
problem is we've only really got room for players willing to be in the part time squad and most of thos players mentioned would want to play firstgrade.

Where did you hear this?

I am not suprised though as both Riddell & Tahu would be on increasing amounts as contract extends, but releasing Morro would surely allow for some room.

The Colonel

Immortal
Freak2 said:
Where did you hear this?

I am not suprised though as both Riddell & Tahu would be on increasing amounts as contract extends, but releasing Morro would surely allow for some room.

You have to remember though that players like Chad, Fui, Jarryd and a number of others have had increases - Lowrie and Finch have been given new contracts. We've also had others come up into the Top 25.....

There isn't exactly as much money as people would like to think there is even with who we have had go.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
eelavation said:
if you name them I can answer..

Junior Paulo
Brendan Oake
Aaron Wood
Weller Hauraki
Zeb Taia
Tim Wynn
Justin Wood
Feleti Mateo (i did hear he's staying but not exactly sure)

I know Peter Lewis and Jack Afamasaga are leaving.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Junior Paulo yes
Brendan Oake yes
Aaron Wood yes
Weller Hauraki yes
Zeb Taia yes
Tim Wynn contracted part time
Justin Wood ?????
Feleti Mateo (i did hear he's staying but not exactly sure) yes

I know Peter Lewis and Jack Afamasaga are leaving.

hope this helps.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Just a question....i understand that we cant promote guys caus of the second and third tier caps etc.

But if we didnt want to cop a fine, could we say cancel the contract of Mateo, thus he is no longer contracted to us. The pay him on match payments, which im led to believe dont fall under the cap...then when the season is over just re-sign him?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Jermaine Ale, George Carmont(if still unsigned) or Trent Cutler would be very good signignings. We desperately need centres especially with Tahu rep honours and injury record

Latest posts