What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Seibold's days are numbered now.

The man with the largest private stake in the Broncos, property tycoon Phil Murphy, has labelled coach Anthony Seibold a "cancer" that "has not been cut out".

On Monday night, Murphy, who owns 22 per cent of the club, didn't mince his words when he offered up his thoughts on the scenario.

"It's like having a cancer and it has not been cut out," He told Nine's chief rugby league reporter Danny Weidler.

"If you don't treat the cancer you die and I don't want to see the Broncos die."

https://amp.nine.com.au/article/3e49f531-0768-47c8-98f5-569e58040ba4

Wow, what a merkin. No doubt Seibold sucks, but what a merkiny thing to say.

flippikat

Bench
Seibold's days are numbered now.

The man with the largest private stake in the Broncos, property tycoon Phil Murphy, has labelled coach Anthony Seibold a "cancer" that "has not been cut out".

That's horrendous. I can understand wanting to let him go, but this is pretty much workplace bullying - right in the open.. and the kind of dehumanising hate that says more about Murphy than Seibold.

I genuinely hope he stays, coaches, and fights his way out of this. Doubt it’ll pan out that way but anyway...

Thought I’d never see the day where I had sympathy for a broncos coach.

Silent Knight

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/6e341ebd0120493233c770f10927e498

Well there you have it. Champion Broncos fullback Darius Boyd, beloved by Newcastle and Brisbane fans everywhere for his whole-hearted performances every week has called for Broncos and Queensland legend Kevvie Pashun Walters to take on the adversity of being Broncos coach. And when it comes to adversity, Kevin knows how to produce it. Look at his time at Catalans.

The man who tries too hard every week says:

“If that was the case (him getting the job), the way the Broncos went, I’m sure the fans and everyone in rugby league would get behind him.”

I can definitely get behind Kevvie as Broncos coach. In fact I think all of LU would warm to the idea.

flippikat

Bench
I really hope Seibs digs his heels in now for a bigger payout then sues the arse off the Broncos organisation for causing emotional distress. Can't believe a shareholder would so brazenly call an individual a cancer to be cut out.

Putting aside all issues of decency & professional conduct (and that's a lot to put aside), those comments are incredibly tone-deaf.. given all the public campaigns against bullying & for mental health awareness.

Just look at the storm that's come out over the workplace culture at Ellen DeGeneres TV show.

Reflector

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/6e341ebd0120493233c770f10927e498

Well there you have it. Champion Broncos fullback Darius Boyd, beloved by Newcastle and Brisbane fans everywhere for his whole-hearted performances every week has called for Broncos and Queensland legend Kevvie Pashun Walters to take on the adversity of being Broncos coach. And when it comes to adversity, Kevin knows how to produce it. Look at his time at Catalans.

The man who tries too hard every week says:

“If that was the case (him getting the job), the way the Broncos went, I’m sure the fans and everyone in rugby league would get behind him.”

I can definitely get behind Kevvie as Broncos coach. In fact I think all of LU would warm to the idea.

Can't wait for them to sign Billy Walters and cut to Gordie for the live reaction...