What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pom retiring?

island pro

Juniors
Yep... first i'd heard of it though. I would assume he would look to another club if the Sharkies don't re-sign him. He's not that old is he?

Inside_Pass67

Juniors
Pom doesn't want to retire. That is a fact. He's just waiting for an offer... from anybody.

Not keen on England, either.

coolumsharkie

Referee
In the Fergo article about him being a dickwad at the cab rank.

With Ben Ross, and possibly Ben Pomeroy, set to retire, and half a dozen other NRL squad members off-contract, Cronulla are one of the few NRL clubs with enough salary cap space to accommodate Ferguson next year.
It’s understood his asking price will start at around $600,000, which will prove too rich for the Eels and Rabbitohs.
The Roosters have been mentioned as possible suitors, but officials deny that Ferguson is part of their plans because boom centre Tautau Moga will be fit to resume playing after back-to-back knee injuries.
Parramatta have given full-back Jake Mullaney permission to look for a rival club, but coach Ricky Stuart on Monday night said the Eels would not be chasing Ferguson.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-cross-cab-rank/story-fni3gmmu-1226704611135

pommy shark

Juniors
With Gal playing prop and Bakuya a kiwi we have a gap in our famed back row - at the right price you do a lot worse than Pom as depth - and as he is Gal's man crush we keep the big guys best mate in the house.

DJDL

Bench
Alright, I'll admit it: I love Pom
He's prone to f**k ups, no question, but I love it when he's on.
And he was last night

newman

First Grade
This is further proof fergo could be coming. I can't believe sticky didn't throw him a lifeline.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I have a love hate relationship with him for a similar reason. When he plays bad, he can be bad, but he has had some good times, and I love it when he smashes people. I like to see us at least offer him a minimum wage style deal for depth if nothing else. We still haven't signed any great centers to take his spot.

Frenzy.

Immortal
This is further proof fergo could be coming. I can't believe sticky didn't throw him a lifeline.

Sticky doesn't seem to know if he's coming or going though. Been no denial from him about the $7,000,000 Raiders rumour.

Card Shark

Immortal

Because they already have a lot of their eggs in 3 baskets for next year - Hayne, Sandow & Hopoate. They can't afford another very high priced player on their books as the rest of the squad will become even weaker.

Save the Pom I say !!

Inferno

Coach
They did have that English guy coming who backed out, likewise with Papalli. They would have been offered decent dollars.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Sticky doesn't seem to know if he's coming or going though. Been no denial from him about the $7,000,000 Raiders rumour.

I cannot believe that the Raiders would be interested. Since Freddy retired wtf has he achieved?

Latest posts