What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plea to England, NZ and PNG for the 4N..

Coastbloke

Bench
This is a post to all the players and officials for the English, Kiwi and Kumul Four Nations squads..

Australia doesn't respect you..

For 2 months now, I have had to listen Australian player after Australian player dribble about State of Origin football being the pinnacle of the TGG that is Rugby League. Just before Origin 1 I heard Ben Creagh bleat about how he was 'honoured' by his national call up, but found Kiwi defence 'soft' compared to the Origin intensity. Tahu was another. Kade Snowden another.

There's quite a few Tests that sh*t on any Origin game I've seen and totally deserved the 60,000-80,000 crowds Origin gets..These come to mind off the top of my head..

1. 2008 WC final
2. 2006 Tri Nations final.
3. 2006 Lions victory over Kangaroos
4. 2009 Kangaroos vs Kiwis in London

1992 and 1995 WC finals are inspirational and I wonder what some of these players above would have thought wearing the Green and Gold and listening to the 70,000 crowds at Wembley..

So, to the Poms, Kiwis and Kumuls. I ask you are a favour. I want you to let the Kangaroos know they are in a Test match. Take it to the legal limit. The Australians MUST know they are playing the TOP level. I'm not necessarily saying you have to beat us - I am a Aussie after all :D - but the Kangaroos must come off the field at full time wondering what the hell they got themselves into..

I want some of these misguided players to know that the jersey they are wearing is the most important jersey they will ever wear and I want the players in the other teams to know that those players in the Green and Gold don't respect you because you aren't wearing a sky blue or maroon jersey..

Thanks and...game on..

Jose93

Juniors
So just get Adrian Morley to try and kill everyone? Ok, I'm sure that can be arranged. But he needs to last longer than 10 seconds. That can be done judged on refereeing currently.

druzik

Juniors
This is a post to all the players and officials for the English, Kiwi and Kumul Four Nations squads..

Australia doesn't respect you..

For 2 months now, I have had to listen Australian player after Australian player dribble about State of Origin football being the pinnacle of the TGG that is Rugby League. Just before Origin 1 I heard Ben Creagh bleat about how he was 'honoured' by his national call up, but found Kiwi defence 'soft' compared to the Origin intensity. Tahu was another. Kade Snowden another.

There's quite a few Tests that sh*t on any Origin game I've seen and totally deserved the 60,000-80,000 crowds Origin gets..These come to mind off the top of my head..

1. 2008 WC final

1992 and 1995 WC finals are inspirational and I wonder what some of these players above would have thought wearing the Green and Gold and listening to the 70,000 crowds at Wembley..

So, to the Poms, Kiwis and Kumuls. I ask you are a favour. I want you to let the Kangaroos know they are in a Test match. Take it to the legal limit. The Australians MUST know they are playing the TOP level. I'm not necessarily saying you have to beat us - I am a Aussie after all :D - but the Kangaroos must come off the field at full time wondering what the hell they got themselves into..

I want some of these misguided players to know that the jersey they are wearing is the most important jersey they will ever wear and I want the players in the other teams to know that those players in the Green and Gold don't respect you because you aren't wearing a sky blue or maroon jersey..

Thanks and...game on..

Here here! Couldn't of said it better!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

1. 2008 WC final

Well said, I've never understood why our tests sometimes only draw 30'000 when you know that it's almost guaranteed to be a great game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Well said, I've never understood why our tests sometimes only draw 30'000 when you know that it's almost guaranteed to be a great game.

I've gone to every test in Sydney in the last few years...and can't remember any of them being good games or even offering a good atmosphere. Aus v NZ at the SCG a couple of years back sticks out as being particularly boring...there was a mexican wave ffs

roughyedspud

Coach
who the hell is kade snowden* and wft the f**k does he know about comparing origin to tests??

* i know who he is...

and the really reason most origin forwards say its more intense is because its an even battle between the 2 sets of packs.....where as in tests,especially in the past couple of years, the australia pack has been totally dominated by both the kiwi and english packs and they are'nt to keen to hype the battle when they've been mullered and more often than not its the backs like thurston,inglis & slater that have dug the forwards out of the sh!t..

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
who the hell is kade snowden* and wft the f**k does he know about comparing origin to tests??

* i know who he is...

and the really reason most origin forwards say its more intense is because its an even battle between the 2 sets of packs.....where as in tests,especially in the past couple of years, the australia pack has been totally dominated by both the kiwi and english packs and they are'nt to keen to hype the battle when they've been mullered and more often than not its the backs like thurston,inglis & slater that have dug the forwards out of the sh!t..

Can't disagree with that.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Ben Creagh has a point though. If he said that the defence isnt as intense against the Kiwis, thats a challenge for NZ to overcome. Cant blame us for thinking that. I really hope that England and New Zealand get to the point of being able to beat Australia all the time, and every game is 50/50, but dont blame us for knowing how good we are and dont blame us for saying SOO is the most competitive match in RL. It is after all.

roughyedspud

Coach
the word 'intense' is the most myth-riddled label in RL....and define competitive....

QLD wins 5 series on the trot..its intense,competitive blah blah blah..

australia wins 5,6,7 ashes series against GB/eng....mainly 2-1 wins..a few 3-0..just like SoO..but you all describe GB/eng as not competitve enough..less intense etc...

and for the record..the recent set of games between wigan-st helens-leeds have been the most "intense/competitve" games of RL i've seen anywhere in the world this year...and i watch NRL AND THE 1st & 2nd origin games this year...

RHCP

Bench
I think it's a confidence thing. New Zealand have really started taking it to Australia recently with much poorer teams on paper.

The Kangaroos aura is starting to wear off imo, at least to the Kiwis. England will probably follow suit soon enough now that Burgess & Ellis have been so successful in the Australian competition.

PNG have a long way to go though.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
the word 'intense' is the most myth-riddled label in RL....and define competitive....

QLD wins 5 series on the trot..its intense,competitive blah blah blah..

australia wins 5,6,7 ashes series against GB/eng....mainly 2-1 wins..a few 3-0..just like SoO..but you all describe GB/eng as not competitve enough..less intense etc...

and for the record..the recent set of games between wigan-st helens-leeds have been the most "intense/competitve" games of RL i've seen anywhere in the world this year...and i watch NRL AND THE 1st & 2nd origin games this year...

Yeah, difference is, NSW havent been getting beaten rather consistantly by 30-40 odd points most games. And you can hardly compare Qld's 5 year dominance with Australias 30 year dominance. And the Australian dominance has been emphatic and unquestionable (up until 5 years ago where its been shaken)

The reason why Origin is more intense then most test footy (you can rubbish the word "intense" all you like, but its a factor and you know it) is because players know they have to lift a level to beat the opposite state. When Australia play, we dont need to lift asmuch as we know that if we just fall into our structures and cruise, we will smash all opposition (but NZ really have turned a corner which is great for them)

Name me an English team that could put fear into Australia. Tell me any nation that makes us question our dominance. NZ have found a way to beat us and compete, but we are still beating them more often then not.

langpark

First Grade
So just get Adrian Morley to try and kill everyone? Ok, I'm sure that can be arranged. But he needs to last longer than 10 seconds. That can be done judged on refereeing currently.
that actually turned out to be one of the best test matches i've ever seen. The way GB fought for 80 mins a man down and were only beaten in the dying minutes of the game. Was also nice to see a few with the balls to send a player off like that, you would NEVER see that in the NRL, even a flykick to the head wouldn't be enough.

roughyedspud

Coach
tonights hull fc v hull kr game shows exactly what i mean about the intensity myth.....both teams...no great shakes either of them...but tonights game was right up there with anything i've seen in origin...and as nearly intense as the wigan-st helens-ledds games a few week ago...

and responding to a earlier post...the australia team does'nt strike the fear into us.....thurston,lockyer,inglis and slater does....highlighting the statement i made earlier about the australia backs digging the australia forwards out the sh*t in most games.....and in most games theres rarely a try or 2 in it...not 30 or 40 points..only 3 times in the last 10 years i'd say you've stuffed us sydney in 2002,tri nations final 2004 & melbourne 2008...i'm not ashamed of that...likewise us beating australia by 10-12 points..like we did in huddersfield 2001,wigan 2004,sydney 2006...we'd consider fairly comfortable....

you are'nt scary anymore...the australia myth and the NRL intensity myth is busted*

* i've just gotta make my way into the england dressing room to tell everyone that...lol

smacky

Juniors
The problem with england is they have a pack that can give it to australia but their backs are so far behind australias backs that australia can afford to lose the battle of the forwards and still win comfortabley.

westie

Bench
That would be helped by a proper forward rotation and actually picking some units on the bench instead of wondering why Australia came good at the 60th minute when all the pommy big boys went off.