What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL: 2010 People's Choice Article Of The Year

Which article is, in your opinion, most deserving of the 2010 People's Choice Award?

• Bubbles: "A Life In Contrast"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew-Sta: "Fog Of War"

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • dubopov: "You Don't Have To Be Einstein"

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • gorilla: "Slap, Slap, Slap"

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Jesbass: "He Tangata"

• LeagueNut: "Crazy"

• madunit: "Theo"

• Marshall_magic: "The Tigers' Nine Lives"

• murphyscreek: "The Flag"

• Phantom Eel: "All Good Things..."

• rayroxon: "Victim"

• RHCP: "Nightmare On Castlemaine Street"

• The Piper: "National Rugby League Bar And Grill: Footy Food"

• tits&tans: "Mathematical Musings"

• Willow: "League-a-lising Rugby Union"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jesbass

First Grade
Which of the below articles is, in your opinion, most deserving of the 2010 People's Choice Article Of The Year?

Bubbles: "A Life In Contrast"
Drew-Sta: "Fog Of War"
dubopov: "You Don't Have To Be Einstein"
gorilla: "Slap, Slap, Slap"
Jesbass: "He Tangata"
LeagueNut: "Crazy"
madunit: "Theo"
Marshall_magic: "The Tigers' Nine Lives"
murphyscreek: "The Flag"
Phantom Eel: "All Good Things..."
rayroxon: "Victim"
RHCP: "Nightmare On Castlemaine Street"
The Piper: "National Rugby League Bar And Grill: Footy Food"
tits&tans: "Mathematical Musings"
Willow: "League-a-lising Rugby Union"

Congratulations to all nominees! :clap:

This poll closes on New Year's Eve, so get cracking! :thumn

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Does this poll/award really close on New Years' Eve?

Or was the plan to try and squeeze in an awards night sometime before Christmas and holidays? :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Does this poll/award really close on New Years' Eve?

Or was the plan to try and squeeze in an awards night sometime before Christmas and holidays? :D

It really does close on New Year's eve. We're mid-December as it is, so to rush a vote would do a disservice to those who wrote such great pieces. We can always dish out 2010's awards in the New Year.

Personally, I'd prefer we take a bit longer and get the right winner, than rush the vote and have people miss out on taking part.

bartman

Immortal
It really does close on New Year's eve. We're mid-December as it is, so to rush a vote would do a disservice to those who wrote such great pieces. We can always dish out 2010's awards in the New Year.

Personally, I'd prefer we take a bit longer and get the right winner, than rush the vote and have people miss out on taking part.
No worries. And fair enough. If it's in the new year, then in the new year it is!

Was just keen to know how the timneframes for these awards were sitting... so I know when/how often to try and check back over summer/holidays.

Jesbass

First Grade
I've voted. There were some brilliant options, but I just couldn't go past Theo, by madunit. It was so deeply involving and moving.

Mrs Jesbass is very much nonplussed by the whole Forum Sevens concept. But every once in a while, an article strikes me to the point that I feel I need to read it to her. This was one such article.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh gee thanks JB.

Pop was a big unit too, would've been great to see him play. The si milarities between him and 'Sticks' Provan may have been accurate.

Jesbass

First Grade
Alright, for you crazy folk who are working (like me) or have some equally poor excuse for not being out of town and enjoying the beaches, you have only two days left to vote!

Then all of the awards will have been decided, and we'll get the winning banners distributed early in 2011. :thumn

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Woo hoo. I got a vote. lol

Great work Goz. Funny stuff and well deserving :clap:

Jesbass

First Grade
I'm secretly organising a revolution of 13 people - one for each rugby league position - to seize this prize!

Although, by saying that out loud, it's no longer secret. Damn. Foiled again!

Jesbass

First Grade
That's not in my hands, Drew-Sta. NT needs to recover from the New Year celebrations and then ensure the banners are made. Then I guess we can get them distributed.

Bugger me I'm slow haha.
I've talked to Timmah who will be doing the banners.
So it should be soon.
Now f*ck off while I attend to this headache. :lol:

Latest posts