What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players off Contract come June 30

Being Honest

Wade McKinnon - Keep
Aaron Cannings - Needs to Prove Himself
Ben Smith - Keep
Dean Widders - Keep if affordable
Paul Stringer - Keep on a small contract
Ashley Graham - Great PL player has to step up again to NRL before I would keep
John Morris - If Maintains form, Keep
Luke Burt - Experianced player and is a starting Winger, Keep
Brett Delaney - Keep
Henry Perenara - Keep if you have to to keep Marcus
Adam Peek - Workhorse but might be replaced
Fuifui Moimoi - Keep unless a JNR has the same Mongrel
Jack Afamasaga - Unknown
Chad Robinson - Solid, but so could others be
Jamie Lyon - No wucking fay
John Williams - Undecided.
Feleti Mateo - See how he performs this year
Marcus Perenara - Keep (even if we have to keep Henry)
Justin Tsoulos - Keep if he goes well
Blake Green - Keep
Jeremy Smith - Only for Depth at 5/8th

Parraren

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Being Honest

Wade McKinnon - Keep
Aaron Cannings - Needs to Prove Himself
Ben Smith - Keep
Dean Widders - Keep if affordable
Paul Stringer - Keep on a small contract
Ashley Graham - Great PL player has to step up again to NRL before I would keep
John Morris - If Maintains form, Keep
Luke Burt - Experianced player and is a starting Winger, Keep
Brett Delaney - Keep
Henry Perenara - Keep if you have to to keep Marcus
Adam Peek - Workhorse but might be replaced
Fuifui Moimoi - Keep unless a JNR has the same Mongrel
Jack Afamasaga - Unknown
Chad Robinson - Solid, but so could others be
Jamie Lyon - No wucking fay
John Williams - Undecided.
Feleti Mateo - See how he performs this year
Marcus Perenara - Keep (even if we have to keep Henry)
Justin Tsoulos - Keep if he goes well
Blake Green - Keep
Jeremy Smith - Only for Depth at 5/8th

I think it's highly likely Stringer & Peeky will retire at the end of the season.

With the quality of outside backs coming through I wouldn't have Graham or Burt high on the priority list.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
stiff-meister eel said:
Also Williams as we have many good wingers & M Perenara as we cant keep then all. I'll also throw in his brother

You do need some depth. What happens if Grothe is injured?

Hayne and Reddy?

Who will play Premier League?

The Colonel

Immortal
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
You do need some depth. What happens if Grothe is injured?

Hayne and Reddy?

Who will play Premier League?

Will Williams be prepared to play Premier League if he is offered a first grade spot elsewhere?

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Will Williams be prepared to play Premier League if he is offered a first grade spot elsewhere?

yeah, its all well and good saying keep in, let him go blah blah, but the x-factor is, what does the player want to do? no use getting up tight about keeping somebody, if, in their mind, they are ready to look for greener pastures.

Jono078

Referee
Dean Widders
Luke Burt
Fuifui Moimoi
Jamie Lyon

And maybe Tahu* (if he can escape his contract). Wouldnt mind picking those 5* up :).

shiftysmith

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Dean Widders
Luke Burt
Fuifui Moimoi
Jamie Lyon

And maybe Tahu* (if he can escape his contract). Wouldnt mind picking those 5* up :).
you can have burt and lyons hands off the others

stiffmeister

Bench
Jono078 said:
Dean Widders
Luke Burt
Fuifui Moimoi
Jamie Lyon

Stop dreaming, out of that lot you can take Burt

stiffmeister

Bench
I've been thinking that before the Parra board made the 100% correct decision in not renewing Smith's contract, I'm sure they looked at the list of Parra players coming off contract at the end of this year & have put plans into place to retain the players they want because they must realise that Smith would take some players with him where ever he went

Do you guys think this is the case?

sooperdooper

First Grade
well its hard to see who to keep who not to when you think about it.
young players like:
m perenara
delaney
williams
green
etc could get great offers from a club which would harness our chances

Nuffy

Bench
The danger for all clubs this year is the GC, they need a bucket load of players so everyones depth will be affected.

bartman

Immortal
They will have put those players off contract in some kind of priority order, with money amounts and dependencies all noted. Starting now (since Brian's future is known) they should start working down the list and trying to get people re-signed - a player can always say no, or delay it if that's their choice, but if so the club has to keep moving down it's priority list before June 30.

I think there'll be a lot of player movement from this group, and offers made/considered from ither clubs. With Petersen and O'Dwyer are already gone, and Lyon is presumably off limits/spoken for. So from the rest of the list my prioirty orders would be:

Top Priorities (sort by Easter):
Ben Smith - I'm assuming we'll keep Ben at all costs
Dean Widders
Brett Delaney
Wade McKinnon
Luke Burt
Chad Robinson

Next batch (sort by mid-May):
John Morris - if Delaney is leaving, don't think we can fit both
John Williams - if Burt or McKinnon is leaving, don't think we can keep all three
Marcus Perenara - especially if he succeeds at hooker
Fuifui Moimoi - if he stays out of trouble this year. With one more suspension he'd be going cheaper I'd say
Paul Stringer - expecting retirement? Otherwise one more year.
Adam Peek - expecting retirement? Otherwise one more year.

Next batch (sort by mid-June):
Justin Tsoulos - an injury free season would help Justin show realise his potential
Feleti Mateo - needs to prove himself, may head eslewhere
Blake Green or Jeremy Smith - haven't seen these guys play, would expect that we only could keep one of them, maybe both if we lose either Delaney/Morris or Marcus Perenara?

Final batch (sort by end June/mid-July):
Ashley Graham - needs to impress and make first grade/bench to be a higher priority. Maybe only if Ben Smith leaves?
Henry Perenara - with Wags now a fill in second rower, I don't think Henry will be high on the list. Maybe if Robinson leaves?
Jack Afamasaga - needs to impress and make first grade/bench to be a higher priority. Maybe if Robinson and Tsolous leave?
Aaron Cannings - needs to impress and make first grade bench to be a higher priority. Maybe will be saved by Stringer and Peek's potential retirement?

Knowing our players will maybe want to test the water, you then you let Hagan get busy and fill any post-June 30 gaps. It's harsh, but that's life in a modern sport.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'd swap Fui and Wade or Burt tbh

Nothing against Wade or Burt but Parra have the likes of Reddy, Inu, Hayne, Williams (if he stays), Grothe, Benny, Tahu and others to fill in the back line spots.

Unless someone like Zeb Taia gets a chance this year Parra while they have a lot of forwards don't really have another one with the impact Fui brings.

eeladdick

Juniors
stiff-meister eel said:
I've been thinking that before the Parra board made the 100% correct decision in not renewing Smith's contract, I'm sure they looked at the list of Parra players coming off contract at the end of this year & have put plans into place to retain the players they want because they must realise that Smith would take some players with him where ever he went

Do you guys think this is the case?
i agree with you surly the board have put in place some kinda condition that smithy can't take players with him.
otherwise he'll be in thier ear all season to get them on board
or why dont the two clubs agree and swap coaches now to save all the crap throuh out the season

just my thoughts.............

Pazza

First Grade
Moi Moi aint going to have a impact if he is always on the side line all the time.

bartman

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
I'd swap Fui and Wade or Burt tbh

Nothing against Wade or Burt but Parra have the likes of Reddy, Inu, Hayne, Williams (if he stays), Grothe, Benny, Tahu and others to fill in the back line spots.

Unless someone like Zeb Taia gets a chance this year Parra while they have a lot of forwards don't really have another one with the impact Fui brings.

Fair enough point.

Just if Fui gets suspended again, it'll be lengthy and mean paying him or having him around will probably not be worth it? I hope that he's made some adjustements in the offseason - "controlled aggression".

Pazza

First Grade
John Morris is the number 1 prority for mine. He has really built up a awesome combination with Tim Smith and we are winning alot of games because of it.