What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

Fangs

Coach
There's a lot of truth to this statement. I was thinking exactly this during the game. Look at Bellamy, still shaking his head and blasting the players even after just winning the Premiership...

Meanwhile, other coaches are consistently picking underperforming players, allowing boys-clubs to form within their organisations, getting bullied and dictated to by self-important and archaic boards with zero footy knowledge, meanwhile lacking a big enough set of plums to make the tough calls when needed whilst tolerating destructive player tantrums.

There are only a few coaches who don't do these things and they are the ones who win.

Further to that, they have a whole organisation who are behind it. Even the old grandma who mans the front desk at head office.

No bullshit from assistant coaches or trainers. All of them are on the same page and kick the same chairs that Bellamy does.

Danish

Referee
If you have next to no junior league competion and spend nothing on running those
you bring nothing to the game .
You cant have any future expansion without players ....clubs who dont bring that need to be culled .Im looking at you Roosters and Storm and though you may argue that is a successful model atm what happens when clubs like mine stop spending 5m a year running those competitions ?
Do you just raid other sports and train them to learn how to play rugba league ?
Hopefully V'landys has a better strategic plan than his predecessors .
Just food for thought as i love the game .

Don't forget souths. Souths haven't paid a zac to junior development in decades. In fact they used to actually syphon money directly out of junior football given Souths Juniors was the major sponser of Souths for a while back in the day.

also, do Panthers actually spend $5 mill per year on the junior comp? I read earlier this year that closing junior competitions for the year was costing penrith $25 million in revenue.

Port Panther

Juniors
Could be true 10,000 plus kids playing ....the leagues club lost a motza couldnt cash in on a good season ...hoping they can bounce back and have successfull season next year .
Covid has definetly thrown a spanner in the works for the production line .

soc123_au

Staff member
Don't forget souths. Souths haven't paid a zac to junior development in decades. In fact they used to actually syphon money directly out of junior football given Souths Juniors was the major sponser of Souths for a while back in the day.

also, do Panthers actually spend $5 mill per year on the junior comp? I read earlier this year that closing junior competitions for the year was costing penrith $25 million in revenue.
I think you will find the 25 million revenue drop is due to covid in general. The only way you make 25 million running junior comps is all the kids on the losing teams get their organs harvested & sold to China. Not a very sustainable model.

adamkungl

Immortal
Geez you cocks fans are cocky aye?
FYI: Bulldogs have won 6 comps since 1980, Cocks have won 4. Maybe not recently, but the Bulldogs actually know something about the whole 'winning' thing. Easts weren't in a GF between 1981-1999. Not so cocky then aye?

Oddly arbitrary year choice there.

The way Easts fans carry on you'd think they've won most comps since 2000, but nah, they've won a few comps in the last 2 decades. 3 of them in the most recent decade, which is the only thing worth gloating about.

Easts have won the most comps since 2000
2000 is literally the last 2 decades
What are you on about

They won't get near the trophy next year either.

Probably not.

Sorry to upset you bud
I was just saying Bulldogs have a very big fanbase, but the last few years hasn't exactly been kind to them. I'm sure they'll be up there again.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
But will you show patience for a outcome ? or will the cental coast be abandoned yet again ? Remember patience is a virtue and you dont possess it.....Kyle Flanno is a good case in point.....CHECKMATE!

Pretty sure we showed some patience with Mitchell Pearce for about 10 years
Sam Perrett, Shaun Kenny Dowall, Anthony Tupou, Jake Friend, Mitch Aubusson, etc etc...

Geez you cocks fans are cocky aye?

FYI: Bulldogs have won 6 comps since 1980, Cocks have won 4. Maybe not recently, but the Bulldogs actually know something about the whole 'winning' thing. Easts weren't in a GF between 1981-1999. Not so cocky then aye?

The way Easts fans carry on you'd think they've won most comps since 2000, but nah, they've won a few comps in the last 2 decades. 3 of them in the most recent decade, which is the only thing worth gloating about.

They won't get near the trophy next year either.

Not as bad as opposition fans bitching and moaning that we participate in too many grand finals. The ones who regularly threaten to boycott the GF if we’re in it again are my favourite of all.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hopefully V'landys has a better strategic plan than his predecessors .
If Vlandys wanted to support clubs who do the development heavy lifting, especially the one whose season just ended 2 days ago, he would have put back the cutoff date for other clubs to swoop in like vultures. It appears to me he wants to even up the comp by allowing the development clubs to be cannibalised, since the salary cap doesn't work.

The_Frog

First Grade
There's a lot of truth to this statement. I was thinking exactly this during the game. Look at Bellamy, still shaking his head and blasting the players even after just winning the Premiership...
They were in the most miniscule danger of losing after having led 26-0. That is what Bellyache was having aneurisms over.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Oddly arbitrary year choice there.

Easts have won the most comps since 2000 , hmm this is as oddly arbitrary as my last 4 decades.

2000 is literally the last 2 decades
What are you on about

The point was (in the last half century) Easts have only been successful in the last two decades, with the 2 preceding, a whole lotta nuthin'. Also, go back one year more and Easts are equal with the Storm, and they had another two taken from them.

Probably not.

Sorry to upset you bud
I was just saying Bulldogs have a very big fanbase, but the last few years hasn't exactly been kind to them. I'm sure they'll be up there again.

Fair enough if sincere. Just don't put Dogs and Parra in the same basket as the dogs have won several comps since Parra last won one and have been in several other GFs in that time. Parra has only been in two since '86.

Not as bad as opposition fans bitching and moaning that we participate in too many grand finals. The ones who regularly threaten to boycott the GF if we’re in it again are my favourite of all.

I'm not one of them, because Easts don't. It just seems like that, because they've been in, and won a few in recent history. Everyone remembers recent years much clearer obviously. Ten years ago it seemed like all GFs were Storm and Melbourne.

Pantherjim.

Referee
At least for those new to following the NRL, I’ve personally never understood the attraction of supporting clubs who essentially have a parasitical relationship with other clubs in terms of poaching off their local junior development.

But perhaps I’m simply stuck in the 80’s/90’s and talking out of my arse?

Latest posts