What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated...

roopy

Referee
Well, the thread asked for a subjective opinion, and idiotman tells me my subjective opinion is not a valid subjective opinion, or something.
Talk about an arrogant SOB.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
ahhh yes players who did nothing relatively speaking despite you/I rating them... that was it right?

if you don't think Rabbits and Vautin getting excited about a player influenced yours or others thinking at the time then you're thicker than the bricks that hold my house together*.

roopy said:
The quickest fall from grace was Justin Ryder.

Hit firstgrade with a bang and his hard running and elusive style coupled with crunching defence saw him being declared the next big thing within a few games in firstgrade - then someone put up a bomb and everytone in RL saw he couldn't get his 5'6" frame an inch off the ground and couldn't catch the ball anyway.

That was the end of him.

He went from future rep player to a guy not worth a run in PL in the time it took for firstgrade coaches around the country to write down he was hopeless under a high ball.

The end of him? my point was there was never really a start to him - it was because he had a cool nickname according to Ch9 that you even took notice - he was never anything other than a nickname and an ok finisher.

I still can't figure out where you got the rep talk from...

but given i'm an idiot apparently... I certainly won't figure it out with a reasonable explanation.

all class champ... all class.

* but in saying that the bricks that do hold my house together aren't all that thick so... you might be a genius for all i know.

roopy

Referee
Prodigiousman said:
ahhh yes players who did nothing relatively speaking despite you/I rating them... that was it right?

if you don't think Rabbits and Vautin getting excited about a player influenced yours or others thinking at the time then you're thicker than the bricks that hold my house together*.

The end of him? my point was there was never really a start to him - it was because he had a cool nickname according to Ch9 that you even took notice - he was never anything other than a nickname and an ok finisher.

I still can't figure out where you got the rep talk from...

but given i'm an idiot apparently... I certainly won't figure it out with a reasonable explanation.

all class champ... all class.

* but in saying that the bricks that do hold my house together aren't all that thick so... you might be a genius for all i know.
idiot

The thread asked for my opinion.
I gave my opinion.
You declared that i'm so stupid my opinion must come from hearing Ray Warren give a cute catchcry a few times.

I suppose i should immediately accept that as fact - me being so stupid i form opinions at the drop of a hat when i hear something cute and all - but for some reason your snap judgement of me has actually got me thinking that you must be some sort of arrogant prick.

Can you just explain all that to me - you being so good at telling me what i really think and all.

Phillips

Referee
tye said:
Damien Kennedy- wests backrower & raiders i think, at one stage was being talked about as a SOO prospect. Bad knee got him i think!

now playing for Parkes in group 11...

traitor! :fist:

Prodigiousman

Juniors
roopy said:
idiot

The thread asked for my opinion.
I gave my opinion.
You declared that i'm so stupid my opinion must come from hearing Ray Warren give a cute catchcry a few times.

I suppose i should immediately accept that as fact - me being so stupid i form opinions at the drop of a hat when i hear something cute and all - but for some reason your snap judgement of me has actually got me thinking that you must be some sort of arrogant prick.

Can you just explain all that to me - you being so good at telling me what i really think and all.

and one wouldn't assume you're being just as arrogant with that post now would they?

anyhoo... i'll admit it i was harsh on the ryder call and I apologise given the context of the thread. But the above post is deadset the pot calling the kettle black champ - I should've just let you stop at idiot. Ok disregard that last as a forum argument ain't worth the time it takes to write - so again apologies and I'm ready to move on champ.

Maori-Boy

Juniors
Tasesa Lavea hands down, people said he was the second coming and they were right................. OF THE PLAGUE

aqua_duck

Coach
Clinton Toopi
Rob Tanielu
Michael Russo
Kai Holland
willie manu
michael greenfield
keith galloway
manu vatuvei
brad meyers
dane carlaw
frank winterstein
peewee moke

Rohan

Juniors
Garts said:
I remember lining up against them and thinking oh sh!t, Payton and Lightening had already played first grade that year and it showed as they flogged us. Athough they lost the final to John Paul Maryong from memory. Think they had Tony Puletua and a few others in their side that season!!!! I thought Erindale were red hot favourites for the title that year!!!

We played them the following year and almost beat them. Definitely a league factory that school!

I think they had Finch, Villasanti, B Kite and a few others who went on to play first grade. They won the comp that year I think.

league

Juniors
Haumono
Lee Hookey
Ali Lauititi (spelling)

I believe big Ali had the most potential of the three........on his day he was unstopable......

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Ali certainly hasn't totally fulfilled his ability, but I don't think he belongs in this thread. He was a Kiwi international 1998-2005 and certainly one of the best ever Warriors players. At the very least he was a very good first grader, hardly belongs in this thread.

roopy

Referee
Prodigiousman said:
and one wouldn't assume you're being just as arrogant with that post now would they?

anyhoo... i'll admit it i was harsh on the ryder call and I apologise given the context of the thread. But the above post is deadset the pot calling the kettle black champ - I should've just let you stop at idiot. Ok disregard that last as a forum argument ain't worth the time it takes to write - so again apologies and I'm ready to move on champ.
yeah - i over reacted.
Sorry.
Next time i will do my usual, and just say a very quiet 'idiot' under my breath.

Nook

Bench
A few people have said Galloway?

I reckon big Keith is showing all the right signs at the moment. He's always improving and if he keeps playing like he has been when he gets on the park he'll be the Tigers best prop before long.

Dave Q

Coach
Dutchy said:
I am going to say Nik Kosef

Would of been a legend - damn injuries :(

I rated him pretty highly Kosef. A calvalcade of skills, beautiful to watch.

What about Manoa Thompson, Michael Andrews, Bruce Longbottom?

And Tricky Trindall, Craig Field.

And theres one playing now by the name of Joey Williams.

But one player stands above all others...

Latest posts