What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PM's - X111 - Kiddley + Simmo

Stranger

Coach
The Chairman of the Australian Rugby League, Mr Colin Love AM, has announced that the following players have been selected to represent the ARL Prime Minister’s XIII against the Papua New Guinea Kumuls on Sunday 23rd September at Lloyd Robson Oval, Port Moresby.
Sydney Roosters skipper Craig Fitzgibbon has been named captain of the Prime Minister’s XIII in recognition of his outstanding service to Australian representative Rugby League.
PLAYER CLUB
Kurt Gidley Newcastle Knights
Steve Michaels Brisbane Broncos
Mark Gasnier Dragons
Joel Monaghan Sydney Roosters
Chris Lawrence Wests Tigers
Greg Bird Cronulla Sharks
Scott Prince Gold Coast Titans
David Shillington Sydney Roosters
Robbie Farah Wests Tigers
Luke Douglas Cronulla Sharks
Anthony Tupou Sydney Roosters
Craig Fitzgibbon (c) Sydney Roosters
Paul Gallen Cronulla Sharks
Interchange
Braith Anasta Sydney Roosters
Nate Myles Sydney Roosters
Steve Simpson Newcastle Knights
Sam Thaiday Brisbane Broncos
The team, along with the Kangaroos train-on squad, will undergo medicals and a light training run at the Sydney Football Stadium tomorrow at 12.30pm. Media is welcome to attend the session.
The Prime Minister’s XIII squad will again work with the Australian Government to help promote Papua New Guinea’s fight against HIV, AIDS and violence against women.

Source - NRL site...

cram

Bench
So do you think that means that neither Kidley or Simmo are looking at getting a start in the fair dinkum Aussi Squad?

Stranger

Coach
You wouldn't think so because there are a few players in there that should get a look in for the Aussie squad. Such as Thiaday, Anasta and Farah.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I daresay Kurt will have to pray for a bench utility spot, and even then he's up against Shaun 'The Selectors Love Me' Berrigan and Greg Bird. I think fullback will go to Bowen or Stewart.

Jono078

Referee
Steve Michaels? He was about on par with James McManus this year stats wise.

Decent Prime Ministers team though, Shillington last year was great, this year he has been poor, dont know how he made it.

macavity

Referee
Berrigan is going to the UK so wont be considered.

Kids is fighting one of Anasta/Bird for a bench spot IMO - if Anasta gets the 6, Bird will be on the bench.

roopy

Referee
the prime ministers XIII is kind of tryouts for possible tourists - so it is a huge kick in the guts for simmo to get a bench spot only.
He will battle to make the kangaroos on the strength of that.
Cory Paterson was tipped to make this side - shame he didn't.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I've pencilled Simmo and Kidz in my fair dinkum aussie side both on the bench. But I have yet to get close to picking an aussie side. I was sure Patto would get a run his better then Tupou Myles and Anasta.

otori

Juniors
Patto was practically in the running to be one of the few forward rookies of the year til we lost all our games in the back end. Our form would definitely have damaged his chance. For the record, I really think that Slater should be the Aust fullback. Does anyone agree? He's bigger than Bowen, stronger than Stewart and he's not exactly slow.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I was sure Patto would get a run his better then Tupou Myles and Anasta.

I agree on two of the three. Tupou and Myles are absolute f**king pot-plants. Anasta has been very good in the Rooster resurgence, though.

cram

Bench
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Call me bias but Simmo being out is not such a bad thing IMO.

Well I would not say u r bias, but definetely selfish and I agree with you 100% :cool:

Latest posts