What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

final say

Juniors
Look Gobby to keep you happy I'll be Tekah. Hate seeing you upset
So what's the point of your visit? Just wanted to let everyone know that you're an avid reader of the forum ( a big fan). We appreciate the support!
Personal, if I wasn't actively engaged in the conversation I would find much better things to read but I'm not a loser 🤷‍♂️

Chris Reid

Juniors
So what's the point of your visit? Just wanted to let everyone know that you're an avid reader of the forum ( a big fan). We appreciate the support!
Personal, if I wasn't actively engaged in the conversation I would find much better things to read but I'm not a loser 🤷‍♂️
Mate it's an entertaining forum. I particularly find yours, Wally, Nick and a few others input entertaining.
After all This is what sport is for, entertainment. I hope that's alright by you mate

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
PNG has wonderful internet speeds and architecture.

View attachment 89050

View attachment 89051

With amazing speeds like that the 18% of Papuans who have internet will be able to watch their team play in glorious standard definition for just $78 a month on Digicel.

Yea the stilt house shit is racist as f**k dude. Stilt houses are prevalent through all of SEA coastal regions for obvious reasons. You're putting them up as some kind of "look how primitive they are". Its a country that is mostly jungle(where most the population live) so its a stupid point anyway.

They have nationwide FTA TV as well so why would they need streaming?

There are plenty of points against a PNG team without being ignorant.

Maximus

Coach
Seems like some on this forum are suffering from erectile disfunction and gone off very early.

Vlandys is on Fordham's show regularly. Does he really think we believe he didn't leak it to try to pressure everyone else to agree to it?

Wb1234

Immortal
AFL Stadium in Tasmania
AFL Stadium in Blacktown that was abandoned
AFL funding based on questionable Auskick participation numbers
AFL funding of their base at Springwood

Just the tip of the iceberg of what they get out of Governments. Your thoughts on this?

$60m is a drop in the ocean when it comes to Government spending and if the NRL says no, will still be spent on foreign aid for PNG regardless
Giants have had 100 million in funding for their various stadiums

tasmania is over a billion on two stadiums

marvel stadium is getting 150 million plus another 300 million on centres of excellence owned by afl clubs

AFL Stadium in Tasmania
AFL Stadium in Blacktown that was abandoned
AFL funding based on questionable Auskick participation numbers
AFL funding of their base at Springwood

Just the tip of the iceberg of what they get out of Governments. Your thoughts on this?

$60m is a drop in the ocean when it comes to Government spending and if the NRL says no, will still be spent on foreign aid for PNG regardless
I hate fumbleball and think it shouldn't get a cent. I've complained to local politicians about how much they waste on fumbleball.

docbrown

Coach
Internet use in Papua New Guinea in 2022​
There were 1.66 million internet users in Papua New Guinea in January 2022.​
Papua New Guinea’s internet penetration rate stood at 18.0 percent of the total population at the start of 2022.​
Kepios analysis indicates that internet users in Papua New Guinea increased by 310 thousand (+23.0 percent) between 2021 and 2022.​
For perspective, these user figures reveal that 7.55 million people in Papua New Guinea did not use the internet at the start of 2022, meaning that 82.0 percent of the population remained offline at the beginning of the year.​
I was replying to Canard who said that PNG had basically NO internet access.

Your figures are also two years old. The same company you're quoting has an update from January 2024 (see link below). The numbers now are.

• There were 2.81 million internet users in Papua New Guinea at January 2024.

A total of 3.84 million cellular mobile connections were active in Papua New Guinea in early 2024, with this figure equivalent to 36.9 percent of the total population.
Other sites estimate in May 2024 at 3-3.5 million internet users. As I said in the reply post (link below), the conservative number is now 3 million internet users. The reason being is that there has been a 4G rollout across the country and more areas now have access.

3 millions vs NO internet access. One of these numbers is an accurate number. The other is a racist and ignorant number.

docbrown

Coach
Yea the stilt house shit is racist as f**k dude. Stilt houses are prevalent through all of SEA coastal regions for obvious reasons. You're putting them up as some kind of "look how primitive they are". Its a country that is mostly jungle(where most the population live) so its a stupid point anyway.

They have nationwide FTA TV as well so why would they need streaming?

There are plenty of points against a PNG team without being ignorant.
There are plenty of posts on here where the underlying subtext is that people from PNG are primitives. This is just one of the more obvious ones.

Chris Reid

Juniors
Do you think that there isn't people in PNG living a primitive lifestyle?
Have you seen alone? They're living a primitive lifestyle.
What race lived primitively?
Here's a clue...all of them shit for brains.
See you sound like the most tolerant and calm bloke. Please don't change 🤣

Wb1234

Immortal
Do you think that there isn't people in PNG living a primitive lifestyle?
Have you seen alone? They're living a primitive lifestyle.
What race lived primitively?
Here's a clue...all of them shit for brains.
There’s 17 million of them lol

the people talking about crime and poverty are saying the whole country is like that

like they can’t find 20k of them to afford nrl ticket prices

Chris Reid

Juniors
There’s 17 million of them lol

the people talking about crime and poverty are saying the whole country is like that

like they can’t find 20k of them to afford nrl ticket prices
Now you're giving Geography lessons Wally 😂😂
Are you aware what happens in the world outside Western Sydney?
You struggle with Rugby League matters let alone adult political and geography matters

Latest posts