What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Colk

First Grade
Security

so your answer is no

you know better than pvl and Wayne Bennett

Unlike you I don’t have to check PVL and Bennett for my opinions. Answer yourself this question: did you enjoy being locked up during COVID-19?

There is a reason why being locked up causes depression and why depression soared during the lockdown.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It is to me.. but I'm not a coke snorting RL marquee athlete, like the ones you guys are assuming PNG needs.. who cares who this bid attracts, we are trying to garner the papuans into their own pathway, if they get 10 wooden spoons in a row then so be it, the game isn't losing money from their existence, I don't get why all this angst around team based in a foreign country, I get that you all want to shìt on the idea, but push come to shove the NRL is a business, and having the other already established teams collect spoons isn't great for business, cowboys are a great example of sitting around the bottom of their whole existence till Thurston got them in regular finals
So why aren't these Papuans playing NRL right now?

Forget the pathways claptrap because there is already one via the Queensland cup.
And forget about money - Australia has been pouring billions of dough into png for decades and the standard of living has gone down hill.

And please don't try and play the xenophobia card because I'm not. I'm a realist, the reality is that this is a pissing money up the wall exercise that makes Albo and co feel good.

Wb1234

Referee
Unlike you I don’t have to check PVL and Bennett for my opinions. Answer yourself this question: did you enjoy being locked up during COVID-19?

There is a reason why being locked up causes depression and why depression soared during the lockdown.
They won’t be locked up

Pretty arrogant to think you know better than the people involved in this bid

you will look foolish down the track imo

Colk

First Grade
They won’t be locked up

Pretty arrogant to think you know better than the people involved in this bid

you will look foolish down the track imo

Really appeals to authority now?

Pretty foolish to believe everything you read or that people do things with the best intentions always in mind.

MugaB

Coach
So why aren't these Papuans playing NRL right now?

Forget the pathways claptrap because there is already one via the Queensland cup.
And forget about money - Australia has been pouring billions of dough into png for decades and the standard of living has gone down hill.

And please don't try and play the xenophobia card because I'm not. I'm a realist, the reality is that this is a pissing money up the wall exercise that makes Albo and co feel good.
You seem to think that the hunters had a 1st grade pathway, where did there best players go on a weekly basis? While they versed the like of Norths devils or east tigers who were drafted their players into the broncos or storm... where did the hunters go?

Wb1234

Referee
Really appeals to authority now?

Pretty foolish to believe everything you read or that people do things with the best intentions always in mind.
Chairman of the arlc
Pm of Australia
Andrew hill
Wayne Bennett

or

you

lmao

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You seem to think that the hunters had a 1st grade pathway, where did there best players go on a weekly basis? While they versed the like of Norths devils or east tigers who were drafted their players into the broncos or storm... where did the hunters go?
If they are good enough they'll get picked up by an NRL club.

Colk

First Grade
You seem to think that the hunters had a 1st grade pathway, where did their best players go on a weekly basis? While they versed the like of Norths devils or east tigers who were drafted their players into the broncos or storm... where did the hunters go?

Surely if these players were good enough or playing well enough they would be picked up by somebody?

Also, if player development was the only or the main thing then simple link them to an NRL club and pour that money into junior development

Wb1234

Referee
Surely if these players were good enough or playing well enough they would be picked up by somebody?

Also, if player development was the only or the main thing then simple link them to an NRL club and pour that money into junior development
The govt money to develop those juniors is only available if they get an nrl team

second time I’ve had to say this

MugaB

Coach

Ditto, see above

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Is it? Not sure the Government thinks that... ask for it back then... ask the moana Pasifika to close down and refund you
You do know that the NRL receiving money doesn't stop the government giving it to other codes?

So you're happy for tax payer money to be spent willynilly on a pipedream? Any money to png will be skimmed off by corruption.