What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players your club have signed

perverse

Referee
Zeb Taia - complete unknown when he came. what a very pleasant surprise. one of my absolute favourite players, when he's on fire we score a lot of points on his side. i think i'm going to start calling him the Surgeon, because he is dead set clinical with his line running, offloads and ball movement.
Richie Fa'aoso - absolute journeyman, couldn't find a home. is amongst our best performers week in, week out... and once you adapt to him dropping the ball almost every match, you really start to love the bloke. he only ever drops it once, anyway. wakes him up or something. is like our Mini-MoiMoi.
Junior Sa'u - Junior watnow? another complete unknown, unwanted by Canberra. happily had him repping NZ very quickly. is actually a tad overrated by some neutral fans due to his rep status... but as a signing that came out of the blue and provided value, he has been great.
Craig Smith - i thought he was well over the hill coming to Newcastle, but provided us a brief but quality service.

i really struggled to come up with much new for the Knights... we just don't sign that many players... and there haven't been that many surprises amongst the ones we have got.

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Gavin Cooper this year has been a real surprise packet, playing awesome footy.

RWB

Bench
Kane Linnett - Despite having a great 20's record I thought he was average. Has a great all round game, unlucky not to be in First Grade at the moment.

RWB

Bench
Players we have signed, that are CURRENTLY at our club:

Blake Ferguson- Didn't expect to make instant impact like he has done so.
Matt Orford- Been a bit of a dud so far, but didn't have a pre-season and has only played a few games.
David Shillington- Been unbelievable. David Furner has turned him into a World class prop.
Tom-Learoyd-Lahrs- Signed from Brisbane when he was 18, and the Raiders have developed him into a World class prop
Brett White- Hasn't had as much influence as us Raiders fans would've liked.
Dane Tilse- Signed from Newcastle as a youngster, and the Raiders have developed him into a very good quality prop. Could break NSW within a few years.
Bronson Harrison- Signed from the Tigers. When he came was considered a depth player. Now one of the games most consistent players.

Nah you guys are just geniuss, couldn't believe the lack of enthusiasm from Canberra fans when you guys signed him. Was always a great prop just needed a club where he could get decent minutes and be the leader.

nqcowboy87

Bench
Justin Smith - didnt know anything about him but he was solid as a rock for us
Shane Tronc -came from nowehere and really had a good few seasons for us
Steve "bluey" Southern -was signed from st goerge illawaras premire league side but in reality had been playing reserve grade for dapto and within two years was touted as nsw possibility, shame his form tapered off
David Faiumu - another bolt from nowehere, came on as a superub with a lethal left foot step out of dummy half and earned himself a nz test sopot, too bad he got busted for assault plus his form did taper off as well

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Who are the players that your club have signed that you thought were going to be duds,has been, fill ins or you never heard of but ended up better than you expected.
For the warriors
Kevin Campion
Michael Luck
Jason Death
George Gatis
Krisnan Inu
Robbie Mears

I don't really think any of those players were duds (or in the case of Luck and Inu- have been so far)

My list would be-

Dean Bell
John Kirwan
Dennis Betts
Andy Platt
Marc Ellis
Mark Carter
Matthew Ridge
Lee Oudenryn
Tyran Smith
Michael Crockett

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i remember the post on this site when the warriors signed george gatis. we all thought it was a wind up with a typical numpty name and were shocked when we realised it was real.

he definitely performed well.

I could name 1000 players that we've signed that iv expected more from that we didnt get much from

but mostly when we sign a player i expect big things from them. Jason Smith, David Shillington, Bronson Harrison and Dane Tilse have been guys that have exceded expectations... although Harrison and Shillo have been ordinary this year. Tilse gets better and better each year. And Smith just played so casually and skillfully.

most people knew bronson would be a very good player,its just sheens who messed him up

Iafeta

Referee
i remember the post on this site when the warriors signed george gatis. we all thought it was a wind up with a typical numpty name and were shocked when we realised it was real.

he definitely performed well.

I was happy when we signed him. I remember a year or two before that in Townsville he ripped us apart. Always seemed to me to give good clean ball and play nice and direct out of dummy half engaging markers.

Paul Dezolt had to be a wind up though.

Latest posts