What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poasa Faamausili first official signing

denis preston

First Grade
Not if Suaali wants $2m a year! Only joking because this is a joke. Fancy going after this kid who has not proven a thing and not played any first grade. He might be big and strong against the lower grade players, but against the men, he will cry to mummy when he gets hurt. In my opinion, kids that go to the Kings School are up themselves.

Rorters smokes & mirrors in action with offloading Flanagan & Poasa. That will justify signing up Suaali and keeping the Morris boys.Only if they shed Crichton, Tedesco will i believe they are playing the salary cap game fairly.

possm

Coach
If Suaali was one of our young juniors, I'd hope we would do all we can to keep him. Bennett thought very highly of his ability and now so do the Roosters. so I have no doubt that he is a gifted player. The only problem I can see is that Suaali's manager is putting an unreasonably higher price on his signature. The young man now has an inflated ego and so is due for a big fall.

How the Rooster get away with such low salaries for players on the cap is beyond belief and needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why does there have to be a choice?

We need (atm) to sign 4 players. If Crichton is available, yes sign him 100%.
If Joe O is also available then yes sign him.

Yes, Joe O didn't have the best of seasons at the Broncos, but who did in that team who finished with the wooden spoon?

Signing both would still leave us with 2 more to sign

possm

Coach
Why does there have to be a choice?

We need (atm) to sign 4 players. If Crichton is available, yes sign him 100%.
If Joe O is also available then yes sign him.

Yes, Joe O didn't have the best of seasons at the Broncos, but who did in that team who finished with the wooden spoon?

Signing both would still leave us with 2 more to sign
We needed two props, an edge forward and a fullback. We have so far signed a prop. Creighton and Joe O are edge forwards, Bird would be selected at fullback. So we are one prop short and have a replacement for De Belin if he becomes unavailable.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We needed two props, an edge forward and a fullback. We have so far signed a prop. Creighton and Joe O are edge forwards, Bird would be selected at fullback. So we are one prop short and have a replacement for De Belin if he becomes unavailable.

Bird won't play fullback in the starting side.

Poasa is a good young prop and it wouldn't surprise to see either T. Sims or DeBelin moved to the prop rotation. At this stage Tariq is better suited in the middle now imo.

Joe O can play edge or lock, but he is not a prop. Remember he did play SOO.

jak

Bench
you would see me at fullback before bird.

denis preston

First Grade
Hook obviously wants more minutes out of him.He like many others in this squad may benefit from training harder so they are fitter to stop collapsing in the last 20 minutes of games .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

BLM01

First Grade
I feel the article missed one key question...

Yes, it’s a tough pre season..

But is it the toughest pre season every?
No those words were only uttered by players during Mary preseason’s
They just never finished the sentence off!
This is the toughest preseason ever..... listening to this coach.

ALSGI

Bench
I’d be happy if they never interviewed a player for the rest of the year and just left it to Hook Elliot and Gentle.
Agree, mostly mind numbing cliche from players. I mean Poasa must have said ‘comfort zone’ 100 times.

I do o enjoy hearing from the players during the playing year though.

Coach and his staff is all I need to hear from preseason. Wouldn’t mind hearing what Soward reckons, Nighty and Graham if he gets a job.

One of those Elliot/Soward analysis videos on the Dragons training would be interesting, especially during the season next year!!! Are they still going to do them?

denis preston

First Grade
In view on how all his team mates are playing , his form has been underwhelming. Perhaps there is a niggling injury that the coach feels needs to be addressed. Wouldn't happen in Mcwreckers days !

redVinme

Bench
Out of the two players we signed that were loaned to the warriors last year I didn't think I'd say I prefer Alvaro at this point but here we are. Poasa still green and needs to use his size more effectively.

saintly1996

Juniors
In view on how all his team mates are playing , his form has been underwhelming. Perhaps there is a niggling injury that the coach feels needs to be addressed. Wouldn't happen in Mcwreckers days !

I thought his last game was not too bad, an improvement on the first couple

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought his last game was not too bad, an improvement on the first couple
Has shown at times that there’s a decent player in there that is yet to show consistency.
I think he was Hooked for his poor one on one missed tackle against the knights on our line & maybe hook wants to see better & is “resting” him for this.

Latest posts