What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor old Hayne

Bazal

Post Whore
Take the blue and gold goggles off......hayne was just as heartless as the rest of them

Lol, I assume, without any goggles of your own, that Dugan would be a better option :roll: He was still dragging defenders in the last minutes...Creagh, Waterhouse, White didn't do that all night. Not to mention pretty much trying to win the game when both halves decided they'd rather have a cup of tea behind the play the ball. He might not have been great, but he was easily one of the better NSW players in a dire performance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty funny blame the fullback when you're pack is getting bent over all night, Hayne made a few mistakes but he looked likely in attack all night. The only person from NSW that could say that.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Lol...Hayne was trying his guts out, ran the ball back hard, played first and second receiver half the game because the halves were MIA, touched the ball a few times each set. Not his fault the rest of the side bar a few guys have hearts smaller than the average pea.

Replace the word 'Hayne' with the word 'Gidley'. That is exactly how Newcastle supporters have been defending Kurt after every game where he was wearing the 1.

When we were crying out that Gids didn't play that bad, or that good, just average, the muppets came out of the woodwork on here and he was slamed.

That was Hayne tonight, made some poor mistakes, wasn't as good as he can play at club level (or in previous series, on the wing), but was by no stretch of the imagination in the top five worst Blues on the field.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
please no more Canberra players, what we have is painfull enough.

Joel is probably the worst player in history to play SOO. And morons wanted over Tahu lol

Joel is probably the worst player in history to play SOO. And morons wanted over Tahu lol

Interesting considering cooper and morris were just as bad....as for Scott, the only decent thing he did all night was piss inglis off....

Have you forgotten steve turner already?

Bazal

Post Whore
Replace the word 'Hayne' with the word 'Gidley'. That is exactly how Newcastle supporters have been defending Kurt after every game where he was wearing the 1.

When we were crying out that Gids didn't play that bad, or that good, just average, the muppets came out of the woodwork on here and he was slamed.

That was Hayne tonight, made some poor mistakes, wasn't as good as he can play at club level (or in previous series, on the wing), but was by no stretch of the imagination in the top five worst Blues on the field.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gidley has nothing on Hayne...the difference is, when Newie fans were defending Gidley for that, it was the best he's ever offered at Origin level, and he still made monumental mistakes (stepping over the goal line last year, loose carry for the Thurston strip in game 1 this year)...whereas that's probably Hayne's worst game and it was still better than what Gidley offered. Nice try, but fundamentally flawed mate, try again.

Bazal

Post Whore

Harsh on Monas...he was MIA but at the same time he didn't really do anything to lose us the game. Not his fault he was thrown in, and Bellamy clearly had a plan for the outside backs to run in and watch QLD go around them.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sorry Baz but Hayne only decided to have a go after the game was well and truely gone. He can produce so much better but looked sh*t scared out there with so much pressure on him

mrpwnd

Bench
Really? Hayne was horrible? FMD, him and Hindy were the only 2 players threatening the line and Hindy isn't even there for that kind of sh*t. People slammed Gidley because he had opportunities to do some good sh*t and f**ked up. Wtf kind of opportunity did Hayne get? Had no support from his halves, heck you could even throw Uate in the mix and we'd still never have scored much.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

Gidley has nothing on Hayne...the difference is, when Newie fans were defending Gidley for that, it was the best he's ever offered at Origin level, and he still made monumental mistakes (stepping over the goal line last year, loose carry for the Thurston strip in game 1 this year)...whereas that's probably Hayne's worst game and it was still better than what Gidley offered. Nice try, but fundamentally flawed mate, try again.

• Hayne's positional play was terrible on kick returns, almost resulting in a Qld 40/20.
  • Running back his aforementioned kicks, he looked a shadow of an Origin level fullback.
  • Hayne flat out dropped a bomb, only to be saved by poor officiating.
  • Hayne ran lines during backline movements which hampered his outside men.
  • The dissalowed try at the end; that was a cut-out pass intended to miss Hayne and hit the centre, Hayne jumps in front and gets in the way of delivering early ball in the direction of our best finisher, Morris.

He put his head through a the line a couple of times, and that was it.

He was average at best. Average shouldn't be allowed in the number 1 jersey for NSW. And before you jump in, no, I don't think Gidley should be selected in the Blue's side. Bring on J. Duggan.

mrpwnd

Bench
  • Hayne's positional play was terrible on kick returns, almost resulting in a Qld 40/20.
  • Running back his aforementioned kicks, he looked a shadow of an Origin level fullback.
  • The dissalowed try at the end; that was a cut-out pass intended to miss Hayne and hit the centre, Hayne jumps in front and gets in the way of delivering early ball in the direction of our best finisher, Morris.

1. He caught alot of kicks on the full, positional play was fine, those 2 close 40/20s were a result of Cam Smith getting way too much space to work out of dummy half, early in the tackle count too, you can't blame Hayne for not predicting the future.
2. His kick returns were good, didn't get knocked around and pushed back like the forward pack.
3. That bomb did suck :( I can't defend that
4. He didn't do that LOL! All his playmaking was done on the left-side to help set up the Godly Cooper-Morris combo all the ppl on this forum thought would magically win us the game, the forwards did nothing in support.
5. That 'cut-out' pass? There's no way you could've interpreted that unless you were in the blues squad. Even if it were for morris, remember what happened the last time he got put into space? Kicked it for Slater to run 60m, he's got no confidence when he finds himself in space at origin.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
1. He caught alot of kicks on the full, positional play was fine, those 2 close 40/20s were a result of Cam Smith getting way too much space to work out of dummy half, early in the tackle count too, you can't blame Hayne for not predicting the future.
2. His kick returns were good, didn't get knocked around and pushed back like the forward pack.
3. That bomb did suck :( I can't defend that
4. He didn't do that LOL! All his playmaking was done on the left-side to help set up the Godly Cooper-Morris combo all the ppl on this forum thought would magically win us the game, the forwards did nothing in support.
5. That 'cut-out' pass? There's no way you could've interpreted that unless you were in the blues squad. Even if it were for morris, remember what happened the last time he got put into space? Kicked it for Slater to run 60m, he's got no confidence when he finds himself in space at origin.

He was yards away from where he should have been to retreive those kicks, and all subsquent kick returns were started off the back foot.

As for the cut-out pass, he literally took the ball out of Gidley's hands (who was playing in the injured Cooper's place at the time) at a moment when we actually had their edge defence outnumbered.

Can't fault Morris for trying the kick, he was running done a narrow corridor with defenders looming up both in front, and from infield behind him. He had support players on the inside that he couldn't pass to. He probably would have gone over the sideline if he kept the ball in his hands, and everyone would have been bitching about that too.

Lol...Hayne was trying his guts out, ran the ball back hard, played first and second receiver half the game because the halves were MIA, touched the ball a few times each set. Not his fault the rest of the side bar a few guys have hearts smaller than the average pea.

Good to see Raiders-Premiers using two of his joint accounts to make the same post though

? I must have like 50 accounts the way people go on

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh RP...

Post 10

are you joking? hayne got falconed by a normal bomb should have given qld 6 more, got run over by Inglis, got outleaped by slater whos about 10cm shorter, passed it to no one, took a dive. He was lucky smiths 40/20 went out on te full because he was poor positionally again.He made three tackles, missed two. I was embarrassed to have him at the back, bring Dugan in please.

He was the spastic

Post 13

Raiders Premiers said:
are you joking? hayne got falconed by a normal bomb should have given qld 6 more, got run over by Inglis, got outleaped by slater whos about 10cm shorter, passed it to no one, took a dive. He was lucky smiths 40/20 went out on the full because he was poor positionally again.He made three tackles, missed two. I was embarrassed to have him at the back, bring Dugan in please.

He was the spastic

:lol: You're as f**king thick as two bricks Bazal.
I thought it was funny the dude posted the same thing 3 times in row, so I re-posted it for a 4th time as a joke

Schiltzenberger

Juniors

He put his head through a the line a couple of times, and that was it.

He was average at best. Average shouldn't be allowed in the number 1 jersey for NSW. And before you jump in, no, I don't think Gidley should be selected in the Blue's side. Bring on J. Duggan.

lol, complete drivel.

I've bagged Hayne myself in the Parra forum for his bad positioning, defense and lack of urgency. I even picked a NSW team with Dugan at fullback and Hayne on the wing.

Tonight though Hayne was still better than anything Gidley has dished up in recent times. That was on the back of a flogging as well, so if the team performs better Hayne will go good.

Last edited:

mrpwnd

Bench
He was yards away from where he should have been to retreive those kicks, and all subsquent kick returns were started off the back foot.

As for the cut-out pass, he literally took the ball out of Gidley's hands (who was playing in the injured Cooper's place at the time) at a moment when we actually had their edge defence outnumbered.

Can't fault Morris for trying the kick, he was running done a narrow corridor with defenders looming up both in front, and from infield behind him. He had support players on the inside that he couldn't pass to. He probably would have gone over the sideline if he kept the ball in his hands, and everyone would have been bitching about that too.

Of course he was yards away, i said before, those were kicks early on in the tackle count and a result of defensive deficencies in our markers, next you'd say that Slater should've been outted from QLD team because he got caught out by Ennis' kick from dummy half.
I saw the footage of that apparent pass and i still don't see your perspective of it, it was a soft pass for whoever was next to Gidley, i don't think he cared who it got to.
I probably shouldn't fault morris for that kick, but at the same time, he isn't the type of player to play that way, he was in a narrow corrider, but the people on his inside weren't marking him too well, an inside step and he could've had the blues in a vital and early attacking position

Frailty

First Grade
Hayne was pretty useless out there...

His positioning and defence was poor, his kick returns were soft (like they have been all year at club level), and his high ball catching was poor. When Slater made the break after the Morris chip, I thought it was telling that Hindmarsh got Slater, whilst Hayne slowly jogged. He shows no urgency to clean up the short kicks or cut off the long kicks.

Was he the worst on the field? Definitely not. But very poor.

Apey

Staff member
f**king hilarious watching Parra fans defend Hayne like Newcastle fans defend Gidley and then try and say it's any different.

Hayne was way below his best, way way way below. However, he was still better than half the NSW team, not that that's saying a lot..

Latest posts