What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Points Start, Round 1

Misty Bee

First Grade
In lieu of the website coming online hopefully over the weekend, here is the points starts for rounnd 1:

Brisbane v Sydney + 20.5
Bulldogs v Souths + 4.5
Canberra +4.5 v St George
Central Coast v Penrith + 8.5
Cronulla + 4.5 v Parramatta
Manly v North Queensland + 12.5
Melbourne v New Zealand + 4.5
Newcastle + 0.5 v Balmain

Deano

Juniors
Just wondering Misty, do you take Fire em up's and home ground advantages/ hoodoos etc. into account when estimating the starts :?:

Big Mick

Referee
WOAH! ROOSTERS who were undefeated in the pre-season with 20.5 start!

Seems i'm the closest game of the round with 0.5 start to me.

Deano said:
Just wondering Misty, do you take Fire em up's and home ground advantages/ hoodoos etc. into account when estimating the starts :?:

*stand to be corrected*

Yes he dose. It also takes past performances into account.
For example CC were a top side and have a fairly high cap so are expected to do better than an average team hence have a higher start against.

BB said:
20.5 !?!? Confused

Agreed :?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Just wondering Misty, do you take Fire em up's and home ground advantages/ hoodoos etc. into account when estimating the starts

Home ground advantages - yes.

Hoodoo's, no.

Fire Em Up tokens, no. I usually do the points start at the end of the previous round. That way, points startd can be influenced only by the squads, and NOT the game plans. That makes the game plans the big variable - and that's why the coaches efforts is the most important thing in the CRL. That's why the coach of the year is the CRL champ.

So, in summary, it is based on 2 things: Salary Cap and home ground advantage.

Ghoulies

Bench
Misty Bee said:

Only 4.5? The Saints are tipped to take out the Premiership, the least you could do for the 'lowly' Raiders is get rid of the decimal 8)

bartman

Immortal
Ghoulies said:
Misty Bee said:

Only 4.5? The Saints are tipped to take out the Premiership...

Depends who's doing the tipping ;-) Premiers one year, bottom eight next year, just ask Undertaker Mike... (sorry, just making the point :? ).

bartman said:
Ghoulies said:
Misty Bee said:

Only 4.5? The Saints are tipped to take out the Premiership...

Depends who's doing the tipping ;-) Premiers one year, bottom eight next year, just ask Undertaker Mike... (sorry, just making the point :? ).

GrRRRRRRR

Reassigns fire'emup token recipitant :twisted:

rabs

Staff member
Indeed mike
I know MB can't give away all the secrets but just how did he know to give such a big start in this game?