What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor Ben Hunt

Illusion

Bench
Even though what happened last night sucks, it's more than fair to say that Hunt will no longer be remembered for the 2015 Grand Final.

Instead, he will be fondly remembered as a QLD great and more importantly, one of the great Dragons captains.
And what a dead set wanker is Andrew Johns ..... How he was ever allowed to become an immortal after admitting to taking drugs is beyond me .....

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
And what a dead set wanker is Andrew Johns ..... How he was ever allowed to become an immortal after admitting to taking drugs is beyond me .....
Joey’s efforts after the game were pathetic and embarrassing. The guy is a joke and that little wa wa was probably the worst thing I’ve seen in a long time. Thank god I watch Fox and don’t have to put up with that dribbler and very poor sport

Nanadragon

Juniors
Talking about peanut Mary McGregor no wonder NSW got beat with this guy amongst the coaching staff..........

Talking about peanut Mary McGregor no wonder NSW got beat with this guy amongst the coaching staff..........
The Blue's attack reminded me of those "Mary" years. He shouldn't be anywhere near a coach's box.

Reflector

Juniors
Joey’s efforts after the game were pathetic and embarrassing. The guy is a joke and that little wa wa was probably the worst thing I’ve seen in a long time. Thank god I watch Fox and don’t have to put up with that dribbler and very poor sport
I've long held that if you want to know a person's worst qualities, look at their best qualities and think of the inverse. In the case of players like Joey, JT or Sticky- they were all fierce competitors who busted their arses and constantly did those 1% plays because they hated losing so much. They were the kind of players who would've been happy to play another 80 minutes straight after a game if it meant they could turn the loss into a win. It made them inspiring players and captains who could single-handedly turn a game...

At the same time, they rage and carry on and spit the dummy when things don't go their way. Evidenced by any number of Sticky's famous press conferences where he gets all surly and throws anybody else under the bus for the latest Raiders loss without taking responsibility for it. Evidenced by JT grubbing it up against Reynolds when it became apparent Qld were going to lose Origin in 2014, his "the NRL is conspiring against Qld" rant after the Cowboys were bundled out of the 2013 semis or his inability to come out and give NSW credit even when they've comprehensively out-played his beloved Maroons. In Joey's case there was his mouth-guard hurl late in the Roosters semi in 2000, his tirade at the ref in that game against Manly in 2006- and then last night.

As much as Cam Smith is a shit-stain on the game of RL and loves to make it all about himself, he at least knows how to be gracious in defeat and give credit when it is deserved. His concession speech after losing to Cronulla in the 2016 decider was the textbook for how a losing captain should address the victors, his own team, staff, sponsors and fans and be professional about it as the unofficial face of his team. Again last night, he was far more courteous to the defensive efforts of the NSW team in that second half than many Blues.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Sort of. Whilst it was a bit embarrasing for Ch9 because it did not go to the desired script in the same breath was refreshing to watch say it like it is. I agree with him and felt a bit the same what he said was true. I wish more players acted like that after a game because that is how supporters feel

TruSaint

Referee
293704767_5255081687915058_2528201494074976041_n.jpg

redv13

Bench
Sort of. Whilst it was a bit embarrasing for Ch9 because it did not go to the desired script in the same breath was refreshing to watch say it like it is. I agree with him and felt a bit the same what he said was true. I wish more players acted like that after a game because that is how supporters feel
Yeah I get it mate, just very poorly executed from Johns. You can be disappointed and gutted without seeming like an absolute knob. Was like watching a 10 year old throw a tantrum cause mum and dad said no McDonalds little Timmy

I'm Hornby

Juniors

Im thinking the Dolphins will get him with a 2/3 year contract. I’m so pleased he’s got his mojo back in the last years of the peanut he looked shattered. He is a great footballer, very happy for him.
Goes to show how fickle some supporters can be towards Ben. I think the majority of dragons fans have always appreciated him where as up here in QLD he has been a running joke for many since the 2015 grand final and is often the media scapegoat when QLD have lost origin games or series.

Now he wins the decider for QLD and all of a sudden he is the pin up boy and the media are trying to convince everyone he will play his twilight years at the Dolphins.

I hope Ben remembers this when he considers his future beyond 2023.

Latest posts