What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players who never reached their potential

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Thats the one that hurts me most from the Warriors (apart from Fai for obvious reasons). He was really looking the goods in his last season despite playing in a seriously underperforming team, one of the most destructive props I've ever seen ball in hand, but the massive overspending the club did at the time signing Wiki and Price left no room to retain him when the big ESL offers came in. So like Laiutiiti and David Solomona he ended up getting fat and still killing it in the ESL, but nowhere near what he should have acheived in the NRL and for the kiwis.

Yep, but you have to whisper it now because we're not allowed to criticise the signing of Rubes (who still won't f*ck off).

axl rose

Bench
im sorry, i just remebr he had few stunning games in 03, like one agaisnt the broncs

Didn't they call him the Michael Jordan of Rugby League? little wonder. The Warriors game plan was basically pass to him or Stacey Jones, and with good reason. Felt like every time he touched it there was going to be a line break.

They go over to England makes millions and just plod along until the end of thier careers, what a waste of talent.

moik

Bench
Luke Goodwin.

Saw him on Chooseday night football playing for the dogs.

An amazing talent.

axl rose

Bench
Luke Goodwin.

Saw him on Chooseday night football playing for the dogs.

An amazing talent.

Ted Goodwin talked about him on the Footy show once. Apparently he was messed up from being in the car when Ben Alexander was killed. Although as you say, he played good football for a short time with the dogs after that.

Fibroman

First Grade
Ron Jeremy. Went into directing too early. Had many more years in front of him as a player.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Didn't they call him the Michael Jordan of Rugby League? little wonder. The Warriors game plan was basically pass to him or Stacey Jones, and with good reason. Felt like every time he touched it there was going to be a line break.

In 02 it was pretty much impossible stopping his offloads, I remember him getting 12 away in one game, and all of them going to hand. He was pretty quick and agile for a 112kg player too.