What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players Who Are Better Than Frank Lampard Thread 2011/12

Jason Maher

Immortal
- Rooney
- Suarez
- Aguero
- Silva
- RVP

And that's just looking at the EPL. Feel free to add to this list. :)

Tom Shines

First Grade
mario-balotelli-why-always-me.jpg

WireMan

Bench
I note with amusement that there are no Manchester United midfielders in your list...

Rooney played midfield in the last game against Everton.

Uniteds forwards are better in mid than Lampard. No need to mention our mids. Its just a default that they are better.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Find then:

- Tom Cleverley
- Nani
- Ryan Giggs
- Nemanja Vidic
- Phil Jones
- Rio Ferdinand
- Danny Wellbeck
- Javier Hernandez
- Michael Owen
- Bebe

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Lampard would start at United IMO.

I mean, who does he have to compete with, Darren Fletcher and Anderson?

WireMan

Bench
Lampard would start at United IMO.

I mean, who does he have to compete with, Darren Fletcher and Anderson?

Nah, United play with two midfielders. This is a role (especially the defensive aspect) that Lampard has always struggled with. For him to get into the United team he would have to dislodge Rooney.

He does not have the energy to compete with Fletcher or Anderson.

Thats not to say what he does on the pitch he doesn't do well. He is a bit limited though and just wouldn't fit.

Eddie.

Bench
8 Goals from midfield already this year

I know he is far from the best player in the world these days but find me many centre mids with 8 goals already this year?

PRW

Juniors
I will say it myself, English players a hugely over-rated as a rule due, mainly due to the profile of the Premiership and the brilliant markateers that go with it.

Realistically, David Beckham was never a '20 in the world' player yet was able to dine at football's top table after being marketed to within an inch of his life!

Lampard is on about a par with him - there at least two dozen better players knocking about from countries like Germany, Spain, Holland, Brazil and Argentina.

WireMan

Bench
I will say it myself, English players a hugely over-rated as a rule due, mainly due to the profile of the Premiership and the brilliant markateers that go with it.

Realistically, David Beckham was never a '20 in the world' player yet was able to dine at football's top table after being marketed to within an inch of his life!

Lampard is on about a par with him - there at least two dozen better players knocking about from countries like Germany, Spain, Holland, Brazil and Argentina.

To be fair, thats total garbage. English players are among the top players in the top league. Clubs are not slow to bring in foreign players (often at the expense of an English one) so any English players in the prem are their on merit, not because of some loyalty.

Lampard plays for a team that at one point could blow any other team out of the water transfer wise. Despite this abilty to spend on anyone they built their most succesful team around Lampard in attacking mid.

Realistically, Beckham was one of the best players in the best team and then went on to be a stand out player for Real Madrid. He was/is much better than Lampard.

Oh and Beckham was awesome in his day. To say otherwise is just under rating an English player because he is English.

That number 19 looks good.

20 would look better.

20-4-12 by next summer. :D