What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who could have been

Meth

Staff member
Sonny Fai is the most obvious to me.

Yow Yeh. His career couldn't have got off to a better start and it ended so abruptly and grotesquely. His attempt at a comeback was admirable, but I think we all knew it was going to be a tough ask.

Tuiaki. A very entertaining player and hard to dislike. A real shame what happened to him.

Wade McKinnon. Injury lead to the loss of a crucial yard or two of pace. Prior to that, he was explosive.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Wade McKinnon. Injury lead to the loss of a crucial yard or two of pace. Prior to that, he was explosive.

Forgot about wade, few people remember he held the record for metres gained in a single game for some time. One of those guys that doesn't look like much physique wise but when he's on was bloody hard to tackle.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wade McKinnon was a very good player. Loved him when he was at the Eels.
I think he probably did fulfill his potential though. He played plenty of First Grade, most of it at a decent level.

I remember he was captain of the Roosters first grade team yet not allowed to enter the Easts Leagues Club because his hair was too long.

Nope. He was not the Roosters captain. For most of his career at the Roosters, Arthur Beetson was the captain.

Nope. He was not the Roosters captain. For most of his career at the Roosters, Arthur Beetson was the captain.

That's right Captain but The Frog was right in that Easts Leagues had a policy that hair length couldn't pass below the collar of your shirt. Fairfax couldn't get into the club even when they won the grand final!

Ulysseus

Bench
That's right Captain but The Frog was right in that Easts Leagues had a policy that hair length couldn't pass below the collar of your shirt. Fairfax couldn't get into the club even when they won the grand final!

I imagine that policy has been thrown out?
In any case what a dumb arse policy to have to begin with.

Latest posts