What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players to watch - 5 from your side?

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I thought this was for our own opinion, and their mine!
Jake Seaton is very very tough! Good player. Will continue to grow.

And By the way im not talking about last year, im saying i think they will have bigger seasons this coming year, so i really dont give a sh*t how bad they played last year.

And im pretty sure i said thomson COULD be the halves solution, has the potential!

It is everyone's right to express their opinion and everyone else opinion to agree and disagree with it. That is how the forum works.

As far as Jake Seaton is concerned. Jake is just like his 2 older brothers was shaving at the age of 14 and never grew after 15. Jake has finished growing long ago. Take a look at his parents. How was he ever going to be big.

lifesgood

Juniors
It is everyone's right to express their opinion and everyone else opinion to agree and disagree with it. That is how the forum works.

As far as Jake Seaton is concerned. Jake is just like his 2 older brothers was shaving at the age of 14 and never grew after 15. Jake has finished growing long ago. Take a look at his parents. How was he ever going to be big.

Gee coz I'm best mates with him n sh*t I know allthat.. Dickhead this forum is for opinions based on the football field not about when people finished puberty.!! And it is for a opinions so write ur opinion not comment on mine as if I have no ideA..!!!

lifesgood

Juniors
And I'm guessing your from qld or somewhere near there.. Cause u have given sh*t to Jake seaton n Justin o neill.. From what I know are kind of from te same area in qld.. Gee what did they do to piss u off..!!

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
And I'm guessing your from qld or somewhere near there.. Cause u have given sh*t to Jake seaton n Justin o neill.. From what I know are kind of from te same area in qld.. Gee what did they do to piss u off..!!

I am just stating an opinion. This is how I see it.

I got time for both kids, particularly Jake but he is one of these kids who peaked physically at 15. He has a big heart but through bad junior coaching has never developed ball skills or foot work. He had the size and toughness to be effective up to now but now that he is 18yo and not big enough to play prop at the highest level he hasn't got the skills to play in a different position or role. Jake will guts it out but I don't expect him to go on and I am just stating that point.

Justin needs to toughen up. Bit of a prima donna. I rated him very highly as 15yo and he hasn't lived up to my expectations.

As far where they are from they both are from Qld. Julian O'Neill comes from North West Qld town of Hughenden 4 hours + west of Townsville and Jake from the Sunshine Coast an hour and half North of Brisbane.

The Dominator

Juniors
TJ Fonati- Surprised Buldogs let him go ...

I cant understand why he wasnt used more
he runs a similar way martin lang/nathan long did
hard and no fear and is a prop

TJ is a little bit troubled.

For the dogs:

Marty Taupau
Pakisonasi Afu
Paul Carter
Lachlan Burr
Dale Finucane

richies

Juniors
TJ is a little bit troubled.

For the dogs:

Marty Taupau
Pakisonasi Afu
Paul Carter
Lachlan Burr
Dale Finucane

is
paul in harolds?

can u tell us anything about him?
ty

ok he is a hooker
dont know if paki will make it
has potential just to layed back and lazy

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Paki Afu willo be one of those big Polys who's good in juniors because he's too big but will struggle against men

footy1

Juniors
is
paul in harolds?

can u tell us anything about him?
ty

ok he is a hooker
dont know if paki will make it
has potential just to layed back and lazy

Paul Carter is a good player. He is with the NYC squad and plays primarily lock and five-eighth. He toured with the AIS at the end of last season and played NSW CHS Under 18 last year as well. He's a good prospect and could develop quite a bit in the next few years. He reminds me of fellow team mate Dale Finucane.

slammingsam

Juniors
He wasnt in the squad originally and i dont know why but he has now been added - Arthur Takapu.

Big centre who runs hard and plays hard.
Has a nack of scoring tries and also has a ratty which is literally near his arse..

slammingsam

Juniors
Souths.
Also in regards to the post about Paki Afu above - i agree..
If you watched him in BALL he would come on for 10 mins/score a try and then go off..

In 20s whilst he scored alot of tries it was ALL on the back of size which ovibously wont serve him as well in Grade - he will get sorted out quick smart.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Bulldogs IMO:

- Martin Tapau: Speaks for himself. Just a pure gun and raw talent.

- Robert Timani: Really impressed me last year. A big second rower/prop who has a killer offload and trampled over the top of pretty much everyone. One of the closest moulds to SBW I've seen.

- Nathan Massey: Should replace Patten in a couple of years. I really like this kid. Lots of speed, really smart attack and his defence is more than solid. Best thing is, he has pure heart and courage for such a small guy.

- Eddie Tautali: Have heard nothing but amazing things about this kid. Apparently, lightning fast, very very skilful and smart player.

- Shane Pumipi: Really fast attacking little half. Good speed, very live wire. Don't know how far he'll go but he's exciting to watch.

ozbash

Referee
For the NZ Warriors​

Shaun Johnson , Andrew Johns rated Shaun as the best half Back talent he had seen in years. He said he was more impressed than when he first saw Stacey Jones. Shaun has been promoted and trains with the first grade side. After only a handful of U20's games the locals were calling for him to be playing NRL prime time. Blistering pace, Bigger Stepping ability than Benji Marshal and a passing game that mimicks Andrews Johns himself Shaun had the highest try assist rate in the Toyota Cup 2009 of any player.​

Suiatongia Likiliki, Also training with the first grade squad, Likiliki was called up for an NRL debut in 2009. A centre who busts the line, runs fantastic lines and is like a wild bull, Likiliki is a talent the Warriors will not want to lose given his superb attacking abilities.​

Elijah Niko, Playing on the Wing at 110kg Elijah caused all sorts of headaches in 2009 but his best position will probably be in the 2nd Row. Has Ali Lauiititi ball playing ability but with more speed. Elijah could really make a name for himself this year.​

Zensei INU, Seen as a play maker of gifted ability INU was easily the most improved player in Auckland Junior grades last year. Standing around 187 and 105kg INU is a big NO 6 and plays in the Mateo role. Could play at Lock next year but better suited to 6. Zensei Inu may be a name that could be on everyone lips come the end of next season​

Joe Mua, Auckland and New Zealand league produced a lot of talented players in 2008/2009 that NRL clubs were quick to try and get their claws into. While the Warriors managed to Keep Sam Lousi (6'5 centre), James Te Pou (Snuck away from Paramatta), Patrick Vaivai (Back from Storm for family reasons) and Jordon Tuarae (Played up at the Storm). Joe Mua got picked up by the cowboys. Easily the most devestating Centre in the junior grades he was virtually uncontainable, winning the junior final virtually by himself. Standing around 6ft and 110kg he is like a Jonah Lomu Bulldozer but had a attitude problem to fit. Came back from the cowboys for playing up and is now being given a 2nd life at the Warriors where by all reports he is really giving it his best shot. Will be the biggest back in 2010 Toyota cup.​

(SPECIAL MENTION) Neccron Areaiiti, Never got a real shot at the Tigers, The Monster prop is a monster hitter and by all accounts is training the roof down at the warriors. Has one year in the U20's to prove he is worth a first grade contract in 2011. Out to cause carnage in 2010​

Niko is huge, and fast.

A couple more;

Glen Fisiiahi (wing/centre)
Nafetali Seluini (Utility)
and the Palavi brothers.

Be interesting to see how this years squad goes under Ackland, a coach I rate very highly when he's left to get on with the job.

richies

Juniors
for the dogs
Im thinking aurthor brown will be a marked centre who is big and strong and bloody hard to stop close out...
scored 3-4 tries tonight in a trial and didnt play the full 80mins
there will be a following ...

Vic Mackey

Referee
for the dogs
Im thinking aurthor brown will be a marked centre who is big and strong and bloody hard to stop close out...
scored 3-4 tries tonight in a trial and didnt play the full 80mins
there will be a following ...

that wasnt the dogs full strength side was it?

tigers won quiet well whilst missing about 8-10 walk up starters

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Trials don't mean much in the lower grades, Vic. It's not about who wins or not, it's about putting two or three different teams out there and switching blokes around and seeing which combos work and how things go. No one cares about trial results, they just want players to come out injury free and match fresh for the start of the season.