What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players pledge pay cut for Wiki

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
jed said:
greeneyed and Bay56 agreeing with each other? I don't believe it :lol:
We can't help it if we are always right...... :lol:

Dont agree greeneyed .... I'm always right ... you are only sometimes right (the times you agree with me) :lol: :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
I read a lil tidbit somewhere that wiki was only getting offered 150k from the raiders, where as he is getting offered 300k per season from other clubs. The reason being that he now has become somewhat a liability, not with injury but with the judiciary. Look i want muss to stay as much as anyone else but seriously, he has been nailed for 7 weeks so far this season. He is the heart and soul of our team, it has been proven time and time again. It is the future we must think about here. Im in 2 minds, i would love to see wiki stay but on the other hand i can sort of see where the management is coming from.

sydraider said:
I read a lil tidbit somewhere that wiki was only getting offered 150k from the raiders, where as he is getting offered 300k per season from other clubs. The reason being that he now has become somewhat a liability, not with injury but with the judiciary. Look i want muss to stay as much as anyone else but seriously, he has been nailed for 7 weeks so far this season. He is the heart and soul of our team, it has been proven time and time again. It is the future we must think about here. Im in 2 minds, i would love to see wiki stay but on the other hand i can sort of see where the management is coming from.

Big League says he could attract $300k, and the club has offered him half that. To me, that would be him on a pay cut, which I highly doubt. I think it's his 10%'er up to no good. Wigan will offer him much more than $300k. But the news tonight was the club is resigned to losing him. As long as he doesn't play for another aussie club, it wont hurt as much to lose him.

Bay56

First Grade
Sydraider .... if he was that much of "a liability" why are other clubs willing to dish out $300K !!!

If what you say is true (re Raiders only offering $150K) it pretty well sums up the reasons behind my "negativity" towards them in this forum :evil: :evil:

Bay56

First Grade
Schif Happens .... "..... it wont hurt as much to lose him"

boyo :roll: :roll: :roll:

azza

Juniors
BAy... don't roll your eyes... your smarter than that! (PS you forgot I am a member of the greeneyed-Bay duo... wait that is a tripartite now

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree
if we lost him to another NRL club, watching him play against us would kill me
in the ESL i wouldnt have to watch him play against canberra

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
i agree
if we lost him to another NRL club, watching him play against us would kill me
in the ESL i wouldnt have to watch him play against canberra
Loosing him kills me FULLSTOP .. its the Stuart/Clyde episode all over again.

If we cant show loyalty towards a player of the calibre of Rubes what message does it send .... hey its not as though he is getting towards the end of his use by period ... the guy is still an inspiration to the team and especially to any youngster such as Carney.

But hey he has been a bit unlucky with the "judiciary" of late ... well lets offer him half as much as he is worth to get rid of him.

Hey, dont get me wrong, I dont believe this story one iota, but as I said previously, if it has even a semblence of truth UP YOURS MANAGEMENT !!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
i agree bay BUT if it means financially cripping us for future years then as much as it will hurt, i will bdi fair well to him
He is a top player and a better bloke, i hope it dosnt come to that, he deserves to finish his fine career at the one club, if management arnt doing all in their power to re-sign him ill call for heads

but all in their power shouldnt be stuffing us for the future and i dont think rubes himself would want that

sydraider

First Grade
bay 56 wrote
Sydraider .... if he was that much of "a liability" why are other clubs willing to dish out $300K !!!

If what you say is true (re Raiders only offering $150K) it pretty well sums up the reasons behind my "negativity" towards them in this forum

I dont see him as a liability, i want muss to stay and i am as peeved as everyone else that management dont appreciate the guy like we do. All im saying is that as management types do they see things that way.

sydraider

First Grade
P.S maybe things have changed in the last 2 days as kite has signed with the silvertails.......

azza

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
i agree bay BUT if it means financially cripping us for future years then as much as it will hurt, i will bdi fair well to him
He is a top player and a better bloke, i hope it dosnt come to that, he deserves to finish his fine career at the one club, if management arnt doing all in their power to re-sign him ill call for heads

but all in their power shouldnt be stuffing us for the future and i dont think rubes himself would want that

This is the point I have made in previous posts. If Wiki is being offered ridiculous amounts of money, it may hurt us to let him go and we will probably struggle next year. However, I would rather that than keeping him for but one more year and then having a crippling salary cap crisis in 2006, with the effect rippling on for seasons after.

We can rebuild from Ruben and if we have to let's do it now rather than with a reduced salary cap in 2006 because of deferred payments. That said, management should be doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to keep him in green, but if he is interested in the big money from England for his family's sake well... what can you do? But if we lose him to another NRL club it is a bleeding disgrace.

sydraider

First Grade
azza wrote
We can rebuild from Ruben and if we have to let's do it now rather than with a reduced salary cap in 2006 because of deferred payments. That said, management should be doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to keep him in green, but if he is interested in the big money from England for his family's sake well... what can you do? But if we lose him to another NRL club it is a bleeding disgrace.

I totally agree.
If we do lose him then someone else has to step up to the plate and replace his role, what are we gonna do when the guy retires if we do retain him????? It is a big loss, a massive loss even but at the end of the day the muss aint gonna be on the field forever.
It will be painful to see him in another nrl clubs colours if it comes to that, i hope it doesnt, especially manly ffs.

jed

First Grade
azza said:
Raider_69 said:

This is the point I have made in previous posts. If Wiki is being offered ridiculous amounts of money, it may hurt us to let him go and we will probably struggle next year. However, I would rather that than keeping him for but one more year and then having a crippling salary cap crisis in 2006, with the effect rippling on for seasons after.

Brilliantly put, azza.

sydraider

First Grade
What i dont get is, we are looking to rebuild in the fourth year of a five year plan :?
Management should be looking at more than just player retention.
The obvious thing that should be mentioned here is that bulgarelli is still in the team this week........... need i say more.

Bay56

First Grade
sydraider said:
What i dont get is, we are looking to rebuild in the fourth year of a five year plan :?
The obvious thing that should be mentioned here is that bulgarelli is still in the team this week........... need i say more.
Now using I Bleed Green's reasoning ... but hey, wait till game day ... it hasnt started yet so mabe Elliot will drop him and everyithing will be good :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bay56 said:
sydraider said:
Now using I Bleed Green's reasoning ... but hey, wait till game day ... it hasnt started yet so mabe Elliot will drop him and everyithing will be good :lol: :lol: :lol:

No 56, it has been proven that Booger is the apple in the coaches eye. I was hoping that he would be the one that was going to 'retire' as Tufnell mentioned. Hopefully Carney get's more than 20 minutes, and then Booger can spend more time on the bench, so he can't give away stupid penalties.