What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who missed out on Grand Final winning teams due to injury/suspension...

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm not talking about guys that got injured half way through the season ( like Scott Hill and Robbie Kearns in 1999), but those that get injured/suspended very late in the season...

The only one I can think of is Steve Price in 2004...

Inferno

Coach
Not sure if you wanted Superleague as well, but Richie Barnett, missed the "Grand Final" through injury as well.

Jordan

Juniors
Peter Ryan for the Broncos in 98 if I recall correctly. I think he might have been suspended.

Jordan

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Michael Crocker - this year :sarcasm: :D (well nobody else mentioned him)

Grand final winning teams. I truely hope for his sake that the Storm lose on Sunday. I'd be disapointed for Michael to see him miss out on a premiership under such circumstances :sarcasm:

*cough*go the broncos*cough* :p

strewth_mate

Bench
Newcastle in 1997, in the game against Parra late in the season where Johns broke his ribs, Matt Gidley broke his leg... not particularly significant but it means that Johns would have otherwise not been the only surviving player from the 97 grand final (although now that MacDougall has come back...)

Quigs

Immortal
Greg Pierce -1978, Sharks Captain and Kangaroo suspended....

1978 - Thanks Hollywood ...

p-g-pierce.jpg

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts