What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Their success has be hugely exaggerated by the let’s copy afl crowd

dolphins have achieved more In one year than Melbourne in 25 years
wow a heartland club thats been missing for 30 years is bigger (at least at start) than a club in AFL heartland. Who'd have thought?

MugaB

Coach
welcome to 2 weeks ago lol
Sorry, but i haven't been posting as much, been a bit busy... besides this basically confirms all the strategies i posted over a year ago from this bid... Cairns is the home training base, Png is the fifo stadium, and the pasifika angle is still in play (as the minor amount of home games) png run the club, own the licence, those other bidders in bears and firedicks have been told to fk off..

Canard

Immortal
This seems to have died pretty quickly in the RL media.

Maybe the "market research" indicated a lack of support, or more importantly the government has gone cold on the idea.

Canard

Immortal
Their target is a 32 year old winger (by time 2027 rolls around)? That'll help lol
If you read the article its just Fox Sports filling some content.

There is no real substance to any of it.

Like I said, it appears to have gone very quiet, all of a sudden.

Canard

Immortal
I see the LNP in QLD are now turning the Gabba redevelopment and the Olympics into an election issue, and basically opposing the current redevelopment plan.

People are STONED if they don't think this wet fart of an idea from Albo isn't going to blow up in his face electorally

Maximus

Coach
I see the LNP in QLD are now turning the Gabba redevelopment and the Olympics into an election issue, and basically opposing the current redevelopment plan.

People are STONED if they don't think this wet fart of an idea from Albo isn't going to blow up in his face electorally

Money for stadiums and professional sporting teams is very unpopular in a time where people are struggling to put food on the table.

If it's unpopular to allocate money from the foreign aid budget to an NRL club, how will Western Australians react to the WA Gov putting money towards a potential NRL team?

The WA Gov has to take that money from some where else (IE. roads, healthcare, sports grants).

The small rugby league community in Perth will love it. Parochial fumbleball fans who couldn't give a f**k about rugby league will be against it.

Fumbleball fans in WA outnumber the state's small rugby league community. Losing votes from fumbleball fans is not a wise option.