What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Colk

First Grade
So you agree?

makes you wonder whether Canberra should be in the comp then

I didn’t say I agreed at all. I was implying that you tend to go personal like a teenager because you’re immature.

Canberra is hard and perhaps shouldn’t be in the competition (I have actually advocated for the Raiders to move from Canberra) however Port Moresby is on another level considering that it is one of the most dangerous and violent cities in the world. Seriously have you ever been to a third world country? Because if you had, you wouldn’t be comparing it to Canberra

Wb1234

Referee
I didn’t say I agreed at all. I was implying that you tend to go personal like a teenager because you’re immature.

Canberra is hard and perhaps shouldn’t be in the competition (I have actually advocated for the Raiders to move from Canberra) however Port Moresby is on another level considering that it is one of the most dangerous and violent cities in the world. Seriously have you ever been to a third world country? Because if you had, you wouldn’t be comparing it to Canberra
You’re talking about a png team struggling to attract players

the club you support has that problem

Hypocrite much ?

most of the fans hanging crap on png have similar issues with their clubs that’s the funny bit

png with tax breaks and a players on resort on the beach with Wayne Bennett coaching

yeh no comparison

Bukowski

Juniors
Well we are.

I've never worked out why dopes think someone's support for a team that hasn't done well is a bad thing. It shows loyalty, an ability to stick out the bad times.

Unlike pelicans that run off and support the swans at a drop of the hat.
Old tiktok gave up on the tigers pretty quick.

Colk

First Grade
You’re talking about a png team struggling to attract players

the club you support has that problem

Hypocrite much ?

most of the fans hanging crap on png have similar issues with their clubs that’s the funny bit

There is a difference between finding it hard and finding it impossible. That’s hardly hypocrisy.

Again, if you have been to a third world or dangerous country you would understand the difference between that and Canberra which people might label “boring” or “unexciting” rather than life threatening. The other difference is that Canberra can support itself; PNG obviously can’t - that’s a big difference as well.

Also, you seem to skip over important aspects. I have actually advocated for my team to move away from Canberra. If I’m advocating for that, don’t you think I’m acutely aware of putting teams in places that are unattractive for players.

The only way teams in places like Canberra, Newcastle or Townsville (if you want to keep them) can realistically challenge; and this is doubly important if you want to introduce something like PNG, is through a better system than just a straight salary cap.

Wb1234

Referee
There is a difference between finding it hard and finding it impossible. That’s hardly hypocrisy.

Again, if you have been to a third world or dangerous country you would understand the difference between that and Canberra which people might label “boring” or “unexciting” rather than life threatening. The other difference is that Canberra can support itself; PNG obviously can’t - that’s a big difference as well.

Also, you seem to skip over important aspects. I have actually advocated for my team to move away from Canberra. If I’m advocating for that, don’t you think I’m acutely aware of putting teams in places that are unattractive for players.

The only way teams in places like Canberra, Newcastle or Townsville (if you want to keep them) can realistically challenge; and this is doubly important if you want to introduce something like PNG, is through a better system than just a straight salary cap.
Different teams have different benefits for the nrl

Canberra stopped the afl expanding north

png will be an unlimited player pool and benefit international rugby league

when Canberra cowboys Illawarra Newcastle Penrith etc were admitted the areas couldn’t support an nrl team and were dumps

Colk

First Grade
Different teams have different benefits for the nrl

Canberra stopped the afl expanding north

png will be an unlimited player pool and benefit international rugby league

when Canberra cowboys Illawarra Newcastle Penrith etc were admitted the areas couldn’t support an nrl team and were dumps

When Canberra, Newcastle, Penrith, Illawarra were launched it wasn’t a professional competition. Not a real comparison.

Newcastle, Penrith and the Cowboys have also been on their arse financially and had to be bailed out and were nearly kicked out.

PNG will be immeasurably harder to implement than any of these sides which have had their significant struggles. You are essentially putting in a team in a third world country and asking them to compete with places which are some of the most affluent cities in the world. A comparison would be the NFL or MLB putting a team in some country in South America - it just wouldn’t work.

Lastly, if it is about unlimited player development/pools, it would be much more feasible to fund an entire competition for the Pacific and directly feed them to existing NRL clubs.

Wb1234

Referee
When Canberra, Newcastle, Penrith, Illawarra were launched it wasn’t a professional competition. Not a real comparison.

Newcastle, Penrith and the Cowboys have also been on their arse financially and had to be bailed out and were nearly kicked out.

PNG will be immeasurably harder to implement than any of these sides which have had their significant struggles. You are essentially putting in a team in a third world country and asking them to compete with places which are some of the most affluent cities in the world. A comparison would be the NFL or MLB putting a team in some country in South America - it just wouldn’t work.

Lastly, if it is about unlimited player development/pools, it would be much more feasible to fund an entire competition for the Pacific and directly feed them to existing NRL clubs.
The money is only available for a png team not solely to fund juniors

this thread would be two pages if people actually addressed the facts of the bid rather than making up random bs

Canard

Immortal
Comparing the living standards, safety, and logistics of any Australian city to Port Moresby

the chappelle show tyrone biggums GIF

Colk

First Grade

this thread would be two pages if people actually addressed the facts of the bid rather than making up random bs

There are no facts. There are no facts because heck they don’t even know how it is going to work. At one time it was going to be based in Cairns, now it is going to be based in PNG in a compound. Even the $600m was supposedly just going to education programs and for the team. Now a compound is being built as well.

I’ll reiterate: no other sport has done this because it is not a good idea. If the money is dependent on implementing a bad idea then you walk away instead of implementing said bad idea. At least wait until such a time as the PNG society can fund this team, there are proper strategies and planning in place and doesn’t require a government being involved

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Every thread would only be 2 pages if you stopped trolling them tiktok boy.

Wb1234

Referee
There are no facts. There are no facts because heck they don’t even know how it is going to work. At one time it was going to be based in Cairns, now it is going to be based in PNG in a compound. Even the $600m was supposedly just going to education programs and for the team. Now a compound is being built as well.

I’ll reiterate: no other sport has done this because it is not a good idea. If the money is dependent on implementing a bad idea then you walk away instead of implementing said bad idea. At least wait until such a time as the PNG society can fund this team, there are proper strategies and planning in place and doesn’t require a government being involved
There’s been over 100 articles

you and your mates are ignoring everything in them and repeating the same boring arguments over and over again

it’s boring

at the least come up with negative stuff about what’s reported in the bid now

im happy to summarise the bid as it stands if you are confused

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

you and your mates are ignoring everything in them and repeating the same boring arguments over and over again

it’s boring

Articles aren't facts swanny.

Colk

First Grade

it’s boring

I just did.

mongoose

Coach

it’s boring

have any of those articles addressed these possible issues?

how will PNG attract any players from Australia/NZ?

is there a broadcast company in PNG that will pay anything for the rights?

can enough locals afford to attend games, will ticket prices be similar to in Australia?

how will the NRL deal with the constant threat of civil unrest and violence?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

can enough locals afford to attend games, will ticket prices be similar to in Australia?

You're ignoring the facts.

Fact: Resort on a beach with Wayne Bennett.

Wb1234

Referee

Yeh some of them

the other aren’t hard to work out