What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players your club have signed

My Morning Coat

Juniors
Who are the players that your club have signed that you thought were going to be duds,has been, fill ins or you never heard of but ended up better than you expected.
For the warriors
Kevin Campion
Michael Luck
Jason Death
George Gatis
Krisnan Inu
Robbie Mears

Noname36

First Grade
Ben Kennedy (actually didn't rate him before hand)
Craig Smith
Zeb Taia
Matty Hilder
Chris Houston
Junior Sau

Are the ones that jump out at me for the Knights.

beave

Coach
This year for us

Glen Hall
Gavin Cooper

Both have been fantastic for us.

You could probably throw Ashton Sims into the mix as well.

Players we have signed, that are CURRENTLY at our club:

Blake Ferguson- Didn't expect to make instant impact like he has done so.
Matt Orford- Been a bit of a dud so far, but didn't have a pre-season and has only played a few games.
David Shillington- Been unbelievable. David Furner has turned him into a World class prop.
Tom-Learoyd-Lahrs- Signed from Brisbane when he was 18, and the Raiders have developed him into a World class prop
Brett White- Hasn't had as much influence as us Raiders fans would've liked.
Dane Tilse- Signed from Newcastle as a youngster, and the Raiders have developed him into a very good quality prop. Could break NSW within a few years.
Bronson Harrison- Signed from the Tigers. When he came was considered a depth player. Now one of the games most consistent players.

Last edited:

user_nat

Coach
The only player I can think of is Dane Carlaw, but he hasn't really been any better than expected.

That's just this year BTW.

Big Pete

Referee
Tom-Learoyd-Lahrs- Signed from Brisbane when he was 18, and the Raiders have developed him into a World class prop
21, he was an awesome talent but was just squeezed out because we already had Costigan, Thaiday, Eastwood and Taylor coming through.

For the Broncos:

Harvey Howard
Kevin Campion
Scott Anderson
Barry Berrigan

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Who are the players that your club have signed that you thought were going to be duds,has been, fill ins or you never heard of but ended up better than you expected.
For the warriors
Kevin Campion
Michael Luck
Jason Death
George Gatis
Krisnan Inu
Robbie Mears

James Maloney and Brent Webb both deserve to be there.

no name

Coach
Luke Capewell......
Oh wait, he is a dud.

Steve Michaels has changed my opinion of him as a player since joining the Titans. Very impressed with how he is going so far.

Mark Minichiello has improved out of site since going to the Titans, still has crucial errors in him but (see Sunday)

Raider_69

Post Whore
I could name 1000 players that we've signed that iv expected more from that we didnt get much from

but mostly when we sign a player i expect big things from them. Jason Smith, David Shillington, Bronson Harrison and Dane Tilse have been guys that have exceded expectations... although Harrison and Shillo have been ordinary this year. Tilse gets better and better each year. And Smith just played so casually and skillfully.