What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated...

D

Deleted member 10972

Choppies said:
Ben Wennington or Wellington can't remember exactly but he was a big front rower with mongrel. Played a few games in 2003 and did alright. Heard he got ill and not sure what hes doing now.

Wellington was a lock, 5-8 or centre.

How about Mal Kaufusi, anyone?

Mick Korkidas?

Mark Leafa?

Albert Talipeau?

LOL

Stranger

Coach
Owen Cragie

Josh Perry - Dead set could have been one of the best props in the game. Instead he ended up a fat lazy sh*t.

Craig Hall - First few times i saw him i thought he looked very good. Finished in Premmy for Knights

Clint Newton - Thought he would play SOO by now. Ended up nothing more than solid.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Mack said:
Wellington was a lock, 5-8 or centre.

How about Mal Kaufusi, anyone?

Mick Korkidas?

Mark Leafa?

Albert Talipeau?

LOL

Special K had a good season at Manly. No one has figured out how old he actually was and whether he ever had a Visa...

Eelementary

Post Whore
* Steve Witt - tore up our lower grades, displayed promise in the World 7's, moved to Newcastle, played First Grade and was cut

* Justin Tsoulos - admittedly, his career is not entirely over...However, when he burst onto the scene, he was a 115kg man-mountain with ball skills. He still is a man-mountain with ball skills - with no leg drive or aggression whatsoever

* Jack Afamasaga - played a few First Grade matches for us and did well; at times in 2004 he was our only forward actually making breaks. Since then he's moved to Manly and it's probably killed his career, because Manly's back-row won't give him a chance unless they're injured or suspended

Raider_69

Post Whore
James Evens - had a shocking leg injury and was never the same again
Mark McLinden - got f**ked around in every which position, he was a damn fine 5/8th and thats where he should have stayed
Matt Gafa - 300+ points in a single PL season, geez he looked like a star in the making
Jermaine Ale - single biggest waste of talent ive ever seen, he could have been our next Mal...

tye

Juniors
Damien Kennedy- wests backrower & raiders i think, at one stage was being talked about as a SOO prospect. Bad knee got him i think!

t-ba

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
* Jack Afamasaga - played a few First Grade matches for us and did well; at times in 2004 he was our only forward actually making breaks. Since then he's moved to Manly and it's probably killed his career, because Manly's back-row won't give him a chance unless they're injured or suspended

He's going well. He should get a bench spot next year.

Stranger

Coach
Eelementary said:
* Steve Witt - tore up our lower grades, displayed promise in the World 7's, moved to Newcastle, played First Grade and was cut

Geez he was a dud :lol:. Came to Newi with massive wraps and spent pretty much all of it in PL.

tiger_nick

Bench
Andrew Meads - Have never seen a more dominate display in a lower grades grand final by a single player then this guy for Balmain in the 1997 GF. Any knights fans who have bought the video of this grand final watch the higlights of the JF and youll see what i mean. Ball playing lock, I thought this guy couldnt miss. Played some good first grade games for us in the back half of 98 but just missed the cut for the 25 first wests tigers squad (i was told he was actually number 26) and signed with the dragons. Injuries killed him there then went to parra where he played some first grade but never really kicked on. Last i heard he was playing in france.

for the roosters

andrew lomu ... i rated him highly back a few years back now hes been all lover the shop looking to settle down

sam obst ... nuff said

stuart webb

Phillips

Referee
tiger_nick said:
Andrew Meads - Have never seen a more dominate display in a lower grades grand final by a single player then this guy for Balmain in the 1997 GF. Any knights fans who have bought the video of this grand final watch the higlights of the JF and youll see what i mean. Ball playing lock, I thought this guy couldnt miss. Played some good first grade games for us in the back half of 98 but just missed the cut for the 25 first wests tigers squad (i was told he was actually number 26) and signed with the dragons. Injuries killed him there then went to parra where he played some first grade but never really kicked on. Last i heard he was playing in france.

he played well for parra when given the chance in first grade.. although he was playing in a very poor team

Matt Head-In 2004, he showed he had a lot of talent, and a good kicking game, now he is being held out of the Dragons side by Jamie Soward and Rangi Chase, one was playing Flegg 3 years ago, the other in Arrive Alive Cup.

Nevcost

Juniors
Steve Irwin - Deadset on fire in hin debut scoring 2 tries before getting bit by a dog in New Guinea (I think) and then spent some time in the Qld Cup before get signed by Canberra then dumped recently for being in a car with Todd Carney.

John Buttigieg - This bloke was devastating particuarly in State of Origin in 2001, before putting on weight and getting a few injuries and retired early

Rob Tanielu - I saw this guy debut for the Baby Broncos and looked like being the next Petero Civoniceva. Moved to Melbourne couldn't crack a regualr spot in the team and then moved to the Cowboys and got a serious injury and had to retire last season.

Timbo

Staff member
-Peter Penaia. Other than winning the arm wrestling competition on the footy show, really did nothing.
-Mat Gafa. Was brilliant in PL, then became Elliot's 'Mr. Fix-It' in firsts, playing everwhere. Shame he never did anything.
-Jace Van Dijk. Was sure he was going to step up to first grade after killing it for ages in PL. Never even got a chance despite our severe halves issues.
-Jermaine Ale. This guy takes the prize. Roosters fans were slashing their wrists after we poached him. He played half a dozen first grade games at most, never did anything, and now probably never will.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jamie Oljinek the standout for me, Frank Stokes another

Lauaki at the Warriors hasnt kicked on
Kane Cleal, although he seems to be getting better
Chris Caruana
Colin Best, was regarded early on as the next ET
Matt Head is going backwards fast

Plenty of others but those spring to mind

I saw Palea'aesina mentioned in this thread, according to an article in RLW a couple of weeks back he is destroying it at Wigan

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Iafeta Paleaaesina - I though the move to Wigan would be great, big cash, he'd be a starting prop who'd develop some serious minutes ability to use along with that raw power, come back to the Warriors and kill it. Haven't heard much about him up there at all.

He's doing great up there, unfortunately he isn't playing alot of minutes but if he could stay on the field a bit longer he would be the best prop in SL, and the English fans love him.

innsaneink said:
Brandon Pearson/Costin

Gray Viane.

Costin now plays for my team Souths Logan in the QLD cup and he's brilliant, I guess he found his level. And Viane has actually been very good in the ESL but his team keep getting relegated to NL1, I think he's onto his third English club in two years but he still scores alot of tries for all of them. Another who found his level maybe.

Latest posts