What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It may be happening or not. But I'll be damned if I'm going to agree with it.

If you think that this going to provide more than a handful of NRL players or lift PNG out of poverty or keep the Chinese at bay 🤣🤣🤣 or other such nonsense you've got rocks in your head.

Canard

Immortal
It may be happening or not. But I'll be damned if I'm going to agree with it.

If you think that this going to provide more than a handful of NRL players or lift PNG out of poverty or keep the Chinese at bay 🤣🤣🤣 or other such nonsense you've got rocks in your head.
You don't understand "paid experts" have looked into it.

This the same bloke wearing a fumbleball scarf recently and acting like a pork chop?

He switched codes quicker than you.
It's all for show, Albo is no more a RL fan than ScoMo pretended to be, or Howard used to be with Cricket.

Colk

First Grade
Oh well but they are

Maybe Albo is using that as an excuse to help out his favourite sport

Oh well they probably will but that doesn’t mean I have to think it’s a good decision. I hope it works but it is a monumental risk and a risk we are not obliged to make.

Sure, but he could do a better job at it. Fund some stadiums in Australia if you want.

Wb1234

Referee
Oh well they probably will but that doesn’t mean I have to think it’s a good decision. I hope it works but it is a monumental risk and a risk we are not obliged to make.

Sure, but he could do a better job at it. Fund some stadiums in Australia if you want.
He’s partly funding leichardt oval and Canberra will be next buddy

Colk

First Grade
He’s partly funding leichardt oval and Canberra will be next buddy

Hope you’re right on the latter.

I don’t know what they will be funding though - they can’t decide where it will be located and in what form it will take

Colk

First Grade
Where Bruce is most likely

Sorry to derail this thread into stadium talk but there would be no point in upgrading a stadium if the plan is to build one - a new stadium probably won’t happen because it is seemingly all bluster down there but I would leave that to somebody down in Canberra to comment on that

mongoose

Coach
People with track records vs people with no track records

the fact you are against png is because your mind is made up regardless of the facts

you aren’t the only one either
whats the track record of professional sporting competitions in rich developed countries expanding to poor 3rd world countries? Mexicans love baseball but the MLB has never spoken about a team there and Mexico is far, far wealthier than PNG.

Wb1234

Referee
whats the track record of professional sporting competitions in rich developed countries expanding to poor 3rd world countries? Mexicans love baseball but the MLB has never spoken about a team there and Mexico is far, far wealthier than PNG.
600 million dollars

Canard

Immortal
Cuba and Mexico are positively wealthy compared to PNG also

Colk

First Grade
Cuba and Mexico are positively wealthy compared to PNG also

They wouldn’t do it because there are plenty of locations that could house sides and they already source a c***load of talent from Central America, Caribbean and South America without having to stoop to putting an uncompetitive side there.

Wb1234

Referee
Sorry to derail this thread into stadium talk but there would be no point in upgrading a stadium if the plan is to build one - a new stadium probably won’t happen because it is seemingly all bluster down there but I would leave that to somebody down in Canberra to comment on that
New build at Bruce

Wb1234

Referee

Latest posts