What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players left to sign

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
Where did you hear this?

I am not suprised though as both Riddell & Tahu would be on increasing amounts as contract extends, but releasing Morro would surely allow for some room.

I was chatting to an official on sunday about it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I do beleive we've signed Mase Laulu-Togagae a centre/winger from South Logan and there are also 2 other players from the Queensland cup that will come down trial with us, not sure who they are...there are also rumours in the Penrith forum that we're talking to Lee Hookey but the official I spoke to wasn't aware of it.

The Colonel

Immortal
Prodigal Eel said:
Just a question....i understand that we cant promote guys caus of the second and third tier caps etc.

But if we didnt want to cop a fine, could we say cancel the contract of Mateo, thus he is no longer contracted to us. The pay him on match payments, which im led to believe dont fall under the cap...then when the season is over just re-sign him?

Very unlikely that the NRL would allow such a move.....

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
I do beleive we've signed Mase Laulu-Togagae a centre/winger from South Logan and there are also 2 other players from the Queensland cup that will come down trial with us, not sure who they are...there are also rumours in the Penrith forum that we're talking to Lee Hookey but the official I spoke to wasn't aware of it.

AWW man! Why don't we sign Ben Czischski and Chris Walker while we're at it?!

the_eel

Juniors
eelavation said:
Ithere are also rumours in the Penrith forum that we're talking to Lee Hookey but the official I spoke to wasn't aware of it.

I hope the official is right on this one....i don't want Hookey (even though i'm sure it would just be for reserve grade)

Stagger eel

Staff member
well at the end of the day, anyone with a bit of firstgrade experiance could be valueble during a high injury toll...Hookey could be the 4th or 5th choice to go to but atleast he'd be experiance and lets face it he's virtually going to cost us bugger all.

Bazal

Post Whore
caylo said:
that is 10 players to fill 14 possitions(nrl, and pl forwards), also with mateo, tsulous in there that is 12 spots filled, and with players like oake, weller.h etc, do u realy need any more forwards i say no.

I think we do. If I were coach I'd be looking at two more forwards and two-three more backs. The way I see it, we have a good top flight pack but our depth is lacking in experience and in many cases prolonged periods of fitness. IF we go thorugh another crisis like this year I think we will less equipped to deal with it. Ideally I'd like us to sign David Seage, Jermaine Ale, Dan Tolar and maybe Matt Bickerstaff...

parra pete

Referee
eelavation said:

One is a lock from South Logan..Don't know his name but my Queensland mate is coming to town and staying with me on Thursday night so will find out then.
My mate has more connections than ANYONE in Rugby League. He has player manager ringing him for introductions to players believe or not.
He knows EVERYONE and has introduced me to most of them.
Talk about 6 degrees of separation and you know everyone in the world..He fits that bill. He has the best network, not only League stars but SPORTS stars..

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
One is a lock from South Logan..Don't know his name but my Queensland mate is coming to town and staying with me on Thursday night so will find out then.
My mate has more connections than ANYONE in Rugby League. He has player manager ringing him for introductions to players believe or not.
He knows EVERYONE and has introduced me to most of them.
Talk about 6 degrees of separation and you know everyone in the world..He fits that bill. He has the best network, not only League stars but SPORTS stars..

onya Pete ;-)