What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

Slackboy72

Coach
Kind of hope these rumours to be true just to justify our season. Highly doubt it though, the screenshot I was sent last night was from back in Mid-July. Story would have been printed by now.

Yeah I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
It's really very sad.

Vee

First Grade
I’ll take the job.

First order of business will be to change the colours to the 'mud and blood' of Wests Panthers and the name from Broncos to Devils.

View attachment 40787

Second order will be to compensate all BRL clubs and bring back the Logan Scorpions, Pastoral Brothers Leprechauns and Fortitude Valley Diehards.

Murdoch and Broncos are loaded. Time they gave back to the RL community everything they've taken from it since 1988.
Norths are the Devils in Brisbane. Logan Scorpions didn't exist in the top flight when the Donkeys started.

nick87

Coach
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/080d33be1b290ed321866255def5e97d

Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold calls police over vicious rumours

Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
August 11, 2020 5:53pm
Subscriber only
Embattled Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has called in police to investigate slanderous posts on social media about his personal life.

Seibold has hired Brisbane legal firm Howden Saggers, who issued the following statement on Tuesday night, confirming police action.

“This statement is to address the allegations which have been recently made in relation to Brisbane Broncos Coach, Anthony Seibold in the last twenty-four hours,” it read.

“Due to the allegations which have circulated online and in other forums, Mr. Seibold has engaged Dave Garratt of Howden Saggers Lawyers to act on his behalf.

“At the appropriate time, this matter will be reported to the Queensland Police Service and other appropriate authorities for their consideration.

“Given the nature of these matters both personal and legal, no further comment will be made until such time as it has been considered by the Queensland Police Service and other appropriate authorities.”

Seibold is living in his home in Brisbane for two weeks in isolation.

He stayed in Sydney after the Broncos’ game against South Sydney last Friday night to attend to an urgent family matter.

As i see it the only reason to retained counsel on social media rumours is if there is something to really worry about and you want to put the fear of god into news organsiations not to publish shit unless they're very confident their sources will hold up. I've seen the rumours from a few difficult spots and whilst some of the details change, the through line remains pretty consistent

Too much smoke on this for me to believe there is no fire.

As i see it the only reason to retained counsel on social media rumours is if there is something to really worry about and you want to put the fear of god into news organsiations not to publish shit unless they're very confident their sources will hold up. I've seen the rumours from a few difficult spots and whilst some of the details change, the through line remains pretty consistent

Too much smoke on this for me to believe there is no fire.
Paywall

Chimp

Bench
Interestingly there’s no ‘my client vehemently denies these allegations’ type line in his lawyers statement.

Also, it’s not yet been reported to the Police, it will be ‘reported at an appropriate time’ - what are they waiting for? What is a more appropriate time? If the allegations are entirely false, they’re already out there on social media, so why wouldn’t reporting them immediately be appropriate?

Artiste

Juniors
Can someone tell me what these ‘rumours’ are?
Why is no one mentioning them in any detail
How bad is it?

I'm a bit late to the party... just saw the rumours.

Holy s**t, there's no way this can be true but if they are, this is the worst season for any club in history! F**k...the Broncos are truly an embarrassment to Rugby League. Finally in the spotlight as the cancer to the game they've always been. Worth the wait.

Artiste

Juniors
I'm a bit late to the party... just saw the rumours.

Holy s**t, there's no way they can be true but if they are, this is the worst season for any club in history! F**k...the Broncos are truly an embarrassment to Rugby League. Finally in the spotlight as the cancer to the game they've always been. Worth the wait.
What’s the story mate?
I can’t find any details

Artiste

Juniors
I got it sent to me. There are quite a few huge allegations. I'm not saying anything here, I've had accounts banned for way less...

Check Twitter if it hasn't been taken down.
Must be taken down can’t find shit
IF you don’t feel comfortable mentioning it, no worries mate

Chimp

Bench
The only thing that can make this season worse for the Broncos is if Kevin Walters gets the job.
That would be awesome - the slide would continue, and the added bonus, all the QLD morons like Tallis and co who’ve been championing Kevvie and pushing for him to get the job would also be shown up along the way.... would be delicious!

That would be awesome - the slide would continue, and the added bonus, all the QLD morons like Tallis and co who’ve been championing Kevvie and pushing for him to get the job would also be shown up along the way.... would be delicious!
The club would almost fold. Second Brisbane team would come in and be big brother right off the bat. Glorious.

Honestly, this is Karma for all the News Ltd dodgy books and delusions of grandeur that the Broncos success was built on. All have been torn down and exposed. No sympathy from many in the game. Their cap is trashed too...this isn't a quick fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Vision

First Grade
The club would almost fold. Second Brisbane team would come in and be big brother right off the bat. Glorious.

Honestly, this is Karma for all the News Ltd cheating, dodgy books and delusions of grandeur that the Broncos success was built on. All have been torn down and exposed. No sympathy from many in the game. Their cap is trashed too...this isn't a quick fix.
and all these supporters abandoning them .....fair weather supporters who cant bother to support the club when its down.....says everything about the club really.

Latest posts