What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Wb1234

Referee
1. You have finally got it. Again try and argue how that is a bad thing
2. Why would a person who is broadly apolitical and who definitely doesn’t agree with the myth of American exceptionalism watch a show that is ostensibly political and about American exceptionalism. The only bit of the show that I’ve watched or remember was this (and that’s only because religion is probably the only thing more f***** than politics)

3. I have paid mine so as you. That doesn’t mean that I don’t know that they are now paying a c***load than I did a decade ago
Because people like me paid tens of thousands in hecs with no govt help

also it’s not targeted towards likely low income earners (doctors and lawyers get it)

this forum has been crying about the money for png and there are many examples of govts wasting way more money on other projects

Ukraine and the submarine deal are other examples

400 million on the voice referendum which had no chance is passing

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Because people like me paid tens of thousands in hecs with no govt help

also it’s not targeted towards likely low income earners (doctors and lawyers get it)

this forum has been crying about the money for png and there are many examples of govts wasting way more money on other projects

Ukraine and the submarine deal are other examples

400 million on the voice referendum which had no chance is passing

As someone who actually works with doctors I hate this framing of them as rich people. Doctors spend a significant part of their career earning very little and in fact it takes a lot of years before they even start making money. Sure being a doctor has the potential of being a high income earner but it takes a long time and A LOT of money invested on education.

We should be encouraging people to be doctors and right now we have a shortage like most of the world does. Supporting people to do one of the most important and difficult jobs in our society isn't 'wasting money'.

Also supporting Ukraine against Russia isn't 'wasting money'. It's astonishing how much you're blinded by your fanboyism that you would place putting money towards an NRL team on the same level as preventing russia from invading another country and all the severe consequences that would have on the world. Take your blinders off for a minute.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
As someone who actually works with doctors I hate this framing of them as rich people. Doctors spend a significant part of their career earning very little and in fact it takes a lot of years before they even start making money. Sure being a doctor has the potential of being a high income earner but it takes a long time and A LOT of money invested on education.

We should be encouraging people to be doctors and right now we have a shortage like most of the world does. Supporting people to do one of the most important and difficult jobs in our society isn't 'wasting money'.

Also supporting Ukraine against Russia isn't 'wasting money'. It's astonishing how much you're blinded by your fanboyism that you would place putting money towards an NRL team on the same level as preventing russia from invading another country and all the severe consequences that would have on the world. Take your blinders off for a minute.
What’s Australia got to do with a nato proxy war ?

you don’t see Russia setting up bases all around the world

if trump wins as is looking likely he’s going to cut Zelensky off

Last edited:

Brian potter

Bench
What’s Australia got to do with a nato proxy war ?

you don’t see Russia setting up bases all around the world

if trump wins as is looking likely he’s going to cut Zelensky off
Oh my days!!!

I’ve literally just picked up my jaw off the floor as I agree with everything you’ve just written.

docbrown

Coach
I'd say they'd want to lock up the PNG deal before the next election. That way if the Liberals win, they risk PNG's ire if they undo the deal. It doesn't mean that they'll be the 18th team necessarily. It could be that Perth comes in first and PNG comes in a little bit later, even if they're both announced at the same time. It'd be an idiotic Liberal leader who would risk undoing such an announcement and they'd probably peeve off the US State Department too.

Steel Saints

Juniors
So the NRL's long term view is to have a 20 team comp. If PNG and Perth are 18 and 19, then one of NZ 2 or Brisbane 3 would miss out.

Wb1234

Referee
The thing is 20 of those teams are in Australia and the 4 others would be in PNG/NZ. So there's no real oversaturation of the Australian market.
We have to go to Adelaide eventually even if I’m not a huge fan of it just to tick the box

and yeh that’s where afl is stuck they probably only have players for 18 teams tops