What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated...

Mr Saab

Referee
Odel Manuel
Albert Fulavai
Marc Ellis
Garrick Morgan

I thought these guys would go all the way to the top in league.

schnitzel

Juniors
James Evans was the next big thing in the raiders backline around 2002... broke his leg and was never the same. Now in ESL.

McLovin

Staff member
macavity said:
Paul Franze - absolute gun for us in lower grades - went to the Sharks for big $$$ (do I see a trend?) and they rushed him way too early. Fcucked his knee and lost 3 years playing on one leg, then went to play Onion in England. Back playing for us in PL and looking pretty good, starting to get some confidence back - but if he was in Smithy's plans he would have played by now. Cant see him getting another NRL run unless we have alot of injuries, although he prob deserves one, Tighe's decent game yesterday notwithstanding.

He was actually pretty bloody good in his first year at the Sharks. Good for a try and very solid in defence. I loved the bloke. Then the knee injury got him...

Iafeta

Referee
Poor old Danny Sullivan - I hoped he would resurrect his career at the Warriors.

Tevita Latu - he started off like a cat on a hot tin roof, making breaks everywhere.

Lance Hohaia - 2002, and early 2003 he looked like he could be the best five eighth in the game and take over from Stacey Jones as Warriors halfback. Now he's a below average centre.

Tony Martin - There were big wraps on the guy, I remember him being real good at Melbourne. And then he was the wizz bang goal kicker in England apparently. Now he's a below average centre.

Epalahame Lauaki - Had the size and power to be anything. And has been anything... but consistently good.

Iafeta Paleaaesina - I though the move to Wigan would be great, big cash, he'd be a starting prop who'd develop some serious minutes ability to use along with that raw power, come back to the Warriors and kill it. Haven't heard much about him up there at all.

Louis Anderson - came into grade really well, was the Junior Kiwis captain. Now he's just a reckless penalty merchant.

Grant Rovelli - Developed great last year, now.... zzzzzz

Anthony Swann - he was a line breaker to start off with. Then, turned to nothing.

Brady Malam - was good at going to the line, hitting and spinning, and offloaded. Then I don't know where he went.

Grant Young - when he played against Auckland for South Queensland, he was unstoppable. Then he played for the Kiwis, and the Poms couldn't stop him. Then he comes to the Warriors, and he's forgotten how to catch.

Monty Betham - injuries, and ill discipline. Say no more.

Shontayne Hape - injuries, and a lack of faith from the Warriors. Strangely enough we are lacking a line breaking centre.........

Thomas Leuluai - he's the great mans son, he's the shiznit. Except he couldn't kick, pass, or run.

Choppies

Coach
Ben Wennington or Wellington can't remember exactly but he was a big front rower with mongrel. Played a few games in 2003 and did alright. Heard he got ill and not sure what hes doing now.

t-ba

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Brandon Pearson/Costin

Seems to have an editorial in the sports section of every Local Newspaper on Brisbane's Southside these days.

eels_fan

First Grade
Danny sullivan was a class player

he definately had the opportunity to represent his country, unfortunately injuries stole that away from him. I was hoping he would have resurrected his career at the warriors but it never eventuated

Wise Katerivata - what a crappy player. Never liked him. Didnt he go to england ??

badav

Bench
Some of these have already been mentioned but for me the biggest one is Tame Tupou. Watched his debut game round 26, 04' and thought he was going to be a superstar. Back then he was Gary Tupou. Turned out to big clumsy winger.

Big Pete

Referee
Tame "Gary" Tupou - Rated this guy as the future Wendall Sailor of the club. Did stuff all in '05, looked promising in '06 until he got injured, then in '07 lost all confidence and started playing as if he didn't want to be here anymore.

Motu Tony - Played one awesome game against Parramatta for us back in 2004 then we never keep him although he would've been more than handy out at hooker. Instead we had Neville Costigan player hooker, speaking of Costigan...

Neville Costigan - Had an awesome 2004 season and looked like the ideal replacement for Tallis, now he's a decent player.

Brett Seymour - Looked like our halfback saviour, got injured in 2005 and his confidence dropped to the point where Shane Perry could outplay him.

Scott Prince - I liked the look of him out at the Broncos and considered him a future Origin player. Wasn't wrong there and the move to the Tigers did him well, very happy for Scotty.

Leon Bott - Had so many wraps coming into 2005 and then...averageeeee. I think he had one or two good games and then dropped. Currently trying to get a contract with the Dogs however that's been put on hold as he suffered a bad knee injury.

John Doyle - Saw him playing Origin 2001, thought he'd be there for awhile and become a real Cowboys stalwart, then he retires out of the blue. Went to the Roosters and then I guess either retires or gets released.

David Stagg - After he broke the record for most tackles saw him as our workhorse player. He was also decent in support play, sadly he's become really inconsistent and it's really hard sometimes to tell if he's on the field or not.

Sam Thaiday - I still rate this guy and consider him the next Gorden Tallis.

DeeGan

Bench
ATTENTION: All Balmain Tigers fans - remember the name Michael Brown? Some of older members will remember 'the next Ben Elias' fondly. When he subbed for Benny he was awesome, when he got his chance to be the long term hooker he just didn't live up to the billing that was bestowed up him.

The other guy who stood out was Royston Lightning (Canberra). Former Erindale College star and Australian schoolboy who couldn't quite bring his high school form to the NRL for the Raiders. Now playing somewhere in the CRL. A pity, with a name like his he was a marketing dream.

Dave Q

Coach
John Wilson, a great player and an ever better bloke.

Cutting them up for Les Catalans.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Chris Lawler - Really had talent, never had focus

Michael Eden - Had all the goods to be the best centre in the game, just didn't bring them all toegther in any one game.

Scott Mahon - if he could only tackle below the chin.

McLovin

Staff member
Michael Sullivan - He was a good benchie for the Sharks a few years back. Crafty little hooker. Had one good season then the league caught up. Fell off the face of the earth after that...

Mal Meninga

Bench
Hard man O'Hara was awesome in Canberra for the most part. I was a big fan of his and was pretty disappointed that he left due to mis-management after a season ending injury. Hasn't really come on at Wests either.

Latest posts