What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players smith cut

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Of the players Brian Smith got rid of last year, is there any that you are now disapointed that we lost?

I'm not to be honest. Reynoldson, woolnough, perry, tighe, carmont, abraham etc were all good decisions IMO. What is happening with kade snowden, he was meant to be the next big thing and is now with cronulla. Is he injured?

The best thing the knights did was get brian smith to try and right all the wrongs that hages developed in the place.

Bicey_18

Bench
Hmm lets see..

Reynoldson - lol no way, last weeks blunder from the kick off sums it up really
Tanner - Is he still alive?
Abraham - Havent heard from him either
Carmont - lol not on your life.. saw him play last night against Leeds and well this quote from one of the commentators sums it up.. "Out to Carmont..oohh knock on!!"
Tighe - Nope
Woolnough - Nope
Brown - No Way!! All he has shown is he can throw a ball from dummy half...
Snowden - No..

keeney

First Grade
I wanted to keep Wooly, but we've got him covered. He was the best of the ones we got rid of though.

Johns Magic

Referee
Maybe Tighe.

Even in a sh*t Panthers side he's scored 4 tries already this season.

I still maintain that in a team that played expansive football he would be very dangerous.

Otherwise I'm not upset about anyne we've lost.

chinorocks

Juniors
Abraham is playing QLD cup for one of the Cowboys feeder sides...Mackay I think. Looks slow even at that level now. Sucks what happened to him he could have been a superstar.

Matt23

Staff member
Reynoldson - Hell no
Tanner - Nup
Abraham - No
Carmont - Hell no
Tighe - Nope
Woolnough - Maybe
Brown - No
Snowden - No..

perverse

Referee
BIHK - knowing your form, all the players mentioned will now go to play for their countries in the WC at the end of the year.

however at this stage - there's not a player that smith cut that i'm missing. as expected - it is showing on the field right across the competition that smith made the correct decisions.

macavity

Referee
I miss the sponge :(

oh, and I think we wouldn't be so worried about our #9 for 09 if we still had Brown.

Matt23

Staff member
The only one's that miss ol' "spongecakes" Perry are the local bakeries

perverse

Referee
i do kinda miss spongey too.. but not because of what he brought to the field.. more just a sentimental thing. he was quite the cult figure for a number of years.

edit - he was one of the players that last year - despite being told he was not required next year.. chose not to kick up sh*t in the media. he just went about his business. i respected that.

Spike

First Grade
Reynoldson - can suck a bag full of wet *****
Tanner - I can't believe he played 70 games of first grade
Abraham - poor bastard, no
Carmont - no
Tighe - No
Woolnough - Would still consider him
Brown - Yes
Snowden - I'll wait to see what he does this year. Jury still out
Perry - No
Newton - monkey licking thunder ****
Seage - No
Hinton - meh

roopy

Referee
Wooly would still fit in, but you have to take into account that he had cervical spine injuries similar to the one that ended Joey's career - so is always one head high away from retirement.

I think the thing with Smith is not so much that those players weren't good enough, but that he won't pay overs for a player, and all those guys were on more than they were worth.

The two i think he was wrong about were two that weren't re-signed before he got here because he didn't rate them - Matt Gidley and Anthony Quinn - although you could make a case that they were on too much money.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
When these players got cut last year, alot of people on here said they may go better at another club. I still believe these players needed to change clubs and would not ask for any of them back. They had years to do something and they didn't.

roopy

Referee
The boned team.

Hinton
Seage
M Gidley
Carmont
Quinn
Tighe
Brown
Perry
Newton