What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please give use som ad lib football

On Rein the longer it drags out the more likely he may move on.

Segeyaro won't be coming either from what I have heard.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
On Rein the longer it drags out the more likely he may move on.

Segeyaro won't be coming either from what I have heard.

I think the longer it drags out, the less opportunities will be available for Rein. Teams need to have rosters settled soon for next year. Then again, Parra may need a hooker?
We may give him an ultimatum and sign by a set date, or we move on.
Just an opinion...

Minh

First Grade
If Rein is moved on, maybe Jackson Hastings or Nikorima from the Broncos would be worth a shot there. I like Rein, he can be a very good player but he doesn't possess a great footy brain in the spur of the moment. Hardness and effort 9/10, creativity and skills 5.5/10 IMO....

giboz71

First Grade
I see the similarities between Daley and Mary. They both love no frills, dependable players who run and tackle hard all day. Great for the fantasy football stats. Gallen and Dugan are both favourites of theirs.

Problem is, these sorts of players whilst having great individual stats, rarely help their team win. There's no fluke that NSW have lost 9/10 series, mostly with Gallen as captain. He's all about his own stats, the antithesis of someone like Thurston who thrives on making his team mates around him look good.

Dragons have too many of these type of robotic players too, who like to stick to structures and nothing else. And when that structure is poor due to poor coaching, then Dragons footy is the result.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think we were too hasty in dropping Mann.
If his defence was suss, why not have him swap with Dugan in defence, then swap back when attacking.
In fact, they could trial this now with Flo.

Old Timer

Coach
I see the similarities between Daley and Mary. They both love no frills, dependable players who run and tackle hard all day. Great for the fantasy football stats. Gallen and Dugan are both favourites of theirs.

Problem is, these sorts of players whilst having great individual stats, rarely help their team win. There's no fluke that NSW have lost 9/10 series, mostly with Gallen as captain. He's all about his own stats, the antithesis of someone like Thurston who thrives on making his team mates around him look good.

Dragons have too many of these type of robotic players too, who like to stick to structures and nothing else. And when that structure is poor due to poor coaching, then Dragons footy is the result.

Succinctly put.

Gallen stated he wanted to leave NSW a legacy.

Well he has and it won't be easily erased.

The only player that gets close is that DH Brandy Alexander who was the losingest (if there is such a word) half back ever to play origin.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
all coaches are just trying to protect their own jobs..its like watching the same thing in most clubs just different jerseys..5 hit ups and kick wait for a mistake....even in interviews the players say we go to play to our structures ..this is what is actually killing our game..gone are the days. of mortimer chip n chase.. mundine.. blacklock...ohh how we crave for just a bit of that individual brilliance and off the cuff vision..just look how drab and boring the origin was..

giboz71

First Grade
all coaches are just trying to protect their own jobs..its like watching the same thing in most clubs just different jerseys..5 hit ups and kick wait for a mistake....even in interviews the players say we go to play to our structures ..this is what is actually killing our game..gone are the days. of mortimer chip n chase.. mundine.. blacklock...ohh how we crave for just a bit of that individual brilliance and off the cuff vision..just look how drab and boring the origin was..

Structured footy can be a great spectacle. I love watching teams like the Cowboys execute set plays perfectly. Every game, Granville, to Thurston, to Coote to Feldt or Winterstein scoring in the corner.

Nothing special about the Cows backline play. Putting the ball through the hands to a flying winger is nothing new. They teach that in Under 9's. Difference is, Cows have mastered the basics of catch and passing (something our guys can't seem to do) and you have the world's best player knowing exactly when and where to pull the trigger on the play (another thing we lack).

Watching structured teams like Cows can be just as entertaining as off the cuff footy.

Two halves and a use that loosely even if they where to be coached better would still struggle to create anything.

Marshall is way past his best and Widdop is flat out rubbish.

Marshall is not the player he was 10 years ago, however when fit easily the equal of Widdop

Neither is a good organiser. Both are running 5/8s

The people who deserve blame are not the players. Its the imbeciles who sign players upon the basis that they are talented, without thinking about whether we actually need them.

Saints were better off persevering with Sam Williams than signing Benji up.

He was the type of player who had a decent kicking game and could guide the team round the park.