What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

The removal of teams 30 years ago, saved the comp money, not cost it.

This team, will suddenly cost 10s of millions to run for the game, once the handouts dry up.

A better option would be to choose a more economically stable region that will grow the game and be a geniune return on investment.

Unfortunately RL administrators don't seem to have any long term vision.
If the hand outs dry up they'll sell the licence to another consortium like Queensland, Adelaide or NZ

$$$$$$$$$$ WIN WIN

MugaB

Coach
If the hand outs dry up they'll sell the licence to another consortium like Queensland, Adelaide or NZ

$$$$$$$$$$ WIN WIN
Exactly it!, it will teach the govt not to try this shit anymore, and if it works then great, let's see if it tries to become somewhat self sustained after a decade of sponsorship

Canard

Immortal
We have won the Rugby Wars now it's time to destroy the AFL Empire, bring on Government funding and PNG! I'd rather see the government spend big money on us then bugger ball.
This won't mean one thing to AFL, if anything us giving up on Australia gives them a huge advantage.

Maximus

Coach
I said earlier that the supporters don't actually care about a png team, they just want to post on bigfooty about how much govt money the nrl got. Muga is proving it with every recent post.

All they care about is taking taxpayer dollars. They don't give a shit if the team is only around for a couple of years, they just want to be able to claim they won some war. At this point they are no different to afl fans who bragged about gws and how it was going to take over.

Frank Burge

Juniors
I can’t see the government of the day ever pulling funding from this unless it becomes self sustaining as the threat of upsetting png and them striking a military partnership with china is to great.

Pippen94

First Grade
I said earlier that the supporters don't actually care about a png team, they just want to post on bigfooty about how much govt money the nrl got. Muga is proving it with every recent post.

All they care about is taking taxpayer dollars. They don't give a shit if the team is only around for a couple of years, they just want to be able to claim they won some war. At this point they are no different to afl fans who bragged about gws and how it was going to take over.

This is a weird take..

MugaB

Coach
This is a weird take..
It's a dumb one, but he is right on one thing I don't care how we start the png team, as long as we start it, and don't have to pay for it, same as Perth, Adelaide, Christchurch, etc let the governments and broadcaster fund them, till they can be self sustainable, if not drop it and go somewhere else, I couldn't give 2 shits about AFL or another forum to boast, I'll boast here, as I knew PNG is the 18th team, rain, hail or shine, all you karens can suck a big ol long black dick, shameful f**kas for not getting on board government funding for OUR sport of choice, especially when the other shìt codes have been sucking on that govt teet for years

Pippen94

First Grade
It's a dumb one, but he is right on one thing I don't care how we start the png team, as long as we start it, and don't have to pay for it, same as Perth, Adelaide, Christchurch, etc let the governments and broadcaster fund them, till they can be self sustainable, if not drop it and go somewhere else, I couldn't give 2 shits about AFL or another forum to boast, I'll boast here, as I knew PNG is the 18th team, rain, hail or shine, all you karens can suck a big ol long black dick, shameful f**kas for not getting on board government funding for OUR sport of choice, especially when the other shìt codes have been sucking on that govt teet for years

I don't think anybody cares about bragging rights over AFL. At least, no normal person. Getting government money when offered is what's best for NRL in almost every case.

MugaB

Coach
I don't think anybody cares about bragging rights over AFL. At least, no normal person. Getting government money when offered is what's best for NRL in almost every case.
You must be PVL, the morons in Vicky kicky just announced plans to build infrastructure in NT on 2 stadiums for their 20th team there FFs, of course the Government handouts are ripe for those f**kwits... if anything we should be adding PNG, FIJI and Perth as the next 3 while these Governments are dumb enough to share it around

Pippen94

First Grade
You must be PVL, the morons in Vicky kicky just announced plans to build infrastructure in NT on 2 stadiums for their 20th team there FFs, of course the Government handouts are ripe for those f**kwits... if anything we should be adding PNG, FIJI and Perth as the next 3 while these Governments are dumb enough to share it around

All sports get funding. The biggest probably get more because they lobby harder. Part of what administration should do!!

mongoose

Coach
yeah but if the handout is just going to waste time and not lead to anything sustainable, is it even worth it?

reanimate

Bench
We should absolutely be jumping on Perth while we have a RL friendly government there. If they’re willing to contribute and help get the NRL set up there, it’s an opportunity that can’t be missed.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I love these rugby league fans who care ao much about what fumbleball is doing. I wouldn't know how much fumbleball has got from the government, the only way I know anything about what goes on in that shitshow sport is by what gets posted on this site by AFL Red, the Tiktok Swannieboy and other guys who supposedly hate fumbleball.

PNG won't cost $600mill. It will cost billions to see anything near the dreams some of you think will happen, a flow of players from PNG. And decades. You'll all be dead if it happens.

But what does reality it matter? All that matters is that money doesn't go to a sport you apparently despise.

Steel Saints

Juniors
I love these rugby league fans who care ao much about what fumbleball is doing. I wouldn't know how much fumbleball has got from the government, the only way I know anything about what goes on in that shitshow sport is by what gets posted on this site by AFL Red, the Tiktok Swannieboy and other guys who supposedly hate fumbleball.

PNG won't cost $600mill. It will cost billions to see anything near the dreams some of you think will happen, a flow of players from PNG. And decades. You'll all be dead if it happens.

But what does reality it matter? All that matters is that money doesn't go to a sport you apparently despise.

I like to see the breakdown of how the $600 million is going to be spent. As for Fumbleball, who cares.

Latest posts